Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

P4A Tier List Discussion *5/2 Latest*

What happened to Akihiko vs Mitsuru being one of the worse?

Akihiko players got better I guess. He is considered A Tier pre-patch and A Tier now.

Is Elizabeth the worst character at the moment and is shadow labrys better than regular labrys?

Akihiko players got better I guess. He is considered A Tier pre-patch and A Tier now.

Is Elizabeth the worst character at the moment and is shadow labrys better than regular labrys?

I heard jiyuna saying Kanji's the worst awhile back.

ached that makes alot of sense, thanks to your video knowledge. i'll keep note of these things about the MU. theres going to be a ton of mitsuru's so learning the MU asap is going to be a priority now.

l thought elizabeth vs aigis would be ridiculously bad, with how easy aigis explosively shits all over thantanos' face from damn there every range. every c or d is getting shot at, it looks like a very difficult MU.

ached that makes alot of sense, thanks to your video knowledge. i'll keep note of these things about the MU. theres going to be a ton of mitsuru's so learning the MU asap is going to be a priority now.

l thought elizabeth vs aigis would be ridiculously bad, with how easy aigis explosively shits all over thantanos' face from damn there every range. every c or d is getting shot at, it looks like a very difficult MU.

Yeah and what stunedge said also hit the mark as well. Elizabeth has to guess well. I saw her do the zio purple beam in the air and Mitsuru used that to close the distance by doing droit under it. Also, the scariest thing a Mitsuru can do, from what I've seen, is a full charge droit while Elizabeth is in the corner. I don't know of Elizabeth's options at that point, but most I've seen couldn't do anything about it. Some attempted to do the wind spiral thing, droit either defeats it or they trade blows. You do not want to trade a 2500 damage attack for chip damage. Maybe they didn't know the character well enough. Either way, you don't want to take a full charge droit, does like 2500 damage, which is 1/3 of Elizabeth's life. I don't think it's all bad for Elizabeth though because of the videos I've seen between Mitsuru she won a good deal of them. 2 outta 5 or more I'd say. Studying those Elizabeths' seems like a good idea to overcome the match-up.

On to the Yukiko v Shadow Lab match-up, it's basically BBCS1 Lambda v Carl. The Yukiko's simply charged as though they were rushdown in that match-up because they couldn't do anything about her persona if it did 5D. Though Yukiko's attack where her persona attacks at the full length of the screen seemed effective. I'd also say this match up is potentially bad for Elizabeth as well. Probably more in Elizabeth's favor than Yukiko, but it will be rough. I need to watch more videos of Elizabeth v Shadow Lab to be sure.

I, as a future Elizabeth main (tentative), am now scared. GG.

So far from what I've seen in videos a lot of the game is really matchup oriented, is there any character that is just flat top tier? Because it doesn't seem that way (which is good)

the game has couple bad matchups but its far much more balanced than early BB.

Kanji is considered to be the worst atm but he is even much better than EX tager in my opinion.

every characters has certain dumb setup and oki and you die really fast.

In a single tournament, though Mitsuru and Aigis could get the most stable win, but you can never tell what will happen in this game.

Yukiko vs Mitsuru is another pretty bad one but Mitsuru JA nerf made this one so much better than before.

So...wait...I haven't looked into this at all as far as tiers go. Aigis is top tier? O.o

I just started looking into this more competitively since there's this tourney at super arcade here and lo and behold my main is apparently going to be super strong lol. I'm just picking her cause I just like her tons too...

the game has couple bad matchups but its far much more balanced than early BB.

Kanji is considered to be the worst atm but he is even much better than EX tager in my opinion.

every characters has certain dumb setup and oki and you die really fast.

In a single tournament, though Mitsuru and Aigis could get the most stable win, but you can never tell what will happen in this game.

Yukiko vs Mitsuru is another pretty bad one but Mitsuru JA nerf made this one so much better than before.

Oh that's really good to hear. Good to know my choice in character will now be unaffected by tier lists and crap. Though I'd probably play Elizabeth even if she was very bad...

Stunedge,

What is for you the top 3 OKI characters ?

and

the top 3 best damage characters ?

Disclaimer: This is (mostly) my opinion (e.g. it's based on what I've seen and read, but I'm still only one player) and not exactly what you were asking for. It's also nearly 2:40 am. Here you go though...:

Oki Tiers:

S: S. Labrys, Chie, Yu

A: Kanji, Yukiko, Teddie, Aigis*

B: Naoto, Akihiko, Mitsuru, Labrys

C: Elizabeth, Yosuke

Aigis doesn't have strong traditional oki, but she has Vampire Saviour level mixups and resets for oki situations (and in the middle of combos). I'm taking those into account as part of her oki game.

Damage Tiers:

S: Mitsuru, Akihiko, Aigis, Elizabeth

A: Naoto*, Kanji, Labrys*, Chie, Yu

B: Teddie, Yukiko, Yosuke, S. Labrys

Characters marked with a star have very high situational damage output; Naoto with SMP loops and Labrys with Red axe.

If I'm dead wrong on any of this, or anyone just wants to nitpick about it, I'm all for that. Accurate character breakdowns are important, and I'm not a top player by any means :v:.

I would assume Liz's damage isn't that easy to acquire at high level play, but once she does it's really high. Kind of like Lambda, who has incredible damage, but difficult ways to get it.

its shouldnt be too hard, all she needs is fear, 50 heat (100 heat if she's already awakened), a frozen foe, and the corner. liz can get these conditions in no time flat. alot of her combos involve 2c and bufu which inflicts fear/freeze, she gets 50/100 heat easy as the match goes on, and her combos have huge corner carry. ex maragidyne will put the foe behind liz also meaning you can choose which side of the screen you want the foe, perfect for corner placement.

even still she's doing 2-4k on average, thats pretty good

The thing that makes awakening fine is that if you're getting raped, awakening doesn't matter unless you can get out of pressure to do something with it

Really hoping that the Awakening Factor doesn't end up as some stupid comeback Hail Mary Mechanic a la Xfactor.

you can kill before awakening anyways

Yu's oki >>>> Everyone else's

Seriously. But why are we debating over an opinionated tier list from someone who doesn't own the game...? I don't know, just sayin.

Yu's oki >>>> Everyone else's

Yu's oki basically loses to the "don't tech" option. S.Labrys's oki basically doesn't from what I've seen. Chie's 5DD is basically Pretty Maze.

Seriously. But why are we debating over an opinionated tier list from someone who doesn't own the game...? I don't know, just sayin.

I have no idea. I was trying to give a general idea of where I felt the characters ranked in those areas because someone asked. Wasn't trying to start anything.

yu's oki doesnt lose to no tech, he can relaunch and knockdown and get oki anyway

Yu's oki basically loses to the "don't tech" option.

Okay, don't teck Yu's oki set up and watch what happens...