Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] News & Gameplay Discussion

I've been thinking about picking up Akihiko when this game hits NA. I never play rushdown characters (at least not pure rushdown characters), so I think delving into a different part of the fighting game meta would do wonders for me overall.

But either way, I'm definitely using Naoto. Her trap setups and fate gimmick just look too fun.

I was thinking about Akihiko because I like boxers, but he's not Ulala (:<) and he seems sorta braindead :s

I was thinking about Akihiko because I like boxers, but he's not Ulala (:<) and he seems sorta braindead :s

You should really just go play whoever you like, "simple" or "complex".

Status effects

Dude, at least half the roster can inflict status effects. Yosuke doesn't even rely on them as much as other characters.

He has to work too hard to get in to be considered "braindead". Braindead implies you don't have to think or work for wins.

Status effects

Derp. But he's not the only character with them...

Status effects

Hold on so a speedy hit and run character is gimmicky because of static effects?

How the hell is that gimmicky when every character uses status effects to their advantage especially Teddie!

Then you turn around and say Akihiko is braindead when you need to play hella solid just to get and still lose.

Just...what are you saying?

Shit if Akihiko is braindead then I guess you need to be a first class surgeon astronaut juggler bowling god to play chie.

this is why we should play the game before we say things.

This could apply to so many people right now lol, let's leave it at this please, pretty much sums it up.

If Akihiko is braindead, then Liz is completely solid and doesn't gimmick people at all.

You think Liz is braindead?

How so?

No Kiba he didn't say liz was braindead.

Stop it stop that nonsense right now.

Sarcasm just doesn't work online holy shiii!

You think Liz is braindead?

How so?

I don't think she's braindead. I just think she's a bit gimmicky. I think Tsubaki's super gimmicky too (or at least, that's how I play her) so I don't mean that as a bad thing.

I'm just going off what I've seen thus far, excuse me for not getting on the train early :<

I just don't see Akihiko lose that much, he just looks to have really good rushdown and mixup, and he doesn't need his persona like...at all D:

And with Yosuke I'm mostly referring to his confusion, and how badly does he need that speed up super?

I'm just going to go to bed. I feel a little sad inside now...

I'm glad I got to try Yosuke out at least. I really enjoyed playing him, and I can't even see him being gimmicky at all. :kitty:

Watch a newbie pick Liz and commence button smashing - that was comical. About two people raged. Me? I couldn't even figure out my buttons. lol.

I just don't see Akihiko lose that much, he just looks to have really good rushdown and mixup, and he doesn't need his persona like...at all D:

The character was initially considered one of the worst characters in the game. He requires good reads and has to go through hell to get in on some characters.

Oh, Akihiko has amazing pressure/mixup once he gets in. That's why he's pretty solidly in A-tier.

It's just getting in that can be a hassle unless you're a good player (which is typically what you see in high play, of course).

But yeah, not being very reliant on his persona is a pretty decent plus.

Should play rival schools imo.

Well if he has to work as hard as you guys say then I guess that's fine, might play him

with tears in my eyes

if no one else works.

Should play rival schools imo.

I actually dislike everyone on the "American team" lol, Akira/Natsu please :3

I'm just going off what I've seen thus far, excuse me for not getting on the train early :<

Those are all true.

But it also has nothing to do with your previous statement.

Good =/= Braindead

pretty sure 'psn isnt experiencing any issues' has been said quite a few times already, like people can play 1 bars and its still good.

pretty sure 'psn isnt experiencing any issues' has been said quite a few times already, like people can play 1 bars and its still good.

I'm sure it's good, but I doubt it's legitimately "good" at one bar.