Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spirit Juice

Sol vs Sol

Matchup Statistics:

Openers:

Okizeme:

Punishes:

Counters:

Anti airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

Char specific details:

-- Member Submitted Info Section (if valid).

MOAR LIEK Sol vs FREE Openers for this should either be backdash or GV since his 5s(f) is pretty quick Okizeme should have a lot of DP baiting their game-plan should to build your guard-bar and get you with WT yours should be to build their guard-bar and WT them to HELL lots of tick throws lots of GF FRC's lots of SW loops

Not sure if this could be called useful since i'm still new to sol compared to alot of people here. Baiting VV's seems to work. CL Fafnir's are possible I believe before landing. WT can be a pain in the ass if you're going the direct approach making obvious to the other player since he/she is going to want to do it aswell, so landing j.H > WT Or GV RC if it's blocked. Rather try to contribute something than be a smartass about it. :\

If the opponent blocks a GV, sees that 50%+ tension, and is a decent player you probably will want to just back off to be safe. GV RC > WT really only works on people who don't watch tension or haven't seen that setup before.

If the opponent blocks a GV, sees that 50%+ tension, and is a decent player you probably will want to just back off to be safe. GV RC > WT really only works on people who don't watch tension or haven't seen that setup before.

when u RC it, if ur opponent is paying attention, you can command throw them, or run in 5K if u think they are going to try and jump away. u pretty much get to throw on a mixup having the offensive advantage and eliminating a # of options.

u can land command throw a ton of different ways, its just a matter of how your opponent reacts to different strings.

though with sol specific stuff. i dunno what else you can really say since i mean, this might just be a guess here .... your sol might just have the same move set as your opponent's sol.

DP safe jump-ins are really good, and if u do bait a DP, 5S -> 5H -> grand viper works really well into 200+ damage combos.

Use lots of S in this match for zoning and poking. 2S, f.S are pretty good. Lot's of j.p and j.hs. If you see a bandit revolver or bandit bringer you can j.p that shit for free. Like Nive's said, learn your shoryu baits.

I always get counter thrown or poked on the way in. I've sat down and told the people I play often to watch my tension and now if they see it able to be RC'd they wait for RC and counter poke / throw immediately. I guess it also depends on when you RC it. I haven't actually tested to see if opponent can beat Sol every time with a good guess 2P or throw (especially people with above average throw ranges, I play a dizzy a lot) but that's why I typically back out now if I've used the setup before on someone.

K, so don't be so predictable. :P VV RC doesn't have to be for a wild throw. I don't really use it in regular pressure, only as a safe wake-up option. It's 1000x better use of tension than wake-up Tyrant Rave.

Yeah. :P This doesn't mean I don't use it. I do back off half the time, though. Especially against like Jam where simple ground gatling can be 150+ dmg. She can 6P Sol's 5K and get that big gatling off, she can also 2S into 6P for more A tier flexibility (too many ways to get into that damn gatling! It also jacks guard bar to hell so even if you block it...). Just too damn dangerous if you know they see your RC coming up. By all means GV RC, it's only bad if you get punished but 2D BR RC is a bit safer if you don't auto BR on blocked 2Ds (Not safer but it's tensionless until you spend it*).

Edit: Oh you said VV RC? We were talking about GV RC earlier so I guess I overlooked that. I like VV RC, it's not completely safe either but I do use it a lot.

Also I think we're getting a bit off topic. :P Sorry about that, we should be discussing more Sol vs. Sol related stuff, no?

Wait for him to land, and then do S©-H -> Grand Viper.

my problem is that i always get hit by the 214K when i'm close to him

TK BR FRC x 4 while he recovers

why 4 ?

Just off the top of my head, crouch block might whiff. I'm not sure about that though, in fact I'm doubting that right now as I'm typing this, since you're talking about SVV, so if no one has tried it I'll try it again real quick when I wake up.

Also c.S > 5HS > GV can be done at a decent range. I believe you can step back far enough to whiff the tataki otoshi (214K followup) and be close enough to combo c.S > 5HS into GV.

And Hellmonkey was clearly just kidding, haha. :kitty: Hell, I don't think even Kusoru has done full tension TK BR FRCs in a match (although, I wouldn't doubt it so much...).

5HS on normal block can be punished for a free CH Fafnir... And Sol's best jump in is nullified by Sol himself...VV. WTF.

What are you saying? 5H can't be punished, especially if you cancel it into GF fake (dunno about 5H without canceling, but you're still safe probably). Plus, you can always jump and be safe if they block it. And j.H tends to clash with VV in certain situations. But it's still better not jumping on him and hoping it'll clash. :P

5HS on normal block can be punished for a free CH Fafnir...

I just tried this in training mode and the blockstun is way too heavy for that to happen. Unless I'm doing it wrong, you would have to IB it (haven't tried that yet). Besides, 5HS on block should always be cancelled into something. Just sitting on a 5HS gets you nothing.

Edit: Sorry, Champion posted while I was typing, haha. We have similar answers though.

And Sol's best jump in is nullified by Sol himself...VV. WTF.

Yeah, but the only time this is guaranteed is during an IAD. Mindlessly VVing, and to be fair this is something I'm guilty of sometimes, will get you killed.

I was joking about the jump in thing. Ignore that. You guys are sure about the 5HS info? I remember landing CH Fafnir against CPU Sol after blocking 5HS. Maybe he was trying to cancel into something... I hating fighting Sol though. He's damn annoying.

Positive. He was definitely trying to cancel into like gunflame or 2D or something that keeps him close enough/on the ground if that happened (Although, fefnir might whiff if he was trying to 2D).

You guys are sure about the 5HS info? I remember landing CH Fafnir against CPU Sol after blocking 5HS. Maybe he was trying to cancel into something...

people dont really play like the CPU.