KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

Is there any reason NOT to use a 360 pad?

I'm debating whether to switch to stick or get a XB360 controller converter for when I get my ps3

aaaannnnd thats what i hate about AKSYS. they help make games for all consoles, but just like the A.H. series, they make the final one exclusive. to me, this is like a giant middle finger to fans of the series. but what ever. at least now if i know if a friend has CP, i know for sure its ps3. so no concerns about if he has ps3 or 360.

It was ArcSystemWorks, not Aksys' decision to not release CP on 360.

Is there any reason NOT to use a 360 pad?

I'm debating whether to switch to stick or get a XB360 controller converter for when I get my ps3

More like is there any reason to use a 360 pad?? This game among most other fighters are specifically designed for arcade sticks, and using anything else will always be considered a disadvantage. I can't even fathom how pad players would pull off moves requiring TK motions or IADs. I mean, you're a Carl player for cryin' out loud. Tell me you're not binding half your buttons. lol

Thanks for the advice ^_^.

I have already watched some of those beginner videos before, I guess I need to finish them all :). Hmmm, Xie... was he the one with the sick platinum plays?

My execution sure is annoying me. Dashes are hard, 2147c instead of 4c, 6321476c instead of a 632146c, ughhh, 236236d is slow... Then there's knowledge execution, like I KNOW I can cancel most of his specials halfway into another, I know what a burst is, but I just forget to do that. :( Gotta train, gotta train.

In a lot of these my control of the stick/gamepad is to blame, so I was thinking of getting a hitbox since I prefer keyboard style controls. I mean yukikaze is just so fast and reliable on a keyboard for me for example. No random tiger knees either. This game would work fine with that, right?

As for my combos, well... didn't practice any so can't do any real ones. I found the awesome power that are 2c and j.2a on my own though!

Connection itself didn't seem to be a problem, no lag in fights. As for amount of people, is BB dead in Europe or something?

Thanks for the advice ^_^.

I have already watched some of those beginner videos before, I guess I need to finish them all :). Hmmm, Xie... was he the one with the sick platinum plays?

My execution sure is annoying me. Dashes are hard, 2147c instead of 4c, 6321476c instead of a 632146c, ughhh, 236236d is slow... Then there's knowledge execution, like I KNOW I can cancel most of his specials halfway into another, I know what a burst is, but I just forget to do that. :( Gotta train, gotta train.

In a lot of these my control of the stick/gamepad is to blame, so I was thinking of getting a hitbox since I prefer keyboard style controls. I mean yukikaze is just so fast and reliable on a keyboard for me for example. No random tiger knees either. This game would work fine with that, right?

As for my combos, well... didn't practice any so can't do any real ones. I found the awesome power that are 2c and j.2a on my own though!

Connection itself didn't seem to be a problem, no lag in fights. As for amount of people, is BB dead in Europe or something?

I'm not entirely sure what it's like within your country specifically, but concerning the entirety of the continent, the U.K. varies between locations, but scenes tend to be small, but at least existent. France, being partial in general to both fighting games and Anime, has the largest amount of players within Europe apparently. Italy has a small amount, as does Germany and Switzerland. According to Daedron (A resident of the country who posts here), Holland only has two players. There's probably more though, however little that amount may be. I don't really know about anyone being anywhere else.

According to Daedron (A resident of the country who posts here), Holland only has two players. There's probably more though, however little that amount may be.

There are actually 4 now that I think about it, one I don't know if he still plays (and he's Xbox only so I dunno if he will get CP). The other plays P4A only for now, then there's Hondo_Ayano and me.

Yup, that's him. Rockin' the Hatsune Miku colors. ;P

No reason that I know of that it shouldn't!

More like is there any reason to use a 360 pad?? This game among most other fighters are specifically designed for arcade sticks, and using anything else will always be considered a disadvantage. I can't even fathom how pad players would pull off moves requiring TK motions or IADs. I mean, you're a Carl player for cryin' out loud. Tell me you're not binding half your buttons. lol

I have all buttons accessable, I use default controls, besides RB being A+B+C, and I play my carl no worse than people on stick. I use the DStick on the controller btw, not the DPad.

TKing is really easy for me with the 360 controller too :v:

I guess I've just mastered the 360 pad due to me being too broke at the time I started BB (Back in CT) to get a stick and not wanting to switch when I could.

But like, if I can do everything I need to (Besides proper kara cancelling yet) is there any advantage to a stick?

But like, if I can do everything I need to (Besides proper kara cancelling yet) is there any advantage to a stick?

Yes.

Not having to put up with the "Oh crap, this tournament is being run on the PS3" BS.

Please don't get this. It's a piece of crap that drops diagonals on the analog stick whenever it feels like it. Kind of like the 360 version of Guilty Gear. :vbang:

If you're looking for a good 360 to PS3 converter, I'd recommend looking into the Cronus Device. I've owned one for about a year now and I've never had any problems with it. I haven't noticed any input lag (the FAQ on their website puts it at 1.1 milliseconds, which seems pretty damn negligible), and as far as I can tell it works perfectly for 360 controllers (I play BB and P4A on PS3 with it all the time).

That said, there *was* some drama over the Cronus Device at Final Round, due to a statement MarlinPie made on Twitter. He basically said the "small USB dongle things cause input lag for both players" after attending a tournament set on PS3 and requested a ban - to my knowledge, he never even specified what it was he was talking about. Then, less than a week before Final Round was scheduled, they issued a ban on the device. I almost didn't attend, because I play on a 360 controller. Ever since then I've been meaning to test the input lag on it, and I even recorded some videos for it recently - but the editing looks like it'll take a lot of work and I don't know if the footage was of high enough quality to really warrant frame analysis and whatnot (not to mention I wouldn't even know where to begin in analyzing that sort of thing). If you want my educated opinion, though, I don't think it causes noticeable input delay for either players, and if it did I'm confident we would have seen it banned at other recent tournaments (particularly EVO).

And on a side note, I've been running into you everywhere recently, haha. Best of luck in the CP tournament if you enter. You'd have a great chance at winning - I'm sure there'll be a ton of casuals who enter. :P

Alright, I guess I'll shell out the money for a cronus.

And I do keep running into you everywhere. visitor message me your 3DS FC. I'll do the same :v:

I have a question about the overdrive. How do you know how much overdrive you are getting when you use it? I sometimes see people use it when they have no health and have little meter and get a normal amount, and I sometimes see people who have half health and have full meter and get the same amount. Is it about how much meter you have of how much health or both.

I have a question about the overdrive. How do you know how much overdrive you are getting when you use it? I sometimes see people use it when they have no health and have little meter and get a normal amount, and I sometimes see people who have half health and have full meter and get the same amount. Is it about how much meter you have of how much health or both.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Offense_(BBCP)#Overdrive

If I import chrono phantasma can i change the text to english for the menu and story mode? And doing this will everything be in english or most things? Also what is the best place to import BB.

Edited by Givinguponlife

Unconfirmed but most likely no.

As it stand the only English option will probably be for the in-game battle voices to keep it compatible with universal netplay, Menu categories will probably be in English [from screens of the menu] but descriptions will still remain in Japanese and story dialogue will also be in Japanese. To date only Calamity Trigger shipped with full English text on the Japanese version.

If you aren't looking for any special editions you can try AmiAmi or PlayAsia

Limited edition all gone at this point?

All the LE's sold out within days of being posted on websites. You can buy the Famitsu DX Pack which is the LE plus a wallscroll.

I might get it from PlayAsia, dose anyone know how long it will take to ship to the U.S

They tell you when you pick your shipping options. I highly recommend doing FedEX. I normally get my games the street release day or day after using FedEX with PlayAsia.

All the LE's sold out within days of being posted on websites. You can buy the Famitsu DX Pack which is the LE plus a wallscroll.

Thanks for the info; I don't think I'm up for $160+shipping though. :)

They tell you when you pick your shipping options. I highly recommend doing FedEX. I normally get my games the street release day or day after using FedEX with PlayAsia.

FedEX becomes your selected option anyway. I tried to select the cheapest form of shipping but was informed that FedEX will be used due to the size of the Famitsu DX pack. You can still choose whatever shipping option you want on the regular copy of the game though :)

About pre-ordering the BBCP Standard edition from playasia, it says that there is free shipping. Does this apply to anywhere in the world? Can someone who has used shopped at playasia tell me about their experience with them?

I know their is free Shipping to the UK as they is a banner/advertisement about it. But you need to select that option when you go to purchase an item that will be sent to the UK. Only applies to certain items I'm sure.

After a quick browse I did come across this that may help you to answer your question :)

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-freeshipping-49-en.html

My personal experience with Play-Asia has always been good. Never had any problems with them and I'm happy with their customer service.

I highly recommend doing FedEX. I normally get my games the street release day or day after using FedEX with PlayAsia.

Quick question - have you ever been hit with a customs fee for importing using FedEx? And if you have, how much was it? I got together with a group of friends, and we'll be ordering six copies of CP on the same order using FedEx as shipping, so I just want to prepare myself for any possibility - especially on an order as big as that.