KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

So when you finish the story mode in CPEX, you get a message that says something like "Secret Voice unlocked". Anyone know exactly what that is? I had already unlocked all the system/loketest voices before finishing story mode, and I didn't see anything new in there.

I think they're just the secret voices that are the actually the character's VA's talking about the game. I can't remember exactly, but you should be able to find them in the Voice section of the Gallery, but you still have to buy them with in-game money.

I think they're just the secret voices that are the actually the character's VA's talking about the game. I can't remember exactly, but you should be able to find them in the Voice section of the Gallery, but you still have to buy them with in-game money.

Man it's a secret voice that they are talking about. So secret, it's not even there. I gave up looking for it.

Man it's a secret voice that they are talking about. So secret, it's not even there. I gave up looking for it.

Seriously? It's not there? You have the localized version, right? Did they somehow forget to put the secret voices in? That's odd.

Seriously? It's not there? You have the localized version, right? Did they somehow forget to put the secret voices in? That's odd.

I believe they had been purposely omitted like in the original CP. The reason for that is that in the past they would leave them in but not translate them and people would bitch about it being untranslated. Now they just removed them entirely thanks to those people I guess (I can't speak from experience since both of my copies of cp and cpe are JP) so we have the other group who was satisfied with them being untranslated bitching instead. Can't please everyone.

Frame data is primarily taken from magazines/books, typically published by japanese sources. No one has published any data, so we don't have much to go on...

What's the best way to figure it out manually? Set up a blockstring with a known gap and then mash normals to see if the startup fits?

Without resources that seems to be about the only way. Some people freeze frame stuff and just tell that way. I take it the foe jumping is the key to getting that right as well, or the attacker holding barrier since it comes out first frame after recovery.

It's a tedious task...

Can anyone tell me exactly what Hakumen overdrive does in CP:EX? Is it only meter gain and the distortion drive being stronger, or does it affects his specials in any way?

I'm kinda new here. I was wondering if there is a way to add music to BlazBlue. Is it actually possible to do this? Or you have to hack and stuff???

I'm kinda new here. I was wondering if there is a way to add music to BlazBlue. Is it actually possible to do this? Or you have to hack and stuff???

Not that I know of. But if you go to gallery mode in BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Extend, you can unlock music, and stages from past BlazBlue games.

If you play BB on the vita, you can definitely mute the game soundtrack in the sound settings and play your music playlist so it blends with the game. There are other unlockables in gallery mode too! I think there's a way to change the main menu soundtrack if you search somewhere around the sound settings.

Not that I know of. But if you go to gallery mode in BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Extend, you can unlock music, and stages from past BlazBlue games.

If you play BB on the vita, you can definitely mute the game soundtrack in the sound settings and play your music playlist so it blends with the game. There are other unlockables in gallery mode too! I think there's a way to change the main menu soundtrack if you search somewhere around the sound settings.

Thanks but I don't have a PSVita :(

Another Lich related question

The corner combo he does at about a minute in, is there a reason he throws in 236A when he does 4D?  Is it just to be silly?  Because I don't know what effect it would have since Ignis inputs are independent from Relius.

Thanks but I don't have a PSVita :(

Oh.. damn... well uhh maybe you can have a playlist from your phone or computer hanging around and do it from there lol tbh I wish they let you add music too 

Well, the Xbox 360 (and I presume the One, but I don't have one) let's you play your own music instead of music from whatever game you are playing.

Another Lich related question

The corner combo he does at about a minute in, is there a reason he throws in 236A when he does 4D?  Is it just to be silly?  Because I don't know what effect it would have since Ignis inputs are independent from Relius.

Can't watch video, but maybe to bait a burst.

Perfectly explained.

while most people won't and shouldn't burst there, it's an ok risk in some situations to burst a little before/after that bait, particularly when both the doll and relius' health and resources (meter/overdrive) are low, since he will be hard pressed to start an offense after such a combo being toward the end. Granted no one should ever burst 4d itself. 

It's mostly for timing stuff or just auto-baiting bursts IIRC (But it's odd because generally one wants the 6A to hit as high as possible, or so I've been led to believe, and that particular timing tool didn't give that ideal height in that moment.) I think in 6C>4D situations canceling the 6C into led ley might reduce the recovery by a frame or two a, or just break even. And yes, there is the ever present need to style on the opponent that mid combo Ley fulfills.

Point is, there's no real disadvantage to putting Led Ley there, so why not?

I'm on holyday so I can't check my ps4 and I've just read somewhere that there is a bbcp 2.03 update... Is that already online for console version or only arcade vers? 

Did Arc say something about this updating?? Thanks

ps:I'm not playing this game for about 2 months :D so sorry if this update is already online

Edited by antonymichiru

Hello Everyone. I bought Blazblue:Chronophantasma EXTEND on Ps Vita 3 days ago.

The problem is....i feel like the controls are little bit hard to handle here. sometimes i have a really hard time making a combo (mainly with Izayoi). and some times i feel the game can't respond quickly or i need to input again whenever i put some inputs like 236236 or sometimes 632146 for distortion drives. is it a problem with me or with my ps vita system?

also i hope i am not troubling you. i need a guide for Izayoi beginners and Celica and Kokonoe if this isn't a problem.

Thank you in advance.

Is it possible to attack someone before they whoop out their DP/invincible DD on neutral wakeup? I was playing a couple matches earlier and the DP/invincible DDs didn't come out at certain times. They almost always do normally when I do the motion so I'm pretty sure it's my fault, and the connection didn't appear to be very laggy, so I'm quite confused here :S

I'm on holyday so I can't check my ps4 and I've just read somewhere that there is a bbcp 2.03 update... Is that already online for console version or only arcade vers? 

The 2.03 update was only for the arcade version, but the console version was updated to 1.03 on around 23th/24th of June. However, there is no difference in the updates. Both fixed the Hakumen Heat gain bug (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YI05bDbduw), but broke every video in replay theater (console version). It also improved network stability. (http://www.blazblue.jp/bbcpex_update.html#20150617 / Patchnotes roughly translated by Tokkan)

The problem is....i feel like the controls are little bit hard to handle here. sometimes i have a really hard time making a combo (mainly with Izayoi). and some times i feel the game can't respond quickly or i need to input again whenever i put some inputs like 236236 or sometimes 632146 for distortion drives. is it a problem with me or with my ps vita system?

also i hope i am not troubling you. i need a guide for Izayoi beginners and Celica and Kokonoe if this isn't a problem.

Thank you in advance.

I only played the PSVita version of BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma, so I don't know how much the new input buffer affects it, but a little problem of the Vitas analog stick is that the size of the "direction-recognise-dimensions" are small, especially the one from the diagonal inputs, but if you started BlazBlue only for a while you get quickly used to it. You can ask everyone here what their first problem was when they played their first Fighting Game and (nearly) everyone will say: "The inputs".

If you still search for guides, here is a good Izayoi one: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/11106-izayois-guide-for-beginners-bbcpex/#comment-929646

It is not a guide, but the post should contain the most important things for Kokonoe: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/7006-cp-kokonoe-gameplay-discussion-discuss-videoscombosquestionsetc/&do=findComment&comment=889568

Here is Google doc from AigisPlayer, which contains a good amount of information of Celica: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_au_XRHo7TfWvJU-mB3qCtzfs8J3Dv40NMlMuyy_EvM/edit?pli=1

For further information you should visit the respective character forums (Celica, Kokonoe, Izayoi). If you have questions, post them into the "CP 2.0/CPEX Gameplay Discussion" topics or PM some users. Feel free to do it, everyone is friendly and will willingly help you.

Is it possible to attack someone before they whoop out their DP/invincible DD on neutral wakeup? I was playing a couple matches earlier and the DP/invincible DDs didn't come out at certain times. They almost always do normally when I do the motion so I'm pretty sure it's my fault, and the connection didn't appear to be very laggy, so I'm quite confused here :S

The time frame when you input it, that's the crux of the matter. Unlike Guilty Gear, the game does not inform you if you performed an attack right after the recovery of the wake up, so it is possible that you pressed the button to late or to early. To get all invincibility frames, you have to press the button right on the moment when your character touches the ground. However, you can input the motion during the recovery. The time period is roughly after the characters air-roll when his/her animation does not change anymore until he/she get on his/her feet. 

This story is of course a little bit different on Forward/Backward Roles and Quick Tech (Down and any non Drive button), but I hope I could help you!

Thank you in advance.

These games are made for control with arcade sticks so the vita isn't really suited for higher level execution, I don't know how people play in those. I guess if you get used to it you'd be able to do stuff but that's after tons of practice so it'll take a while before you get to be able to do things.

Oh and play with the Dpad, not with the analogue.

Anyone else new to the game? (sorry I'm late 0.0)  Anything one should be aware of not covered in the (extensive) tutorial?  Netplay stages, any mechanics to focus on or ignore.

After deciding on a main/subs, which of the countless combos buried in tons of subforum pages to focus on?  I might try online for the first time this weekend (Sat).

Maybe I should hit the player base topic for those in my region, but they're not divided by skill level.  So maybe the GG/Matchmaking topic is best.  Or go check in at GFAQs for people (I'm a longtime user of both forums).  Thanks for any replies.