Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

The other DLC character is from a game called Starhawk. Soo...What the hell is Starhawk, and why haven't i heard of it? If it played such a crucial part is playstation's success, i assume i would've heard more about it. No Wanderer from SoTC? No Pyramid head? No Gex? No Aya Brea? no Dart from LoD?

I know a few of these require licensing rights, but most of these games are available on PSN. I'm sure the companies wouldn't charge completely ridiculous licensing fees considering the amount of free promotion.

If they start announcing great characters as DLC then maybe people will care, but with this current roster, i wouldn't even waste the time to download the demo.

The other DLC character is from a game called Starhawk. Soo...What the hell is Starhawk, and why haven't i heard of it? If it played such a crucial part is playstation's success, i assume i would've heard more about it. No Wanderer from SoTC? No Pyramid head? No Gex? No Aya Brea? no Dart from LoD?

I know a few of these require licensing rights, but most of these games are available on PSN. I'm sure the companies wouldn't charge completely ridiculous licensing fees considering the amount of free promotion.

If they start announcing great characters as DLC then maybe people will care, but with this current roster, i wouldn't even waste the time to download the demo.

Starhawk is a mediocre third person shooter/dogfight game. I can't believe that they would pick a character from such a forgettable game as DLC. :v:

I agree with you on the roster. So many amazing possibilities and they go for some of the most boring choices possible. My biggest gripe with the roster is Cole and Evil Cole. It seems like someone else could have just as easily had one of their spots.

Uhhh War & Starhawk are pretty successful shooters for the PS3.

Getting the license to use a property or it's characters is a grueling process, it's more than just money.

Starhawk is a nice game, and actually I think the structures summoning thing would be an interesting gimmick to use in this game.

The main char is kinda boring, though.

I have Starhawk and didn't like it. Opinions I guess lol.

Another thing I don't like about this roster is that there are too many guys with guns. :v:

I never said the game was "good" just that it was "successful" aka it sold, there are plenty of "bad" games that sell :v:

And yeah the roster could use a bit more variety, but eh this game was excuse enough to raise Nariko from the dead (literally!) and it has Spike, so I'm not gonna complain lol.

Roster complaints will always exist with dream match games = 3=

Roster complaints will always exist with dream match games = 3=

Agreed, but i don't see ANYONE looking at this roaster and getting super hyped. Also as far as dream matches i think AquaPazza picked a great cast.

Still trying to make the best out of this purchase but it's difficult to keep playing after that first half an hour. Like some of the people I stay on the floor with agreed they'll play it but I can't promise how long I'll be playing it for. They're missing the "down cancel" command on the ground and "22" option to go through thin platforms.

The roster now I'm fooling around with Nariko.

So still no down cancels but it seems like 2X works through thin platforms. I'll admit there's more button commands for PAS compared to Smash but they all lack links with an awkward feeling of large amounts of recovery. Honestly most of the characters feels like a good chunk of Smash characters but before I list comparisons I'll admit a personal pet peeve about the game (gotten into it a little bit more since I had a few friends interested).

Specials unique to the characters are the only way to kill off your opponent unless you end up knocking them off the platform. There's no health but a special meter so knowing someone getting there ass handed to them they won't fly in various directions, they'll only end up dropping orbs to boost your special gauge a little bit quicker then others.

Just finished playing through Sly Arcade, his battled destiny is with Drake Fortune after 3 matches

This game is really, really fun. I missed playing a game like this where anyone could grab it and have fun.

Those unique supers these characters have can be ridiculous sometimes but funny