Jump to content
KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Danaiden said:

You'll definitely will find stores, especially in Tokyo, which will carry the Limited Edition. If you don't find it in the shop yourself ask someone of the staff (or show them a picture of the LE) since some will likely have it behind the counter. One more thing, you should also pay attention where you buy it since many shops have pre-order/first-print bonuses in the first week. The last time I was in Tokyo I bought one copy of XBlaze: Code Embryo (during the first week after release) and received the first print soundtrack CD as bonus.

So if you like one of the items you should try to buy it at the respective shop and even if don't like them you should try to do it since you can sell the item for a good amount of money, especially the big tapestries.

Thank you for the info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before, but is the JP version of BBCF going to have english menus on console?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Zetsy said:

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before, but is the JP version of BBCF going to have english menus on console?

It very likely won't have English menus, like prior versions of BlazBlue. They had English battle-voices in the Japanese versions, though this time it is sadly possible that these won't be available, even in the localized version of BBCF.

However someone of the community will likely make a menu guide ASAP after the release, so if you want to get it as soon as possible and you're only interested in the gameplay (and/or gallery) you can get it without worries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Danaiden said:

It very likely won't have English menus, like prior versions of BlazBlue. They had English battle-voices in the Japanese versions, though this time it is sadly possible that these won't be available, even in the localized version of BBCF.

However someone of the community will likely make a menu guide ASAP after the release, so if you want to get it as soon as possible and you're only interested in the gameplay (and/or gallery) you can get it without worries.

Huh, no English voices even in the localized version? Oh well, thank you for the reply!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Zetsy said:

Huh, no English voices even in the localized version? Oh well, thank you for the reply!

It's "just" a rumor now but based on the tweets of the main voice actors and that Revelator didn't received a dub it will likely be the case. You can read up the majority of the discussion in the ArcSys Voice Acting Thread if you want.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is XBlaze: Code Embryo worth it? I never felt it had much appeal and its reviews are somewhat mediocre to say the least
However, now that Es has been announced as a character for CF, I feel almost compelled to buy it. What do you suggest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never played the 2nd Xblaze game but Code Embryo was kinda meh to me. It was mostly fine, I enjoyed the setting and the plot seemed fine, it was just that I hated the whiny protagonist with a burning passion. The characters also seemed more bland to me compared to the Blazblue series. It was okay, but I'd only really recommend it if you are a hardcore fan of Blazblue story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hakkai_Requiem said:

Is XBlaze: Code Embryo worth it? I never felt it had much appeal and its reviews are somewhat mediocre to say the least
However, now that Es has been announced as a character for CF, I feel almost compelled to buy it. What do you suggest?

Long post  incoming:

 

Short Answer:

In all honesty, I would say Code Embryo (CE) is really not worth the monetary or time investment if you're solely a BB fan. Xblaze: Lost Memories (LM) is a better alternative than CE but even that may not meet your expectations if you're solely interested in Es in BBCF.

 

Long Answer:

The connections presented in CE are quite weaker than you may think with only a few namedrops likely to be familiar to you (Amanhokosaka clan AKA Tenjo and Homura's clan is in CE, Takamagahara's orgins MAY have been revealed, and there is some meager info on the Mage's guild and the Black Beast). Real talk though, the way Mori has incorporated Drives in Blazblue proper, Bloodedge Experince, and Xblaze exemplifies this perfectly.

 (example given Relius) In BB his drive is Ignis (at least according to official gameplay info) but in Bloodedge Experience his drive is treated as marionette arms that come from his body. In Xblaze drives are something else all together

You're right that Xblaze was somewhat poorly recieved. In all honesty, it Xblaze CE felt more like a spiritual successor prequel than a genuine prequel. As CosmicShadow99 stated, the protag is liable to make you upset if Shinji ever pissed you off in EVA since he complains a great deal about circumstances, events, and some stuff. I would say that Xblaze: Lost Memories would be more promising than Code Embryo if you get either since a great deal of CE is summarized and shown from different perspectives in LM. Another speculated reason is that Nine and Celica may or may not have a connection to ES based on events that happen in LM and is supported by the fact ES still has a mystery connection character (of the three every character gets) on the BBCF website. The gist of it is two early characters in LM are almost 100% certainly Nine and Celica (they're referred to as Watashi and Imouto respectively and look near identical, have similar character backgrounds, and they troll you when you try to name Watashi "Nine" or "Konoe" with suggestive comments). 

Thematically, I do think Xblaze does contribute to understanding outside of Es based on their similar settings and conventions. Like in Xblaze, the way paths are selected is actually a really clever use of Phenomenon Intervention and both games really explore emotions and ideas surrounding characters that fill the same role and powers of "The Girl" or Amatarasu in Blazblue. Basically, it amounts to you can genuinely empathize why Amatarasu has done what she has in BB plot more if you see why similar things happened in Xblaze and also why Amatarasu starts to feel despair if you play both CE and LM respectively. That benefit may be too far removed from your initial motivations, however.

I would say if your soul reason for considering Xblaze: CE is because of ES, you'd almost be compelled to skip it all together cause most of the game is "One of the many possibilities of the Continuum Shift" as some fans would like to put it and lots of character development gets undone cause of PLOT. They definitely show Es development in both, but Es unlockable perspective chapters in LM covers it better than how it was shown in CE. LM in contrast, is very Es focused for the main plot. The only issue you may encounter is that BBCF Es appears to be emotionally closer to the CE form rather than the LM one but PLOT in LM explains how this is possible.

Based on info in LM though, it may not even matter if you play CE or LM as there are reasons that characterization of her will not apply to the Es in BBCF, so be forewarned about that as well before you invest any time or money. GG side materials undergo a similar thing where things are "gaiden" as in you can say a character went through certain events, but some of it can or will be retconned or referenced in the future so we're left wondering how much backstory will actually apply to Es. The info we have on BBCF Es suggest that little will carry over from Xblaze other than some cameo references (Makoto's VA being in both and voicing similar characters) but little else beyond that as of right now.

Based on a VN perspective, CE and LM are both almost painfully by the numbers, with notable qualities being the VA, OST, and animated feel that makes the VS far more visually pleasing than a traditional text based VN. Basically it's like those weird battle cuts in BBCP where they tilt sprites a certain way and show them moving a certain way rather than describing it with words like they did in BBCT. I also felt there was a notable disparity in the quality of characters where some are noticably bland while others are quite agreeable so it might be more polarizing than you found Blazblue's cast...

 

In Summation:

Getting Xblaze may result in less applicable lore to BBCF than you currently are expecting because of Continuum Shift era shenanigans and .other PLOT elements There are tangential benefits to playing Xblaze that may or may enhance Blazblue, but these are hit or miss based on the person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there some regulation that prevents izanami from being selected in the versus mode in the demo? One of my friends told me that in his console he couldn't select izanami in the versus mode when his other friend could o_O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Verimeloni said:

Is there some regulation that prevents izanami from being selected in the versus mode in the demo? One of my friends told me that in his console he couldn't select izanami in the versus mode when his other friend could o_O

I believe your friend may have his demo set to Act 1, which makes it so Izanami isn't playable. Just change that in the settings to Act 2 or Act 3 and she should pop up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Verimeloni said:

Is there some regulation that prevents izanami from being selected in the versus mode in the demo? One of my friends told me that in his console he couldn't select izanami in the versus mode when his other friend could o_O

I believe your friend may have his demo set to Act 1, which makes it so Izanami isn't playable. Just change that in the settings to Act 2 or Act 3 and she should pop up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how much Blazblue media is translated for English now? I'd like to read more of the Phase shift novels, Variable heart, and the Bloodedge experience before Central Fiction drops in the west.

I've finished Remix heart and I think I finished Phase Zero already. I'd like to read up on more though, though I think the links in the Art thread are still mostly RAWs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, CosmicShadow99 said:

So how much Blazblue media is translated for English now? I'd like to read more of the Phase shift novels, Variable heart, and the Bloodedge experience before Central Fiction drops in the west.

I've finished Remix heart and I think I finished Phase Zero already. I'd like to read up on more though, though I think the links in the Art thread are still mostly RAWs.

 

As far as novels go, this is all we have:

 

https://baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=BlazBlue

 

Looks like the Bloodedge novels are going to be translated at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to use the legacy controller online? It keeps registering as second player.

 

I think I got it. Log in to second acc first. The log in to main acc and start the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't seem to find any info whatsoever regarding the day CF becomes available for preorder on the US store, as well as its price tag.

I'm guessing it'll go up on the 11th, and the PS4 version will probably cost $60, but I'd like to be make sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys I have some confusion as to how to obtain Es. I prefer ordered the game and I see her in the psn store but it doesn't show a buy option. How do I purchase her exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phones01 said:

Hey guys I have some confusion as to how to obtain Es. I prefer ordered the game and I see her in the psn store but it doesn't show a buy option. How do I purchase her exactly?

Physical or digital, if physical, she's included as a download code on a leaflet. If digital, and pre-ordered the digital version before a certain time frame, you got Es, the PS4 colors, and the demo.

If you don't have either, she should be there somewhere if you search the BBCF DLC line over the Console PS Store, but if its too hard looking for her, just go here. (Over the web store, and yes, costs 800Y or region equivalent. Or if you have gotten her, just go over your download list over the web store and check, then download. She should be cross-buy for both versions.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NeoStrayCat said:

Physical or digital, if physical, she's included as a download code on a leaflet. If digital, and pre-ordered the digital version before a certain time frame, you got Es, the PS4 colors, and the demo.

If you don't have either, she should be there somewhere if you search the BBCF DLC line over the Console PS Store, but if its too hard looking for her, just go here. (Over the web store, and yes, costs 800Y or region equivalent. Or if you have gotten her, just go over your download list over the web store and check, then download. She should be cross-buy for both.

I prefer ordered the digital copy that came with the demo. I clicked the link and it said that es and the ps4 colors were installed but for some reason when I boot up the game neither are present. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey guys I have a story mode question:

Does story mode come after arcade mode? Should someone play all arcade acts before going into story mode? And if yes, which characters have tha most vital arcade stories? thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SixWingedAngel said:

hey guys I have a story mode question:

Does story mode come after arcade mode? Should someone play all arcade acts before going into story mode? And if yes, which characters have tha most vital arcade stories? thanks

It's all mixed up, some arcade scenes are directly included in story mode. I'd say you could skip Act I and Act II, but Act III has a bunch of scenes that aren't covered in story mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, relic.nt said:

It's all mixed up, some arcade scenes are directly included in story mode. I'd say you could skip Act I and Act II, but Act III has a bunch of scenes that aren't covered in story mode.

ok thank you! I guess I'll see all acts and then go to story mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uh, I just seen this Asia version has Japanese voice with English/Chinese/ Japanese subtitle to choose.

So, I want to ask about the old rumor saying that there will be no English voice, is it still confirmed?  Because I see no point that NA region to be released after the superior version that have multiple subtitle already exist there for download...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×