Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] News & Gameplay Discussion

Oh, damn.

My bad.

Still, nothing stopping you from mapping a more sensible layout.

Well, when I played there we couldn't change the button settings. Even still, I have a policy of keeping the button layout the arcade uses in case I play on a real machine. That doesn't stop anyone else from picking the better BlazBlue layout, although with the button combinations it might prove even more cumbersome. But if you're already changing the button layout, you might as well use macros too.

Gonna go the for D A B C blazblue layout when the game drops, from what I figure the most awkward press would be CD for grabs and techs etc, which I'll quickly get used to and given I live in England I can't imagine I'll be playing p4 on an arcade cab anytime soon

Yooo P4A for $47.99 free shipping on Newegg on their 72 hour deal. If you haven't pre-ordered it yet get on that shit right now.

http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/July-0-2012/72hoursale13/index-landing.html?nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL071312&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL071312-_-EMC-071312-Index-_-E0-_-Up100#Under50

Thanks for the heads-up.

Ordered.

I was reading the gameplay primer and I couldn't help but notice the following with regards to the Paralysis status ailment...

[Quick Escape] or [Mini Jump] technique is available to move.

So are you only allowed to use these two to move about or it is a typo and you're actually NOT allowed to use these two?

those two actions are available when paralyzed. you can also air turn if you are airborne while paralyzed (including from mini jump).

So then how does Paralysis restrict your movement? Does it make you slower? Not able to dash or do a regular jump?

Sorry, I thought that the gameplay primer here would have most of the info I needed lol. Thanks though.

Sorry, I thought that the gameplay primer here would have most of the info I needed lol. Thanks though.

Top of the primer states for more detailed info to check the Dustloop Wiki. When I get time ill fix some of the wording or add more detail. :F

The primer is actually pretty well done and that section is the only one that I didn't quite understand. Good work, Kuru :eng101:

Mini-jump eh... I wonder if they are low enough to stuff normal Anti-airs and bait DPs

Kanji's j.B looks a nice candidate for that.

I'm also loving the option of manual-correction after a cross-up. Now everyone has a chance at attempting legit IAD cross-ups.

I'm also loving the option of manual-correction after a cross-up. Now everyone has a chance at attempting legit IAD cross-ups.

Yeah... no more Jin crossup problems. ~_~

I'm liking the parry system or whatever it is, it seems to be used most with chie and brosuke players from the vids. Also the fear status, get to blow up niggas who like pressing buttons ALL day.

I'm liking the parry system or whatever it is, it seems to be used most with chie and brosuke players from the vids. Also the fear status, get to blow up niggas who like pressing buttons ALL day.

Well, in fact, they're the only one who can do this :P

It's their Furious Action

Anyway, do we have any news about another patch from ASW ? Just curious

Anyway, do we have any news about another patch from ASW ? Just curious

Nothing has been confirmed yet. I don't think we'll see another patch anytime soon unless they want to remove Naoto's SMP loop.

Do you think they'll patch the SMP loop shortly after console release, or for the console release (sounds like the poster was speaking of an arcade fix)? I doubt it'll be be patched for consoles, but I can see it being removed sometime after. I guess they do console/arcade patches at the same time. If one hasn't been announced I guess we'll be waiting.

Yeah, there hasn't been anything announced yet. Just to note on how 1.02 came around, it was announced some time before it was implemented, so I would guess they'd do the same if they updated it again. But only time will tell for sure.

Question...

Can you jump cancel stuff with a hop (2A+C) or does it have to be a regular jump?

Question...

Can you jump cancel stuff with a hop (2A+C) or does it have to be a regular jump?

AFAIK it has to be a regular jump. Short hops can only be used in neutral.

I figured as much but I wanted to be hopeful and have it work like that lol.