Sign in to follow this  
Star-Demon

[GGAC+R] & [GGAC] Baiken - General Discussion

Unfortunately I don't know anything about tier lists. Baiken is a good character, I feel like her worst matchups are a lot more manageable now.

We started a convo in the matchup thread, but no one else added to it. If anyone has some experience to share, please add some info to the Justice matchup thread !

Yea I fought another one last night...got beat up lmao. I figd I asked in here since didn't get a response in the other thread

What exactly are you having trouble with?  I imagine Baiken could approach fairly easily from the ground or by run-jumping, if you guess correctly you'll avoid whichever projectile she threw out first.  From there you have many options in the air or running up to them on the ground, like looking for a guard cancel or j.S or double jump j.H/airdash back tatami if you're in the air.  j.S hitbox hits her from pretty much everywhere IIRC, and you can connect a j.D from correct positioning as well.  It's pretty much a projectile dodging game and when you land hits it does boat loads of damage so you try not to waste your meter too much on FD.

Yeaa.....it's a little harder then that hell monkey..well least when I'm play her. I would agree w u..but counters don't work as well against her projectiles..her pokes hit far andshe hurts as well

Anyone know the Millia matchup very well?  I played against Krazy Korean (Phil) for a while as well as another Milia player and I'm getting stomped by her pretty hard.  

I've boiled the reason for my loss down to Milia running the pace while I try to get a bit of breathing room.  The little success I had resulted from me being midscreen and Milia not having her hairpin.  I was originally under the impression that Baku, Ouran, and Mawarikomi would help tremendously in dealing with Milia's oki, but she appears to have plenty of options to deal with Baiken, such as roll/throw or roll/jab before discs hit.  On top of all of Milia's problems, Baiken's lack of midscreen damage really hurts the matchup when compared to AC when I could just catch her with an air normal into j.D for corner carry and hard knockdown.

I'm not the best of Baiken players, but I feel that I should be able to perform better in this matchup considering the fact that I do well against players that do well against Millia.

Anyone have any tips for this matchup?  Particularly, I'd like to know how to avoid Millia's oki a little better, what normals to antiair her with (6p is sketchy at best), and what I should be doing in neutral.

I wish I could help you with this one, I have very little Millia experience, myself.

For anti-air, learn to rely on block -> Zakuro more, it will even beat safe jumps when performed perfectly. It's nothing like Yoshikin used to be in AC.

At neutral, airdash back tatami isn't safe from hair car most of the time. This was pretty painful for me personally when I fought Millia the few times that I did.

Looking forward to some more knowledgeable player posts !

You can space her pretty decently w5 slash. And 2 s. Tatami is a good tool as always..it will beat car however it is based on the distances millia is using it from.

I'm not sure I'll have to double check but corner you can do 5s 5hs tatami frc jump (right away) air Hs tatami 5s jsjd frc ad Hs tatami..blah blah lol. I'll double check tonite or tomorrow but pretty sure that works against her

Sign in to follow this