Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spirit Juice

Sol vs May

Matchup Statistics:

Openers:

Okizeme:

Punishes:

Counters:

Anti airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

Char specific details:

-- Member Submitted Info Section (if valid).

man, we need to get more discussion on the matchup threads. wipe off the dust n all. i dunno about all the other sol players, i hate this match. from my understanding, generally keep on the ground. may feels tons stronger than sol in the air. also dolphins are annoying since whenever i block them, she is always really far for me to punish, though i believe you can 6P them.

Against May I just play patient. Dolphins and random j.HS are forbidden for May, you can counter each for free with VV's on reaction. j.HS's can also be countered with max distance 5K. Never try to airgrab that shit, you'll get a CH into another shitty loop draining 50-60% of your life. The SW setups are required to be fast, unpredictable and as effective as possible. A crappy setup leads you to a Dolphin reversal into beefy dagame. Once you score a knockdownmor get May in the corner, things should go smoothly. She has no good wake up moves (her overdrives are pretty easy to see, and you can punish the whale if you learn to SB it), so let your mindgames flow. In the corner, normal grab is pretty good, since it has a faster startup than SOl's command throw, and in the corner you get free SW setups with it (Throw > 5K, c.S, TK BR, j.P, j.K, CHSW). Basically, I play as safe as possible, avoiding her okizemes because she can command throw you for free, hi-lo game with the D/[D]/FB jackhound... If she's jumping with j.HS or spaming dolphins, punish that shit with shoryus, then play safe waitin till you get that 50% life SW setup.

Best way to avoid May's 5D mix up is to learn to jump it on reaction. I don't find her oki that troubling, just avoiding those deadly CH's and you can do fine.

well from my experience of this match up, I can say DON'T use 5K as anti air...her j.H will rape you :8/: Even if it's possible to hit her out with it, I wouldn't say it's worth the risk. but this is also true against other characters. (like Slayer)

well from my experience of this match up, I can say DON'T use 5K as anti air...her j.H will rape you :8/:

Then you don't have enough experience.

Did you read the MAX distance thing? :vbang:

i think the 5K countering j.H really just depends on where she is and when she throws it out. more so when she throws it out. if she is at a certain height, and u don't see a j.H, then u can snuff her out of the air. i don't think its risky as long as you are conscious of where you are with her. you can't throw it out right when u see her coming in at u, as opposed to against some chars.

I land CH 2Hs all over the place in this match. TK sidewinder used to eat dolphins for a free CH, not sure about in AC because of running fireball detection change.

So, how should I approach? And how should I avoid those damn H attacks? What should I do if she starts chuckin' whales? Is there a way to punish them? If she has 50%, which options will leave me open to whaling?

Grand Vippah under the whales. B-Quest does that shit on reaction. Honestly tho, if the whales are giving you THAT much trouble than you have 2 issues. 1 your offense is extremely predictable 2 You do not FD break your approaches. when May is in the air, jump into her, IB than wild-throw when she lands. That is the absolute safest way to avoid CH's.