KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

2A/5A>4/1AB OS info

Everyone can do it against bullet, mu, and jin's c dp. Only ara and nu cant do it against jin's d dp

Azrael/Litchi dp everyone besides kagura, koko, noel, ragna, tao, ara, and nu.

Tsubaki dp only tsubaki, bullet, hakumen, carl, izayoi, jin, rachel, relius, litchi, makoto, tager, and azrael

Ragna/Makoto dp only tager and azrael's 5As(doable off 5D knockdown otherwise it's a pain because of the 6 active frames). Their last active frame must hit meaty. They're left at +6 if successful.

Notes

Tsubaki's dp requires you to meaty last active frame for the characters who can do it. Tager and Azrael can get away with the last 2(still a pain).

I only tested with jin. I used frame data to calculate who can do it against who(dp startup minus 1 must be greater than or equal to active plus recovery for it to work. I tested tager and azrael after the fact to confirm). 

Got a question or two, will edit post if any additional questions come to mind:

1. Okay, so I already own BBCT and BBCS. Is it worth getting BBCSII and/or BBCSE? Bear in mind my main interest lies in the story, and I'm wondering if BBCSII/BBCSE offers any story content I really need to experience, before I move on to BBCP. I'm currently considering skipping BBCSII but getting BBCSE for PS3.

2. I am having no luck finding the complete soundtrack for BBCS. I am talking about EVERY sound track, specifically all the event music is what I can't find (not too bothered about the vocal covers 'n' whatever). If anyone can provide a link to a website or something with all the soundtracks including every event music of BBCS, or at least, just all the event music (as I believe all the battle soundtracks can be found easily), I'd appreciate it.

#1: BBCS2 is a portable only version of BBCS, which I think only had a marginal amount of extra content, which was all folded in BBCSE.  So your plan is the right one, I believe, for maximum story.

#2: No idea.

Got a question or two, will edit post if any additional questions come to mind:

1. Okay, so I already own BBCT and BBCS. Is it worth getting BBCSII and/or BBCSE? Bear in mind my main interest lies in the story, and I'm wondering if BBCSII/BBCSE offers any story content I really need to experience, before I move on to BBCP. I'm currently considering skipping BBCSII but getting BBCSE for PS3.

2. I am having no luck finding the complete soundtrack for BBCS. I am talking about EVERY sound track, specifically all the event music is what I can't find (not too bothered about the vocal covers 'n' whatever). If anyone can provide a link to a website or something with all the soundtracks including every event music of BBCS, or at least, just all the event music (as I believe all the battle soundtracks can be found easily), I'd appreciate it.

#2 easiest way to get the soundtrack for the two BB games before BBCP is first, to go on steam and buy BBCT. BBCT on steam is only $9 USD (I think) and comes with the entire BBCT soundtrack (42 songs). Secondly BBCS used the same songs but added new ones (17 songs). These came with the limited edition of BBCSE, you can probably find it elsewhere (I got mine on ebay). Good luck!

#2 easiest way to get the soundtrack for the two BB games before BBCP is first, to go on steam and buy BBCT. BBCT on steam is only $9 USD (I think) and comes with the entire BBCT soundtrack (42 songs). Secondly BBCS used the same songs but added new ones (17 songs). These came with the limited edition of BBCSE, you can probably find it elsewhere (I got mine on ebay). Good luck!

Hm. Does that actually include the event music he was asking after?

BBCSE has extra story modes for the new characters which I enjoyed. I don't know if it's worth buying the entire game just for that though. Maybe you could find that on YouTube.

Has anyone else noticed an issue where the opposing character using OD sometimes... I'm not quite sure how to describe this other than the opponent's overdrive "eats" your inputs, so you re-input or it won't fire. It's something I noticed a while back but didn't think much of it, thinking I'm probably just screwing up somehow. Then I was playing with my friend earlier today and he said something about it too, so now I'm a bit curious about it, so I figured I might as well ask here since I have an account.

Is this intentional, a glitch, or are me and my friend just tipping our tinfoil hats?

I don't know if it does but I like to pretend that it does just that. Random ODs in neutral is a key part of my gameplan and doing so really messes with people.

I don't find myself using Rapid Cancels or Counter Assaults...like ever, yet the pro's do in certain situations. This must be because they came to the conclusion that they were more important in a match than an extra Distortion Drive, yet I don't understand why. Are there any situations in particular or certain characters in which it would be hugely beneficial to RC or CA rather than use another DD? :S

I don't find myself using Rapid Cancels or Counter Assaults...like ever, yet the pro's do in certain situations. This must be because they came to the conclusion that they were more important in a match than an extra Distortion Drive, yet I don't understand why. Are there any situations in particular or certain characters in which it would be hugely beneficial to RC or CA rather than use another DD? :S

When they don't want to deal with a very disadvantegeus situation, like when receiving heavy pressure or mixups. You also think about your defensive options, how much momentum-based is your opponent, how can they deal with your defensive options, which are your not safe options, which gimmicks or mixups you can create with RC and what they like to do while pressuring you.

In that regard, is not as asimple to say that they just preffer to use RC or CA, it depends on both characters and the situation, and because RC makes safe everything and CA is a very effective defensive option (mostly for those without a reliable DP).

Because a lot of the time, a DD is pretty much a joke;  Adding an extra 800-1k damage at the end of a combo isn't really a big deal compared to say, RCing a blocked DP so you don't take 5k, or RCing an unsafe move and instead getting a hit in that allows you to do 2.5k+

It really depends on the character's DDs too.  If you are Hazama, your DDs are useful.  If you are, say, Rachel, or Tsubaki, maybe not so much.  Situations. They vary.

I'll chime in to this one 

I will expand on quiet's explanation a bit tho~ For Hazama, the DD is not only useful but essential in several of his combo routes and more importantly Hazama acquires heat quickly allowing him to use it more liberally. 

Another option is to use a series of normals/specials that leave you at a serious disadvantage and then rapid cancel not only to make the situation safe but also to mind screw your opponent who is likely to react to what he believes for you is a bad situation and then proceed to punish his punish. The advantage here is you are going to act quickly and decisively with as little gap inbetween your actions as possible, whereas your opponent needs to see and acknowledge and then judge and THEN react. By the time he chooses to react (or better yet - not react) your already well on your way to putting him into a combo he couldnt even see is coming 

Well, in general, you should really only be tacking on an extra DD if the added damage would kill your opponent. (There are some exceptions though. Hazama/Terumi use DDs to combo. Tao does air DD to get oki etc.) If your combo isn't going to kill, it's kind of a waste to burn that heat for what amounts to ~7% of your opponent's health bar.

What if your opponent blocks your next mixup and you have to end pressure? If you saved that heat you can simply Rapid cancel to still be in your opponent's face. You can also use Rapid cancels to throw more difficult mixup at your opponent (i.e. Overhead > RC > 2B or Overhead > RC > Overhead). In this case you are using 50 heat to start a whole new combo on your opponent for ~3k damage rather than tacking on 1k from a DD.

What if you find yourself eating oki and mixups later in the round? If you saved that heat you can use it to augment your defense. You can counter assault out of someone's blockstrings without even having to deal with their pressure or mixups. Or if you have a DP, you can DP > Rapid to significantly lessen the risk attached to DPing (even if they baited and blocked it, you still get to start pressure). If you ever find yourself thinking, "Man there's a good chance I won't be able to block this guy's mixup." Then CAs and DP rapids can help you.

Assuming I pre-order it off of Play-Asia, I'll still get the bonus keychain by importing the JP version right?

Assuming I pre-order it off of Play-Asia, I'll still get the bonus keychain by importing the JP version right?

I guess so, even though it doesn't mention it there, although Amiami always mentions pre-order stuff included.

Speaking of preorders would it be possible to preorder this game on the japanese psn store? 

If and when they decide to do it for CP:E, maybe, but we'll have to wait and see if possible.

Amiami mentioned a Noel "strap", I'm not sure if that's the "keychain" or something else but either way they still have copies available if you wanna get it from there. I know they list they may not have them but they confirmed they secured my relatively recent preorder not too long ago. (I waited for the US release date announcement to decide if I will preorder or not)

Amiami mentioned a Noel "strap", I'm not sure if that's the "keychain" or something else but either way they still have copies available if you wanna get it from there. I know they list they may not have them but they confirmed they secured my relatively recent preorder not too long ago. (I waited for the US release date announcement to decide if I will preorder or not)

My guess would be a "cell phone strap" aka "cell phone charm" aka "that thing you attach to your phone."