Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spirit Juice

Sol vs Dizzy

Matchup Statistics:

Openers:

Okizeme:

Punishes:

Counters:

Anti airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

Char specific details:

-- Member Submitted Info Section (if valid).

GV her fish... don't do it to often thought her 2hs ch was cute :) opening the match: i suggest wait and see, and chase her when she do her moves, Sol 5s pawn all her option don't list 1. vv whenever the fish is out 2. tick throw her 3. iad anything(vv once in a while is good thought :v:)

just make sure when u do it, Dizzy wasn't around. if she is -> BLOCK!!! and expect she'll do her tick throw games... vv/gv is an easy answer on that tick throw games

I'm not sure if this will work everytime but I've started to GV on reaction when she uses arctic impaler and whiffed f.S. Of course, it has to be really early. f.S might be easier to react to, haven't actually tested it out in training but I've been getting some free 200 dmg GVs when I react well. Of course maybe about 1/3rd of the time I'm slow, she blocks, and if I don't have tension she does whatever she wants to me.

Anyone else successful with this?

the spinning axe can also be FRC-ed Btw, if i didn't mistaken on frame 28... well whatever the same theory like SE, if Dizzy stupid enough to use it without fish protection... kill her =D

at certain distances if u hit her while she is summoning fish, fish will disappear. space it so that you can try to get the counterhit. its really a patience game (as it is with any char that can outspace sol) since she can space where u cant, but if you get the inside game, you can kill her. just need those one or 2 combos and make it count.

If you're mid/close and she summons a fish that's free damage for you. She is in a CH state for like 52-56 frames on summoning a fish so no need to wild throw.

5hs on reaction is wiser option imo, not only you'll cancel the fish summon but Sol will hit her harder with it -> 5hs(ch),iad j.s,j.d,sw(cl),fafnir(cl)... and knowing her pattern when she will summon a fish : 1. after she get knock down on Sol 2. on max screen distance :v: the thing she anticipated on Sol,wake up: 1. reversal GV ... as it will whiff the fish and Dizzy seriouslly hurt him if she can land counter on it and about his corner pressure: this is a real big pain in the ass to deal with there's almost no way Sol can get out of her pressure safely without 50% tension/Burst. every of his option is very risky, if u can read a tick throw 2p it but hit her once and block or the fish will will hit you or u'll hit the fish and Dizzy chop Sol's head with Necro Ax, the wisest option imo is FD jump and block everything coming afterward and read for tick throw to come. about pressuring him : if u go against good Dizzy, knowing their nature is the best weapon Sol has... that's "Don't Rush thing" ... Dizzy player is very patient they will block everything (since her best reversal is only Block,IB,SB,FD,back dash,DAA & FD jump :v:). Most of the time u'll end up with WT to stuff her, but know your spacing or she might counter throw you the best tactic i would suggest is "stay in close or mid range" that's where she is less harmful on neutral and some Dizzy tend to do stuff like 5hs(the easy one) or high jump and runaway(the hard one)... just be patience like Nives said and take advantage of any hit that u can land on her to your best and don't rush stuff when you almost kill her, one of her best friend is CH and she can kill Sol(without patience) in less than 15 second from full health with it. good thing to know: Sol aerial VV can stuff her aa 2s if being done low enough

What should I do if I block and ice spike? I know I can't directly punish. Should I just dash in and 5K to start pressure? Attempt a Wild Throw? On a similar note, how should I bait an ice spike? Run and FD brake? I'm being caught by way too many... Then I get OTGed by a second ice spike... Should I just tech and air dash in in this case?

What should I do if I block and ice spike? I know I can't directly punish. Should I just dash in and 5K to start pressure? Attempt a Wild Throw?

your choice, Dizzy ice spike is negative on block iirc u can get easy GV punish if she didn't frc it, but if she did :v:... things would be very complicated depending on how far away you from Dizzy when u block it

On a similar note, how should I bait an ice spike? Run and FD brake? I'm being caught by way too many...

run fd break and don't air dash/Riot Stomp/BB/BR recklessly

Then I get OTGed by a second ice spike... Should I just tech and air dash in in this case?

Dizzy should never do any otg ice spike if it didn't for the kill, since it put her on bad situation if her opponent tech out of it, without frc tech out and air dash for easy punish