Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

P4A Tier List Discussion *5/2 Latest*

It might be too early to ask this but does anyone with the game know how long it takes to get to each rank in general and how do PSR and your actual rank differ from each other for netplay?

If no one knows, then I can wait until tomorrow.

It might be too early to ask this but does anyone with the game know how long it takes to get to each rank in general and how do PSR and your actual rank differ from each other for netplay?

If no one knows, then I can wait until tomorrow.

Rank up I was getting like every 2-3 wins in Ranked Mode up to C grade. Then it started to slow down greatly. PSR is about 6-8 earned per win in Ranked Mode. I still don't know what all effects your grade. Grade is account wide while PSR is per character.

I heard that there was supposedly a matchup chart from Japan (maybe in an issue of Arcadia?), but I haven't been able to find it anywhere on the web. Has anyone compiled something like this yet?

Have the source on that? A google doc anyone can put together. Looking at it I can't agree with two values on Yosuke's, and Slaby with 6's against only the S-Tier characters lol wut.

Anonymous spreadsheet that has Shadow Labrys 5/5 with Yukiko, Kanji 7/3 against Chie. Yeah, seems legit.

Have the source on that? A google doc anyone can put together. Looking at it I can't agree with two values on Yosuke's, and Slaby with 6's against only the S-Tier characters lol wut.

No idea where it came from, i wouldn't take it seriously at all.

Did Dustloop finally learn to be incredulous?!
Don't worry, it's just a phase. We'll go back to spouting baseless bullshit soon enough.

If anyone cares; Mitsuru followed by Yu are the current unanimous top tier characters on BBS.

Then generally(keyword here) they have Aigis, Chie and Kuma hustling under them at S(-?).

Everyone else on A, except Kanji in B.

Never, ever, take a tier list seriously. At best, it's a loose guideline on who could win the most matches in a set of 10. At worst, it's flame war fuel.

In the end, it's the skill one has with a character that matters.

OMG how could I not have known that before? My life has meaning to it now thanks to your valuable insight!

Yeah, I know, it's very obvious for everyone.

It's just a little reminder that tier lists are utterly meaningless.

Anyone figure why Naoto is considered low tier? She has low health but she can get away with it since she's a zoner, and otherwise she has pretty good normals (5B range is huge) and traps are great for both neutral and oki, not to mention SMP loop doing infinity plus one damage. She doesn't seem to be the strongest character in the game but she doesn't necessarily seem that weak either. At least not Kanji tier.

Anyone figure why Naoto is considered low tier? She has low health but she can get away with it since she's a zoner, and otherwise she has pretty good normals (5B range is huge) and traps are great for both neutral and oki, not to mention SMP loop doing infinity plus one damage. She doesn't seem to be the strongest character in the game but she doesn't necessarily seem that weak either. At least not Kanji tier.

Her normals are average at best, her 2B AA range is horrible against most of this game air attacks. She's quite persona heavy as her traps, pressure, pokes and DP all relies on it and yet she can be easily persona broken.

The SMP loop damage output is going to be 5-7.2k on average unless they get either a really good starter or they spend meter or burst to start it. Since most of this is done before the loops begins one can just save their burst in till a Naoto spend their resources on starting it. Lastly low health and weak defensive options hurt her, she doesn't get Critical Shot till Awakening yet she's prone to dying before so.

Naoto has terrible meterless defensive options under pressure including what is easily the worst R-Action in the game*, low life, and is heavily meter/burst-reliant for damage. Moreover, in Naoto's worst matchups (Narukami and Aigis), her traps are more or less useless for controlling space because they can be safely destroyed by those characters' main pressure starting tools.

Overall she's not bad; she does have high damage with meter, strong okizeme off of the right confirms, pretty good zoning with gunshots and traps (in most matchups), and decent pokes. Kanji's not exactly bad either, though.

*More than a handful of characters can cancel into something which avoids its tiny hitbox on reaction and punish its recovery.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

J.C is her only "pretty good" normal.