Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spirit Juice

Sol vs Faust

Matchup Statistics:

Openers:

Okizeme:

Punishes:

Counters:

Anti airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

Char specific details:

-- Member Submitted Info Section (if valid).

yeah i thought faust was a pain in the ass too, but i'm pretty sure its always a means to hit him in the face. well any useful idea's? i always find it dificult when he does that annoying pogo dance.

annoying pogo dance -> iad vv, don't do running vv if u're out of range, he may punish u with flower poke scalpel stab -> 6p on reaction and try to stay on ground and use the GF pressure, normal jump in is quite impossible on him imo, if he do the jump in, don't try to punish with anything other than vv if he had 25% tension

thanks, i also find it funny that any chance he's off the ground its a easy 40-60% of his health, its just when he starts being random as hell is when its a problem.

you can punish his door trick with a RT or air dash slash or dust...just be careful...i found it easier to punish then block.

the only fausts i ever play are in tournament, so i dont get very much time to experiment against him. though there isnt very much posted on faust, so here is my 2 cents: generally speaking with any character that can outspace sol, i.e. faust, bridget, baiken, testament, etc. it really is a patience game. granted, any match should be a patience game, and not sol running in with his arms flaying over his head ... right before he gets punched in the face, though certain matches, sol can more freely run in and rush people down. in fact, some matches, sol should be running in at times. though, against faust, sol really shouldn't be rushing the person down unless he scores the knockdown, and once he scores the KD, there isn't very much for faust to do. i ve heard/seen faust just use the forcebreak on wakeup, which is +1 on block, so if you have 1/2 tension, you can DP RC on their wakeup when they have quarter tension and remind them that u have a DP that can do massive amounts of damage. if they are rational players, they should think twice about when to use the forcebreak. as excelence mentioned before, 6P beats scalpel. also, ranged DP's can catch his hand, basically, ryu-dhalsim-style. GF -> FRC at mid-ranged is a great tool to keep him from doing anything and then control the air with j.P or j.H. i dont think he has very much to do against sol when they are both in the air, and sol is in his face. just when sol is mid-ranged to long-ranged, though most of the rounds are going to be like that if neither char has the offensive. 2D will go under his far slash, which is useful to know. learn when to properly attack and poke to try and score a knockdown. in this matchup, feels like the majority of the time is the wrong time to attack. if you are not attacking, then you should be blocking. faust's damage off random hits hurt. if you do jump in with an attack, the guessing game is if faust will try to anti-air you after ur first jump, or if he will wait for you to double jump. guessing wrong on either one gets you the inside. that is not as recommended, because faust can do his whole j.2K cancel into j.H or an attack, and u will be forced to block, or get stabbed, before you can approach him in 6P range.

dont even consider jumping in at faust he doesn't even have to anti air half the time his crouch evades almost all your air moves and his 2K will stuff everything his crouch makes viper whiff also evades BB but no one uses that anyway in the air faust really is hard to deal with cuz half the time if faust is in the air hes too high up to fuck with usually throwing bombs or going for air pogo FDC j.h and j.k are pretty vicious, j.h keeps your honest from a distance and j.k can be used one wakeup but you can viper FDC j.k if they abuse it too much he can also crossup with FDC j.d which is nasty too watch out of CH j.h cuz he can jump land and jump for an air combo for nasty damage his wakeup game should consist of 2K on wakeup into gatling for kd and if you block it he might go for like item throw then like maybe command grab also 6P does trade with scapel but you should just GV that shit its so much more rewarding, but you have to anticpate it sometimes i dunno if other fausts do this but my brother does Door FRC into grab and if your on the ground you can do shit like a crazy crossup grab okay so when hes on pogo watch out for flower (hits low) and the flower that pops out on his head (retarded anti air) he can also push forward or back on his pogo that give him retarded hitboxes (backwards one can go thru burst) to keep you out on the ground Faust will probably do something like 2P,2H repeat or f.S into 2K repeat also he will throw items to keep you out and rush you down with depending on which one he gets also never use RS or BB against pogo cuz it will get evaded / hit that shit doesn't work at all, flower hits and pogo evade rape it