Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] News & Gameplay Discussion

Good stuff, guys. I'm going to have to steal some of it. Don't mind if I do~ :kitty:

------

Also, yo, lots of anti-scrub stuff in this game:

- Akihiko Persona overhead move does 1-2k. ._.;

- Elizabeth = Magneto with command grab & armor or something, lol.

- Naoto has easy instant kill if that counter goes to 0?

I don't think I've played other chars online yet. There's only my Labrys that's pure and legit with no gimmicks. ;_;

I can show you Labrys gimmicks if you want

Do show! Not tonight, though -- maybe tomorrow or something? Just hit me up if you're on while I am.

-------

Also, I think I like this setup atm:

ABCD - default

R1 - Throw

R2 - Furious atk

L1 - Rapid

L2 - Burst

I miss out on that evasive atk thingy, but at my level there's really no use for it yet. The rest can be accessed by pushing on several buttons at once. Simple enough and similar to my BB layout.

You could always set Burst to R3 since you'll only be using it twice per match at most.

I miss out on that evasive atk thingy, but at my level there's really no use for it yet. The rest can be accessed by pushing on several buttons at once. Simple enough and similar to my BB layout.

Evasive action is kind of nice to have. You should try to force yourself to throw by using the face buttons (it's easy with the default settings) and put evasive action on a shoulder button.

Eh, pressing two buttons like that is kind of iffy. I used to do it way back when I was still playing SFIV, but I never did get used to it. Trying to tech react in the heat of the moment isn't too reliable.

I think I like Moy's idea of putting Burst on R3 and maybe switching it with Evasive. Sounds sensible.

I forgot it existed until just read about it in another thread, but is there good uses for air turn? I've never seen a fighting game with this, so I don't see how it would be useful.

Is hopping used often? What are some situations where it would be useful?

Air turn allows you to:

• point your attacks in the right direction after a cross-up
  • use a more favorable air dash option
  • look silly by mashing it during a neutral jump

It does not affect blocking in any way.

As for hops, you can use it to get over lows and throws, as well as move around a bit while paralyzed, but it doesn't have much use otherwise.

Also Air Turn dashing does not activate Negative Penalty.

Negative Penalty is based on camera movement - just because you're technically dashing forward doesn't mean you're not being a pansy. :kitty:

lol, I just found out that if you get caught pushing directional buttons (like up+back or back dash) as you get hit, it will count as a CH.

This doesn't sound right. What attack was it?

I derped, forgot to take the "always on CH" option off while sparring with the dummy

Thanks for the button tips guys. With the default, I keep forgetting which button is which so this should be easier for me, lol.

And Moy, you'll be happy to know I am out of excuses and ready to get smacked around. :yaaay:

And Moy, you'll be happy to know I am out of excuses and ready to get smacked around. :yaaay:

Not that you'll have to quit on me or anything since I'm super free at this game still lol.

Not that you'll have to quit on me or anything since I'm super free at this game still lol.

I'm freer than you, trust me.

Wow, what a dipshit. It's hard to believe he has any influence in the community at all.

I know. It's simply pathetic that the owner of the largest fighting game website in the west is this idiotic.

It's funny because I've always known Mr. Wizard to be one of the more civil and sophisticated people of the FGC for a while, and it's quite sad to his true colors exposed like this. :v:

Should post this shit all over the place to let people know how much of an ass he is.

I've seen it making the rounds already and I think LK got on his case already. (Along with many others I'd bet.) Wizard's never been known as top player and given EVO's of the past this won't have an effect on whether the game gets time. It's not like he's been keeping P4A shit off SRK or something lol.

Just not sure why people would worry about his opinions when we've got people like Combofiend/Valle/JWong tweeting that they enjoy it.

and i thought i was a douche, i'm a saint compared to this lol

i would never ban anyone because of expressing their opinions

Wow you dudes sound like babies. He was banned from an unofficial, private chat room for all of 5 minutes. It was not and is not a big deal. Seriously...it is the Internet...it does not matter, get over it, etc. Wizard is not trying to bring down your game.

I don't think that the ban is the biggest gripe with that pasta.

It almost sounds like he was joking around. Maybe was a bit frustrated with the game and decided to take it out on IRC.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I've heard through the rumor mill that frame data for jabs has been collected somewhere but I can't find it. Anyone have it?

Edit: It's on the dustloop wiki.

Holy fuck, how does someone like this become important...

Every day I spend on SRK I ask myself the same question. I guess it's what happens where you get into a position early enough and do a less crap job at it than your contemporaries you eventually consolidate influence etc. and then you can do stuff like this.