Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

P4A Tier List Discussion *5/2 Latest*

detective chick.

Well no I know that, I just meant tier wise

I've heard either she's really high, or really low, or somewhere in between or out there

No one seems to know for sure

I use it very often and if you keep your game solid, you can do amazing stuff but vs Aigis or Mitsuru,uff what a pain...damage wise her only alternative is to do SMP Loops, and if they patch that dunno what's gonna happen to her, experience wise i think that she is low-mid, but not useless as i said any character is usable, that's what make awesome P4U.

Mitsuru is better than Aigis priority wise IMO, remember that Aigis damages priority on Orgia Mode, and you have to be very careful using it and not waste it like a retard. Mitsuru doesn't even need meter to do amazing stuff and worst than that, her pressure and DP nullifies almost any mixup or trick that you can do.

At least in America the most seen in tournament, not online, is as follows:

Mitsuru, Aigis, Yu, Chie, Teddie (This is just frequency, not tier placement)

A few other are seen like Kanji, Labrys, and Yosuke but on average aren't seen as much.

So for usage, and considering its been only about a month here in the States the usage is around this:

Highly used / Used as a sub

Mitsuru, Yu, Chie

Seen often

Aigis, Kanji, Yosuke, Teddie, Akihiko

Sometimes seen / only a few players are known

Yukiko, Elizabeth, Labrys, Naoto, Slabrys

Not a tier list since new things are being learned with some characters and some people still don't know things about characters like Slabrys. One example is a bi-weekly in New Jersey at an arcade called [The Break] I played Slabrys and most players had to be told this after the match:

1: Buffalo Hammer (214 C/D) hits low.

2: The command grab (4--6 C/D) was a command to begin with.

3: EX persona moves can only be broken, outside of hitting Slabrys, with supers.

4: Tetrichondria(?) (214214 C/D) grants all persona moves guard points as if it was an EX.

Excluding the Top character people agree on, The tier list in the US isn't really concrete yet, new tech can be learned to make some match-ups be seen in a new light. Though some like Elizabeth vs Mitsuru will always be a hard matchup if the two players are at equal level.

All I need to is Hae Chan and Spinking to convince me that a) Chie is top 3 and b) She can confidently body Mitsuru.

Not to sound like an elitist, but as far as tiers go the American opinion is kind of irrelevant given the amount of time we've had with the game vs our eastern buddies.

From pretty much all the gameplays I've seen recently Japan has gotten over their "Mitsuru is unbeatable" phase. She isn't nearly as dominant as she used to be. Aigis and Chie on the other hand still rape faces.

I think in due time Shabrys is gonna make it into the high tiers, she has a lot going for her but Persona management is just too much of a task for her. Getting knocked down by Shabrys is one of the scariest things ever.

Being able to beat "S+ tier" doesn't make you S+ tier. Matchups don't work like that. Mitsuru has more better matchups than Chie does, so she ranks higher. That doesn't mean she can't lose, it doesn't mean there aren't characters with an advantage against her, it just means her numbers are better when you total them all up.

That said, the "American opinion" is just parroting the Japanese opinion. :v:

Dayum shame, I was really hoping that Teddy was going to be he God tier when I first heard about this game. I could imagine it, the strange fur thing dominating everyone--tournaments full of Teddy players and their less then savory voice actors.

Observing Mitsuru's ascension was awe inspiring.

I mean if not Teddy then Naoto would've been cool--of course THATS an unfortunate joke.

Where the fuck does Jiyuna get his tier lists.

S Tier

- Yosuke, Teddie, Aigis, Chie

A Tier

- Yu, Mitsuru, Naoto, Labrys

B Tier

- Everybody else.

i think narukami is top 3 with aigis and mitsuru!!!!!!!!!

A tier list that only has three slots is hard to gauge...but thats really because this game has very few "hopeless" matchups since its rather balanced.

I guess the general placement is due to overall matchups against the whole roster as well as strength in either damage/mixups/zoning and his or her defensive options. Take Yu for instance:

Matchups: Generally at advantage against most of the cast (at worst 4-6 or 5-5 in most cases) and some matchups 6-4 or higher in advantage.

Damage: Average without meter and pretty good with meter +awakening. Fatal Counter moves aren't easy to utilize as others though.

Mixups: Incredible mixup options with any KD as standing D forces blocking on wakeup and any hit can go into KD and back to D.

Zoning: Very strong normals with 5B, 2B, and j.B that can stop most jump ins and be hitconfirmed easily if counter hit. 236C is also a viable projectile to use in some cases.

Now look at a character like Kanji (hope I don't get hate for this)

Matchups: One of the unfortunate 3-7 (or 2-8) matchup holders in this game and other matchups are difficult if you aren't able to use your strong, though specialized, tools in the matchup.

Damage: Very good damage without meter with command throws and very high meterless damage off of counter hit or fatal counter moves. Without Persona, meter, burst, or a counter hit his damage is rather low as his damaging combos generally start off of a counter hit to be able to link off of some moves.

Mixups: Poor when in neutral as his ground and air speed are very slow and his mixups start once he is within throw range. At throw range, and especially after a KD, the opponent has to guess on wakeup: Will he dp, command throw, or do a meaty normal? For almost every wrong guess the situation will start again. Some characters that have poor wakeup can potentially be killed from this if they don't have a burst and guess wrong each time.

Zoning: D moves can be used to lockdown at almost full screen to enable him to get in and start his mixups, shock status helps him keep you in place as he moves in. His C normals have good range and have Fatal counter properties enabling him to do high meterless damage from it. While not "true" zoning, use of j.214 A, B, and especially EX can be used to catch characters trying to use projectiles at range or jump away.