Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] News & Gameplay Discussion

Can you Just Guard AUB moves?

No you cannot, you either anti-anti air or take the hit like a champ.

Better yet do your best not to get put in that situation in the first place.

He can B+D out since it's frame 1, he can wake up super (lol scrubby?) if he has the meter etc etc.

No different than other characters I guess.

Frame 1...lol dayum that's nuts.

Oh just wondering, are meaties important in P4A? If so, can anyone point out a scenario of it being useful?

Oh just wondering, are meaties important in P4A? If so, can anyone point out a scenario of it being useful?

They're as important as they would be in any other game. Sure you have to bait the wake-up DPs from time to time but that's a very risky thing for the opponent to do all the time. When they're not mashing DP, then they're mashing wake-up jab/throw and that's where meaties come into play. Once you condition the opponent into not mashing jabs or DPs, then that's when you can do the slower mix-up.

Well I'm playing Yukiko and her oki works as both a meaty and/or a DP bait and punish when spaced correctly lol.

So Yu's DP is AUB, huh? Well, there goes trying to bait it through JCs :(

I went through the whole cast. Only Yu's R-Action is AUB (first hit as Veteru stated).

didn't dacidbro say first hit of akihiko's is aub as well? can you confirm/deny?

didn't dacidbro say first hit of akihiko's is aub as well? can you confirm/deny?

Opps yea you right on Aki's

Not really meatiy, but Mitsuru can OS with 2A against Chie on wakeup to make her B+D whiff or block the 2A.

That's neither a meaty nor an option select.

Option Select

A technique where one command (or series of commands) will perform a different action depending on the circumstances, thereby allowing one action to be able to handle two distinct situations.

Well it kind of is an option select. You have the situation where they wake up block and you pressure with 2A and you cover the situation where they wake up counter where your 2A hits but Chie will fly over you and you can punish.

That's not what an option select means. Please stop calling it that.

A 2A is a 2A whether it's blocked or it whiffs. It does not change to reflect the situation. Call it a safe poke if you like. Better yet just call it a 2A.

the recent arcade patch for this game, is that the one we'll be playing with from the getgo online?

hey guys check out this godliek option select!!

*2A*

-Tong, 2012

in other option select news, narukami can can do OS fuzzy guard! after sweep 5D, 9jB9A[3]AD! whee!!! Works on mitsuru, probably another Yu.

anyone have frame data on AC dodge? :v

That might not be the OS itself, but I'm pretty sure something such as 2A~2A can be done to create one. I just dnt know how mitsu works.

lol fuzzies, what is the [3] for?

That might not be the OS itself, but I'm pretty sure something such as 2A~2A can be done to create one. I just dnt know how mitsu works.

lol fuzzies, what is the [3] for?

Block/confirm into dive kick

You can beat this by getting hit with the jB and then mashing dp lol

Edit, oops, 1 rather

hey guys check out this godliek option select!!

*2A*

-Tong, 2012

in other option select news, narukami can can do OS fuzzy guard! after sweep 5D, 9jB9A[3]AD! whee!!! Works on mitsuru, probably another Yu.

anyone have frame data on AC dodge? :v

I could have sworn I saw that fuzzy work on yosuke too.

So, meaties can't really be used to beat R-actions on wake-up like a wake-up DP in 3s, eh? Then again, it's a good thing if you can't do that, since there's no parry to counterbalance it.

So, meaties can't really be used to beat R-actions on wake-up like a wake-up DP in 3s, eh? Then again, it's a good thing if you can't do that, since there's no parry to counterbalance it.

It can't beat most R-Actions. You can sorta beat Laby's (and S. Laby's) with meaties, lol, since it's got infinite super armor and isn't actually invuln. Just hit the super armor, realize she's doing it, and cancel into your own R-Action for victory. Laby can full-charge her R-Action to try and wait out your R-Action, but it's not exactly a very impressive option, especially if you have an R-Action that crosses up (ie: Mitsuru).