Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] News & Gameplay Discussion

I think that's just the case the arrange soundtrack comes in. It looks like the cases they usually pack their CDs in.

So has the lag issue on 360 only happened to multiple people or just one bad experience for one person??

Multiple people since an internet connection is between two people usually.

Beat Arcade Mode to unlock the option to turn off Navigators

That's gotta be the worst unlock feature ever.

I mean, I really despise navigators to begin with :/

Wakeup Options

-There is no manual quick getup. The only ground option is to neutral tech or wait for your character to automatically quick getup.

I'm liking this, it makes it so that there's a specific time for you to OTG an opponent if they refuse to tech. No more being smug and having people delay their techs to avoid oki or mix-up.

Jumping, Air Options

-You regain all your air options (air dashes, double jumps) after you air normal block, air instant block, air ukemi, or break air throws

-You can hold the button to air ukemi asap. This means you can stop piano-ing buttons during opponents combos :)

Mmm, I don't think I like the sound of resetting air options if you block, air tech, or break a throw. I'm guessing that if I make someone block a fan in the air with Yukiko and they've used their air options, they'll get another chance to jump or air dash to avoid having to deal with me on the ground. That and it's going to be hella difficult to do something like air block string > dash-under = cross-up.

Holding a button to tech is nothing but a blessing. No more mashing and worrying about over-mashing after a tech and eating a BB reset and no more netplay damage XD

Short Hop

-Short hop appears to have Foot attribute invul on Frame 1.

-You can not jump or air dash during short hop, even if you RC an attack.

-You can not block during short hop at all.

-Short hop has landing recovery.

So if you hop and use an attack that has the jump cancel property, you can't jump cancel it? As for the other stuff, hops sound like they're way more risky than I initially thought. The paralysis ailment is going to severely limit your options and throw you into RPS shenanigans. If you hop, you get tagged by a normal with a good hit-box. If you stay on the ground or attempt a quick escape, you get command thrown.

Other stuff

-mashing 4A will not give you the auto combo. Your character will simply do 5A and not cancel into anything. Mashing 6A will do the auto combo.

-No TRM

lol, serves those mashy assholes right. Now the question is, can you cancel 4A mash into 2A or any other gatling?

I'm glad there's no TRM bullshit in this game. The only reason why BB needs it is to prevent OS throw from being too strong like it was back in CT. Anything beyond that is just exploiting the system lol.

Finished the lessons. Waste of time.

Lessons:

No.01 Walking

No.02 Crouching

No.03 Jumping

j.

dj.

No.04 Weak Attack

5A

2A

j.A

No.05 Strong Attack

5B

2B

j.B

No.06 Weak Persona

5C

2C

j.C

No.07 Strong Persona

5D

5DD

j.D

No.08 Standing Block

Stand Block

Stand Block

Stand Block

No.09 Crouching Block

Crouch Block

Crouch Block

Crouch Block

No.10 Air Block

Air Block

Air Block

Air Block

No.11 Dash

No.12 Backstep

No.13 High Jump

hj.

No.14 Aerial Dash

j.66

j.44

No.15 Air Recovery

[x] while knocked in air

No.16 Ground Recovery

[x] instant you hit the ground

No.17 Auto Combo

5Ax5

No.18 P Combo

5A > 5B > 5C

No.19 All-Out Attack > Launch

AoA~C

No.20 All-Out Attack > Blockback

AoA~D

No.21 Sweep

2AB

No.22 Furious Action

BD

No.23 Throw

CD

No.24 Air Throw

j.CD

No.25 Throw Escape

CD while being thrown

No.26 Skills

236C

236D

No.27 Skill Boost

236CD

No.28 SP Skills

236236C

No.29 Awakening

Let CPU beat you up till below 35%

No.30 Awakened SP Skills

214214C/D

No.31 Reversal Burst

ACD while taking damage

No.32 Max Burst

ACD

No.33 Evasive Action

AC

No.34 Hop

2AC

No.35 Aerial Turn

j.AC

No.36 Persona Break

Hit CPU Persona 4 times

No.37 Frozen State

[4 > 6]xN

No.38 Ailment - Shock

AC

2AC

No.39 Ailment - Panic

No.40 Negative Penalty

44xN

No.41 Guard Cancel

6AB when blocking

6AB when blocking

6AB when blocking

No.42 Instant Block

Block right when the attack hits

No.43 Super Cancel

214D > 236236C

No.44 One More Cancel

214D > OMC

No.45 One More Burst

214D > OMB

No.46 Instant Kill

222CD

what happens if you input throw from a crouching position?Does the whiff throw animation appears or you get a crouching normal?

I hope the game dont become too much "throw bait" heavy since I have seen some specific situations with 80% damage reward

Gonna have to react to those throws. I feel sorry for all of us in netplay. I'll make it my mission to not play anyone three states beyond from where I live and to make sure that no one is sharing the connection in either end. Thank God the scene over here is willing to give the game a try and I know some of them will be keepers.

Gonna have to react to those throws. I feel sorry for all of us in netplay. I'll make it my mission to not play anyone three states beyond from where I live and to make sure that no one is sharing the connection in either end. Thank God the scene over here is willing to give the game a try and I know some of them will be keepers.

Watched a JP stream earlier and I didn't see any 5 frame per minute matches. Not to mention a fair amount of players execution was on point. That was probably only because it was netplay for a small nation though.

I doubt we'll be seeing anything too dreadful when it hits the states.

I'm liking this, it makes it so that there's a specific time for you to OTG an opponent if they refuse to tech. No more being smug and having people delay their techs to avoid oki or mix-up.

I thought quick getup was a bit dumb in BB, but imo delaying your tech was definitely a legit strategy. In fact, in some instances you definitely had to, or get command thrown by Bang in the air. Delaying my neutral tech is a good way to throw someone autopiloting off. Sorry, I'm not gonna let you get free dead spike every time you knock down.

But again, quick wakeup was dumb. Glad that's done with lol.

Has it been determined that you can type in your own titles or you have to make do with the titles that the game gives you? Probably the latter to prevent any obscene titles. :v:

Has it been determined that you can type in your own titles or you have to make do with the titles that the game gives you? Probably the latter to prevent any obscene titles. :v:

They are preset words, but obscene can still happen. I saw "Melt My Ass!" as a title. :kitty:

no autocombo from mashing 4a? how am i supposed to charge for mitsuru's charge attack then.....lame

no trm my prayers were answered

hahahahaha

no autocombo from mashing 4a? how am i supposed to charge for mitsuru's charge attack then.....lame

5A,A4,A,A

a guess of course

edit

may i ask what TRM stands for?

-mashing 4A will not give you the auto combo. Your character will simply do 5A and not cancel into anything. Mashing 6A will do the auto combo.

Correction. I tested and their is a exception to it. Mitsuru you can mash 4A and get Auto Combo. Everyone else is as you stated.

5A,A4,A,A a guess of course edit may i ask what TRM stands for?
this was asked 3 pages ago.
What's TRM? Haven't touched BB in so long.
"Throw Reject Miss", when you try to break a throw before the exclamation point actually appears. It looks like P4U won't punish you for not reacting to a throw, but you can't "purple throw" chars in block/hitstun in P4U like you can in BB (afaik?).

this was asked 3 pages ago.

i dont know how i missed that post, yeah throw reject miss, it didnt came to my mind inmediately when reading it

for what i have been reading, all the reports of the netcode having problems cite kubo as the source, so basically the only reliable source right now is kubo