Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] News & Gameplay Discussion

Okay, thanks. I really like Teddie, but idk - I'll try Aigis and Naoto as well.

Teddie can have insanely good oki/resets depending on where he is in his item list. Barrel or Meteors gives him a ton of chances for nasty mixups. A bunch of the other items can make it really hard for the other player to do anything as well. If you like Teddie you should play as him.

Ill try Naoto and Elizabeth, I like naoto's game but elizabeth can be cheaper lol plus she's such an awesome character, and she uses yugioh lines too lol

I'll stick to Kuma. I love playing the "joke" characters of series.

Teddie's new voice is indeed Sam Riegel. His high-pitch voice is very recognizable.

Also according to Atlus it looks like 4 characters, including Teddie and Chie, have had their voices changed.

Also according to Atlus it looks like 4 characters, including Teddie and Chie, have had their voices changed.

I believe Chie will now be voiced by Erin Fitzgerald (Trish/Erica in Catherine; Parasoul in Skullgirls). I hope Kanji and Akihiko keep their original English voices.

Anyway, here's a peak at the story modes for Yukiko and Kanji - http://andriasang.com/con12e/p4_arena_story_screens/

Looks like Shadows are involved (clever pretext to justify mirror matches)...or most likely Kanji still hasn't really gotten over his issues.

interesting, i like their translation of kanji's attack names, even if they are a bit longer.

also they named mortal blows as instant kills. i guess that makes sense.

i guess i should start updating hte wiki to use the real english names...

edit: how odd, narukami's ik is called 'million truths', but the attack in teh rpg is myriad truths... are they the same attack or is this a translation error?

yeah, if you can find decent pictures of them. hopefully we'll have sprite rips to work with eventually.

also, if you use images, then you can probably remove the description of the attack from teh move (since that's what the image is for) and only use text to describe the utility of hte move.

That Kanji shadow is dressed, I call fake :v:

Nice to see them making a guide before even uploading the videos. I certainly approve of such priorities.

And I actually nailed at least two of Kanji's special's names, hooray! Maybe I did deserve that award after all!

I find myself wanting to play Kanji more and more, but I don't like grapplers. I wasn't expecting Atlus to actually go ahead and name his instant kill "Brofist". Wait let me rephrase that.

The Man Series: Brofist

I want to watch some P4A vids~

Who's the okizeme/mixup character?

I'm guessing Shadow Labrys. She has a fight style simliar to Relius.

I want to watch some P4A vids~

Who's the okizeme/mixup character?

Chie definitely, with Tomoe spinny move. Free mix up of her choice after seemingly any knockdown.

There are no hard inputs, like Dragon Punch, 632146, 360's/720's. The "hardest" input would be charge moves from Mitsuru.

So yeah, the game is extremely noob-friendly input wise.

How about "timing" for combos?

I see alot of big names dropping, (what look like) easy combos more often than usual.

That would depend. Everyone has hard and easy combos.

Chie combos look somewhat easy since most players are pretty consistent with them. Mitsuru too.

Atm, Naoto seemingly has pretty specific/situtional stuff, and her midscreen IAD combo looks kinda easy to drop.

Game has 2 months either way, so who knows, the only way to know is playing the game ourselves.

There are no hard inputs, like Dragon Punch, 632146, 360's/720's. The "hardest" input would be charge moves from Mitsuru.

So yeah, the game is extremely noob-friendly input wise.

Who has those? Because I know Kanji doesn't.

Who has those? Because I know Kanji doesn't.

Like he said, the game doesn't have them.

Don't be.

I was pretty excited myself until I was told that the game will not playable there. It's just going to be a presentation about the game, and as much as I would love to see that, I pretty much know quite a bit about the game. It also will not surprise me if the game comes out quite late here, hence why I'll be getting the US version.

That and laziness got the better of me. Some things are too good to be true.