Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spirit Juice

Sol vs Johnny

Matchup Statistics:

Openers:

Okizeme:

Punishes:

Counters:

Anti airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

Char specific details:

-- Member Submitted Info Section (if valid).

At the start of the round, I hit you once (chip damage is fine too) then run away till time over. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?!

For j.HS just block it. Or if you see it coming, go for a VV. Coin pressure, eh ? Try to slashback and counter immediately. It's really easy if he throws them at the same moment in the combo. But if you can't slash back, then Instant block the coin and FD johnny out. That'll make enough space for you to backdash or jump out if you're in the corner.

johnny's jH is the most broken move ever. it's especially cheap against sol, who has no good anti airs

Or you being sarcastic? I've been hit out of j.HS plenty of times. You gotta out yomi them with KillerJoker and DivineBlade FRC's before a Sol will stand still long enough for you to make them block a j.HS.

...it's especially cheap against sol, who has no good anti airs

There's no way he isn't sarcastic.

lawl, internet anyways, dashing 6P, dashing 2D, or Grand Viper tend to be what hit me out of my coins. and of course, dashing Volcanic Viper

Sol's 2D vs johnny works wonderszszszsz!!! You can avoid almost everything Johnny has and going into a combo... Grand viper seems to be very anoying also cause even if u predict it coming it is very hard to interrupt it. Of course you can block it and punish very hard but most ppl RC it to avoid the punishment. GV also beats everything that comes from air except divine blade (beats jHS, jK, KJ) which means free combo if Clean hit landed. I dissagree about Sol not having anti-airs and i should say that he has the best anti-airs of the game... VV, K, GV (from personal experience i can ensure it works wonders), 6P leading to combo and even 6HS sometimes.

Sol having bad AA's is nothing but a joke. You shouldn't have taken that seriously. GV is an odd AA. At the right timing you beat I-no's dives with it. Sol's 6P is below average IMO....

Sol's 6p for an AA= meh? seriously though GV can beat alot of Johnny's jump in options like j.hs, j.k and the like except DB as previously posted so try to go with that often but if you anticipate then VV that shit!!! :yaaay:

I was being excessively sarcastic just to confirm. lol VV is guaranteed damage vs iad attacks if you react in time. 5K is amazing as well, and I assume it would beat johnny's jK and jH. sol's 6P is generally pretty lame for anti air, so I dunno.

Grand viper seems to be very anoying also cause even if u predict it coming it is very hard to interrupt it. Of course you can block it and punish very hard but most ppl RC it to avoid the punishment. GV also beats everything that comes from air except divine blade (beats jHS, jK, KJ) which means free combo if Clean hit landed.

The best way to deal with stand alone grand viper is to jump. If he misses he can't RC for safety. If sol does a lot of random GVs all they have to do is a lot of random jumps and he'll miss, they land and punish his whiff. Random jump is infinitely less risky than random grand viper.

5K doesn't beat Johnny's j.HS. At least it doesnt 90% of the times. It's better to block it, or VV on reaction. 6+P is only good AA against frontal airborne atacks, such as Riot Stomp. 5K or VV are way better in most cases. Tiamat: A good Sol doesn't spam GV unless you're positive you're gonna hit them, so the worst case scenario is a blocked GV, which is RC'ed into mixup/pressure.

don't get me wrong I hardly use GV for obvious reasons (bad on block but can RC to make up, whiff is just god-awful since you eat a free combo:vbang: ) but It's good to know that it's a viable option as well. For an AA I'd use 5K for certain moves but to beat Johnny's j.hs you have to be pinpoint perfect on your timing and it just isn't worth it so you might as well S VV most of the time or IB. @Hideki: I only use it when I'm dead sure it'll work like in the middle of a pressure string etc. That's pretty much the only use I have for it.

i used GV on johnny's j.HS and it worked most of time i think because he try to link 5K after the j.HS but some times he managed to block low when he landed