Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] News & Gameplay Discussion

not sure where to post this so i m just gonna do it here

Theres going to be the SBO P4U pre-match this Saturday Midnight (23:00PM UTC+9, 9:00AM PST), and they are going to broadcast on Nicovideo.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv101701151?ref=tim&zroute=index

This is an official program from SBO staffs and it will feature 8 players including myself representing each character. Pre-match is going to be a double elimination tournament and players attending are:

Yume (Aigis)

Tomo (Shadow Labrys)

Kasumi Love (Yu)

Spinking (Chie)

DIE-chan (Mitsuru)

Souji (Kuma)

Hayashi (Yousuke)

Ho-chan (Yukiko)

This is a paid program but for those of you are interested to see Japanese top level play, it is definitely worth it to pay that $4.

I will do my best to not lose in the first round, GG :p

Good luck stunedge~

Also, this game's menus are fucking gdlk. You can even access sound settings from in game. Best to troll people by turning everything off except navis~

Good luck and have fun, Stunedge.

superscience: Which version were you playing? The Japanese PS3 version or the Japanese 360 version?

360 version. I'd bet they have that for the PS3 version as well. No real reason to take it out unless Sony has some sort of issue with that which would be pretty damn weird o.o

If the netcode is anything like BBEX for ps3, I can deal with that.

All BlazBlue games will repeat your input for 5 frames when you hold a button down. Although it probably wasn't implemented to do this, it has an effect on masking lag.

"But I don't hold the button down" -- sure you do, even without thinking about it, most inputs will be anywhere from 2f-4f. It's actually harder than you'd think to press a button for 1 frame.

Also, this game's menus are fucking gdlk. You can even access sound settings from in game. Best to troll people by turning everything off except navis~

Fuck you.

Implying we're all not boss enough to breeze through score attack without losing a beat.

Except this game's score attack is basically Unlimited Mars.

Still wondering how to get colors 15 and 16 (Gold and Shadow).

Also, color "25" is Shadow Eyes.

15 and 16 come with the buyable dlc colors.

I have a feeling this game is going to have ridiculous DLC prices like BB...Hope we don't get DLC chars that cost 8 bucks on the first 3 months of release.

I have a feeling this game is going to have ridiculous DLC prices like BB...Hope we don't get DLC chars that cost 8 bucks on the first 3 months of release.

Can't tell if trollin'...

Also content altering DLC isn't a bad thing, especially in fighters, it's existence alone can extend/renew interest in a title, paid or not.

If they announced P2

Ulala

characters for DLC I would buy this game in a heartbeat for that prospect alone, but I'll just have to keep dreaming...

Can't tell if trollin'...

Also content altering DLC isn't a bad thing, especially in fighters, it's existence alone can extend/renew interest in a title, paid or not.

If they announced P2

Ulala

characters for DLC I would buy this game in a heartbeat for that prospect alone, but I'll just have to keep dreaming...

Game changing paid DLC is a very, very bad thing for fighting games. Unless it's a full update that includes tweaks to the game and extra characters, it does nothing but hurt the community and cost people who want to be competitive extra money to do so. If they want to add extra characters they need to either come in a patch for free, or they need to be added in at a later time with an update to the game as a whole.

Doing anything different hurts the community and splits it between people who buy the DLC and those who don't, and it's a total pain for tournament organizers to make sure every console has all of the DLC content unlocked. Then they have to choose between whether or not they need that character to be banned. It's a horrible system.

Cosmetic DLC is a different story, in which that's completely acceptable and very welcomed. But DLC that changes the entire meta game is horrible.

People buy sticks, plane tickets, and hotel rooms to be competitive. What's one DLC on top of it?

Was there big issues with the DLC content being available at tournaments? The local tournaments I went to never had those problems and I never heard about majors with those issues either.

I don't believe DLC is a perfect in it's delivery but I don't believe it is a complete hindrance.

But I'm not going to get into this because that's not what this thread is for and we're talking about a superficial situation that might not even apply to this game.

I'm still unsure who I would play if I end up messing around with this game for a month; Mitsuru doesn't seem quite as fun as the only charge characters I actually enjoy playing (Leona - KOFXIII, Shuma Gorath - UMvC3), I can't stand Shadow Labrys' voice seems a little too straight forward & telegraphed and her easily broken persona which she relies on makes me sad, I don't have the patience to zone with Yukiko, and Yosuke seems kinda gimmicky.

:<

Yosuke is not gimmicky. He's Yu's number one waifu bro.

But no, seriously? Yosuke is gimmicky? How? He's a speed character? :|