Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spirit Juice

Sol vs Bridget

Matchup Statistics:

Openers:

Okizeme:

Punishes:

Counters:

Anti airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

Char specific details:

-- Member Submitted Info Section (if valid).

How should I deal with that damn f.S? VV beats it, but not from max range, and if I guess wrong...:vbang: I suppose I could use Grand Viper, but Buri may recover before that hits, and again, if I guess wrong... On another note, how should Buri play against Sol, and what moves should he be abusing?

i'll abuse f.s & Yoyo =/ ... well Sol can force him to jump with GF pressure and guessing which way will he runs ... and btw Sol smash him like a truck eversince he's a floaters :vbang:

Well I have quite a bit of experience with Jais, who is the best Buri in the US afaik. Once he learned to space Sol out really well this match up got really frustrating. Here's what I have to say:

Matchup Statistics: I know it's in Buri's favor, I think 5.5/4.5 but not 100%.

Openers:

Yours - His (taken mostly from Jais's write up in buri matchups)

2D - loses to 2D

f.S - loses to lots of things

5HS - same as above

GV - can catch by surprise if you notice they don't jump at beginning. The risk reward isn't too bad because his abare sucks and overall damage is low.

j.HS - j.p beats you

j.p, backdash, block are decent options I suppose

Okizeme:

You may have a hard time due to delayed get up and starship, even though starship isn't very good it will put you back to neutral on trade which isn't good for you. You pretty much need a meaty gunflame to get any good pressure started.

Punishes:

A smart zoning Bridget won't give you many opportunities for punishes so you need to really capitalize on any hits / mistakes. If you see they whore starship a lot just wait and get a 2D ch to huge damage. Bridget is a good character to just j.SW over and over for big dmg.

CH 2D , GF FRC, J. SW, j. SW, j.SW, j.SW is like 70-80% damage.

Counters:

Umm... VV / 2D stupid shit?

Anti-Airing:

Bridget probably won't be coming at you from the air without teddy lockdown high/lows and whatnot. But if he decides to anyway well.. I think we know how that goes for Sol.

Zoning:

Obviously you're not gonna outzone Bridget as Sol.

Their Game Plan:

Zone zone zone zone zone.... :psyduck:

Strategy:

Be patient and make the most out of every damage opportunity. Try to get them afraid and hopefully get them to make mistakes. Lots of dash breaking and air FD'ing required. Like Robot said a while back, try to keep the health lead or things will get really frustrating really fast.

Character Specifics:

Buri obviously a lightweight "floater" so plan combos accordingly. Takes a good amount of damage so as I stated several times before make the most of what you get.

I'll try to add lots more as I think of it I guess.