Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] News & Gameplay Discussion

Not questioning you or anything but is there a clear release date for the EU version?

Officially it's still just TBA 2012. A few websites have marked it as end of August.

It's not that big of a deal, to be perfectly honest.

The main reason to import the game -- getting it early -- is kind of moot, because we get it only two weeks after JP. That's damn good. And reverse importation is a pretty big deal for smaller industries, and leads to some controversial but understandable decisions (lol fate/zero boxset). This is one of those controversial but understandable decisions.

We wanted a near-simultaneous content-identical release, and we got it, but we're paying the price for it by getting a region-locked game. That's all there is to it.

I think what it boils down to is that some of us think that region locking is too high a cost to pay for said identical content and the near-simultaneous release.

tumblr_levrjbHOm81qfaf9co1_400.jpg?t=1338297660

just because it doesnt affect you in this particular case, you cant dismiss the problem

let me give you a real example, since it seems that you are unable to gasp the problem here

in my country a good part of the ps3 that were sold at the begining are asian region ps3's, dont ask me why the retailers went this route, so a good part of the fighting game community in my country have asian ps3. all the retailers sell usa copies of the games.

now many on the fgc of my country wouldnt be able to play p4u, and they are not going to import a copy from japan because after taxes and shipping the game would cost over $150, no matter how interested they were, this affects the tournament scene that could have developed here.

you can also ask dev, jamp or tataki about how this affects their communities

so no, its not that we are ungrateful bastards that have their heads on our asses, we are costumers that are affected because a practice that hurt the possibility of us having access to the game, hence why i used worldwide on my statement (shoking i know, but usa is not the world), perhaps, you shoud take your head from your ass, and see the biggest picture here, before star calling other bastards, etc

also add all the pal regions that are outside eu who besides dont having a release date yet, with this region locking they are forced to import the game from europe instead of buying them the regular way that would

Aht25.gif

this not only hurts the global sells (but hey they dont matter, they dont affect me, lololol), but also some sells on the "unaffected" markets, because the backlash would simply put on a negative light atlus and the game, i really wanted to this game to have a good success, but this its going to hurt the game sells, plain and simple

i seriously wonder what kind of problems do you have in your life that you have to take your anger with strangers on the internet (and call me nostradamus, because i knew that you would be the 1st one to jump at my throat because my post)

peace

Honestly not even sure why I exploded like I did, I'm not even buying the game ( ´・◡・`)

which makes your rant even more funny (to say the least)

*walks in and sees region lock war still going*

Tell me when we can talk about the game again, please and thank you.

I BID YOU GOOD DAY!

*leaves*

Some tentatively good news for PAL gamers:

"It's always our intention to keep the delay between US/JP and EU to a minimum and we appreciate people's patience," a representative from Zen United, the European publisher of Persona 4: Arena explained to Siliconera. "We don't have an official release date to confirm at this time, but we hope to be able to do so soon."

Zen United hasn't set a release date, but Persona 4: Arena is slated for 2012. The European release will have an option to switch between Japanese and English too. They've been discussing the idea of an EU region limited edition on Facebook, as well.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/07/zen-united-our-intention-is-to-keep-the-persona-4-arena-delay-to-a-minimum/

yeah, it's my fault. i sincerely apologize for my mistake. unfortunately i don't think there's a way to get this data back... and we don't have a recent backup to go to.

gonna look into having the site do nightly backups of the forums and wiki.

Oh goddayumn. Well, at least I got the copy of my Kanji infodump on Mayonnaise Midnight.

yeah, it's my fault. i sincerely apologize for my mistake. unfortunately i don't think there's a way to get this data back... and we don't have a recent backup to go to.

Or just tell people to back their shit up in notepad or something. >_> It cool to repost stuff if we have it available?

Blargh <3 Also I've been wondering this for a while but what's the difference between P4A and P4U because they appear in the same conversations but some people just use different abbreviations or what? :|

The game was originally called Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena.

I take it there's no option set up that moves all deleted threads to an invisible forum? :/ I use that in IPB for my SF website, so even if I were to somehow accidentally delete a forum and all subforums, everything gets moved there.

Edit: Woops, sorry about the doublepost. Forgot I had just replied to something in this thread.

There isn't a difference between the two. Some people prefer to call it Persona 4 Arena whilst others like to call it Persona 4 Ultimate, but we are all talking about the same thing.

what's the difference between P4A and P4U

P4A is the anime and P4U is the fighter...

Then Atlus USA thought it would deliciously diabolical to F with everyone outside of Japan, because (see: Signature).

But yeah as others pointed out same game, I'm just used to calling it P4U and it helps me separate it from the anime :v:

It's actually because 4A is the same thing as 5A most of the time, and 5AAAAAAAAAAAAAA gets you an auto-combo. Atlus USA thought they were being clever. :v:

Damn, I just read the gameplay primer and this game looks to be a bit complex with all the status effects and unique system elements as well as some borrowed elements from other games such as quick escape, EX attacks, and hops. I'm kinda mad about all those moves that require simultaneous button presses. I don't have enough shoulder buttons to set all those macros dammit lol.