Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] News & Gameplay Discussion

I hope you're right about those DPs being throw invulnerable cuz it would suck otherwise.

lol, one button/easy mode DP are hilarious. Here people are being super cautious trying to bait my Bat with Plat and I somehow always manage to tag them the moment they man up and decide to push a button lol.

I can already see how many salty messages people will get... "Y U MASHIN' DP LIKE A SCRUB!?" lololol

Feel free to clarify, P4U owners.

Bastards...

I'm like 95% certain that neither one of them can be thrown. Pretty sure Chie's just activates as normal if you try to throw it.

No, Chie's can definitely be thrown. Yukiko's I'm unsure, I'll test tonight.

EDIT: It's possible I'm getting thrown out of the cool down. I'll also test this tonight but I'm sure I was counter thrown out of mine a few times yesterday.

After watching the video it's possible that Chie can counter command throws. I'm fairly certain it loses to regular throws as dumb as that sounds. I'm a bit busy now but I will confirm this later if nobody does before I do.

I thought Kanji's wasn't air blockable.

I never seen anyone block it in the air.

Yu's might be AUB, not a hundred percent sure on that though. I believe I saw it in one of the videos but I could be just imagining things.

youll get mash dp out of your system after 50-100 games or so

Just summon the inner SF fundamentals to deal with the mashed DPs. Man, I remember dealing with that a shit ton in SF3 and SF4; gonna be fun baiting them.

Early Sf4 Sf3 SC5 play you deal with ppl mashing dps or supers/critical edges/guard impacts. Even Dead or Alive they mash counter hard.

Tekken and Virtua fighter they mash buttons or launch setup combos.

Its nothing new on P4U except its dp cancel into super which isnt safe unless you got 150 sp for the one more cancel.

Just punish and win.

Yu's might be AUB, not a hundred percent sure on that though. I believe I saw it in one of the videos but I could be just imagining things.

Only the first hit and ground version is AUB.

that's not true. his B+D seems to have guard point from frame 1, so it's impossible to safe jump or safely meaty it.

Simple character guides by Brokentier detailing their pros, cons & goals.

A definite must read for those that want to know what advantages or disadvantages the character they are going to main or sub have, as well as their goals on how to win a match or round with that character.

No respect.

Jiyuna spoke the truth. American P4U is gonna die fast.

If I see another bullshit comment like this, I am going to blow up the world.

Only the first hit and ground version is AUB.

Damn, so we can only bait that thing with back dashes and rolls (and counters) huh?

DP arena

most chars dont seem to be rewarded for their dp's from what i've seen without extra resources, so the risk/reward compensates for the ease of use for right now.....

As far as I know, Aigis can be rewarded for her DP if it switches her into Orgia mode. Everyone else would have to do counter hit DP into super cancel.

It's not AUB. Most characters 2B are their AUB, with some exceptions being specials and supers probably. DPs aren't AUB.

Basically yes, since good Yu's preffer 2B over AoA for AA.

Is Yu's AoA used for AA? I've only seen 2B.

hitboxes for akihiko, shadow labrys, and aigis are up on the wiki. please let me know if there are any problems.

hopefully, we'll have the others up soon-ish (still plenty of work left to be done).

Basically yes, since good Yu's preffer 2B over AoA for AA.

AoA? I thought we were talking about B+D (DPs)?

@AchedSphinx - I hope you're right, having to be forced into not jump canceling during pressure in fear of getting AUB DP'd would suck major balls. The awesome thing about jump canceling in these types of games is that it serves as both a DP bait and to reset pressure.