Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] News & Gameplay Discussion

Atlus holding those secrets like a bad soap.

But I thought the community or a hired group does that...

And they put it in the mook. This group dropped the ball, I guess.

lol, we're just going to have to trial and error our way out of this one. That or politely ask Kurushii and co to work on finding out the frame data.

Actually it seems Dantarion is on to something with regards to getting the frame data right out of the character scripts, similar to how we got the hitboxes. Hopefully that pans out.

So... Is this game good or what? I haven't been following this game at all. I've watched a couple vids and I'm not sure there's much gameplay diversity off first impression.

So is that there's hype just 'cause, or is P4A genuinely good?

The general consensus is that;

It's more fundamentally sound than BB.

It's easy to be fraudulent.

It wouldn't be the #1 fighter in Japan for 5 months "just 'cause".

It being a Persona game actually explains a lot of this.

Some of it, but fan love only goes so far. As much as I love Persona (and I do love Persona a lot), if the game looked bad I wouldn't end up playing it very long.

Character/Series love is pretty much all that's needed for anything to be successful in Japan, why do you think moe (which generally lacks any real substance) has been so popular over the last decade.

Also why do you think like 95% of games are labeled "kusoge" but still largely played :v:

That being said I'm still not sure how to feel about P4U, there are more pressing obligations coming out within the next 2 months so I might skip it just because of fighting game congestion rather than a lack of interest.

So... Is this game good or what? I haven't been following this game at all. I've watched a couple vids and I'm not sure there's much gameplay diversity off first impression.

So is that there's hype just 'cause, or is P4A genuinely good?

It's exactly what Skye said. More fundamentally sound than BB, in a sense that it's more grounded in fighter fundamentals. It's well balanced (aside from Naoto infinite) as well. It's also very easy to get into, yet, it still retains mad depth.

I'm not even hyped about the fact that it's Persona; more like hyped about the fact that the engine is amazing and has a deeper focus in fighter fundamentals. It has more focus on cross-ups, cross-unders, pokes, throws, oki game, anti-airs, DPs, overheads, and footsies than Arcsys's previous fighters. Yes, I love fundamentals that much thanks to SF3/SF4 LOL.

Aside from my fundamentals praise, the game has the flair of Arcsys fighters in that it's unique as hell and flashy. I've never played a Persona game, yet, this is the fighter I've been waiting a long time for.

There's a ton of footage to show, but, it's useless if you don't have your eyes on a character you're interested in watching. Check the challenge combos of each character in the game http://www.dustloop.com/forums/content.php?407-P4U-Challenge-Mode-Combo-Videos then we can find you some cool footage of them in action.

It's exactly what Skye said. More fundamentally sound than BB, in a sense that it's more grounded in fighter fundamentals. It's well balanced (aside from Naoto infinite) as well. It's also very easy to get into, yet, it still retains mad depth.

I'm not even hyped about the fact that it's Persona; more like hyped about the fact that the engine is amazing and has a deeper focus in fighter fundamentals. It has more focus on cross-ups, cross-unders, pokes, throws, oki game, anti-airs, DPs, overheads, and footsies than Arcsys's previous fighters. Yes, I love fundamentals that much thanks to SF3/SF4 LOL.

Aside from my fundamentals praise, the game has the flair of Arcsys fighters in that it's unique as hell and flashy. I've never played a Persona game, yet, this is the fighter I've been waiting a long time for.

There's a ton of footage to show, but, it's useless if you don't have your eyes on a character you're interested in watching. Check the challenge combos of each character in the game http://www.dustloop.com/forums/content.php?407-P4U-Challenge-Mode-Combo-Videos then we can find you some cool footage of them in action.

lol, you made it sound like there is no fundamentals on the ASW fighter

and believe it or not, the game runs on the BB engine

Character/Series love is pretty much all that's needed for anything to be successful in Japan

and that is why sengoku basara x gets a lot of play since its release...

oh wait...

im not saying that it doesnt help, but if the game is not fun, then you cant expect to survive long enough

lol, you made it sound like there is no fundamentals on the ASW fighter

and believe it or not, the game runs on the BB engine

and that is why sengoku basara x gets a lot of play since its release...

oh wait...

im not saying that it doesnt help, but if the game is not fun, then you cant expect to survive long enough

I'm saying it has more focus on fundamentals than BB does. I love the BB engine, but, P4A uses BB's engine with better implementation of fundamentals cause of the mechanics of the game.

I can't wait for the next arcsys fighter to come out, and everybody will say that they never liked P4U anyways, and that the next fighter focuses more on the important things in fighting games.

Actually it seems Dantarion is on to something with regards to getting the frame data right out of the character scripts, similar to how we got the hitboxes. Hopefully that pans out.

I really wanna know why no fighting game has ever just GIVEN us the frame data in-game. Would it kill devs to allow an option in training mode to see frame data (and while we're on that topic, more FGs should come with a hitbox viewer)?

I can't wait for the next arcsys fighter to come out, and everybody will say that they never liked P4U anyways, and that the next fighter focuses more on the important things in fighting games.

fuck video games.

I really wanna know why no fighting game has ever just GIVEN us the frame data in-game. Would it kill devs to allow an option in training mode to see frame data (and while we're on that topic, more FGs should come with a hitbox viewer)?

But what about VF5:FS and DOA5?

But what about VF5:FS and DOA5?

Okay, so I admit I was wrong in that no FG provided frame data. But it's still extremely rare. It's not these are trade secrets that each dev must guard with their life or something.

If you're suggesting people are only praising P4A because it's their most recent fighter you're kind of forgetting the transiition from GG > BB.

BB is just a divisive game, a lot of people simply don't like it much.

Because they as one of the more popular reasons for it's dislike was that it was you know? Not GG.