Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] News & Gameplay Discussion

Because they as one of the more popular reasons for it's dislike was that it was you know? Not GG.

Not every fighting game can be guilty gear...

Let GG fanboys be GG fanboys. They'll get over the fact their game is long dead eventually.

To be fair, us BB fans did the same long ago

can we please stay on topic? i don't want to start infracting people...

Tested out how color lock is between players for P4U. Character color and persona color are locked to whoever picked them first, but the same glasses color can be picked by both players.

Just went through all of Liz's. They all look correct.

Thanks a million for posting all of these. That had to be mind-numbing.

Just went through all of Liz's. They all look correct.

Thanks a million for posting all of these. That had to be mind-numbing.

the number of problems I ran into listing her specials.... @.@

It's called a SMP Loop. ASW has yet to address if they are going to patch her ability to do it. She isn't the only character with one.

I was actually kind of surprised by Thanatos' hitboxes, part of me was expecting them to be as gratuitous as everything mitsuru has.

the number of problems I ran into listing her specials.... @.@

I can tell from the insane cluster of what you should and shouldn't list (because all of the Garu hitboxes are the same, but not Zio's). :gonk:

I was actually kind of surprised by Thanatos' hitboxes, part of me was expecting them to be as gratuitous as everything mitsuru has.

I don't know, 2B and the first hit of 5C are pretty ridiculous. No one is doing it full Mitsuru Style though.

Two questions, one purely out of curiousity, the other to save some grief:

Elizabeth's R-Action inflicts various status effects, depending on her 'current SP'. Does it depend on her SP at the moment she initiates the R-Action, or does it depend on her SP as soon as the opponent is thrown away? Since she's constantly gaining SP, that description feels a little vague.

In other words, if she started her R-Action at, say, 46 SP, she'd have 50+ by the time the animation finishes. Which status would she inflict? Charm, or Poison?

The other question has to do with Naoto's Instant Kill. From what I remember people discussing a few months back, during the first few weeks people were getting blown up left and right by the crosshairs, but then people figured the move out and so no one ever uses it anymore. What were people doing to avoid it, so I can be prepared when someone inevitably tries it on me?

I can tell from the insane cluster of what you should and shouldn't list (because all of the Garu hitboxes are the same, but not Zio's). :gonk:

Yea her garu uses the start of zio, then goes into frame 20 aka her jump animation and holds at the peak of her jump animation throughout garu's animation. While the persona is just using frames 404 ._.

Two questions, one purely out of curiousity, the other to save some grief:

Elizabeth's R-Action inflicts various status effects, depending on her 'current SP'. Does it depend on her SP at the moment she initiates the R-Action, or does it depend on her SP as soon as the opponent is thrown away? Since she's constantly gaining SP, that description feels a little vague.

In other words, if she started her R-Action at, say, 46 SP, she'd have 50+ by the time the animation finishes. Which status would she inflict? Charm, or Poison?

From my tests it seems that you need the SP amount by the time she puts them into her book (before drawing the card). Any part after that animation is too late.

From my tests it seems that you need the SP amount by the time she puts them into her book (before drawing the card). Any part after that animation is too late.

That makes sense. Thanks for that!

It's exactly what Skye said. More fundamentally sound than BB, in a sense that it's more grounded in fighter fundamentals. It's well balanced (aside from Naoto infinite) as well. It's also very easy to get into, yet, it still retains mad depth.

I'm not even hyped about the fact that it's Persona; more like hyped about the fact that the engine is amazing and has a deeper focus in fighter fundamentals. It has more focus on cross-ups, cross-unders, pokes, throws, oki game, anti-airs, DPs, overheads, and footsies than Arcsys's previous fighters. Yes, I love fundamentals that much thanks to SF3/SF4 LOL.

Aside from my fundamentals praise, the game has the flair of Arcsys fighters in that it's unique as hell and flashy. I've never played a Persona game, yet, this is the fighter I've been waiting a long time for.

There's a ton of footage to show, but, it's useless if you don't have your eyes on a character you're interested in watching. Check the challenge combos of each character in the game http://www.dustloop.com/forums/content.php?407-P4U-Challenge-Mode-Combo-Videos then we can find you some cool footage of them in action.

Thanks for the reply. Good stuff to think about.

I like heavy-hitter power characters like Hakumen/Slayer or at least strong offence like Valkenhayn/Order Sol. Generally, characters that are both strong in the offence and defence category without sacrificing mobility too much (i.e. no slow grapplers) are the kind I go for.

I'll still check out the challenge combos, though. Should be a good place to start.