Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend at EVO2k12

Greetings folks. I've decided to take up the mantle of Tournament Organizer this year and host this year's BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND tournament at Evo. I'm thinking about allowing online pre-reg via Paypal, but we'll see if that actually pans out, lol.

I'm going to be bringing my portable printer, so for this event you can expect pool type

Date:

Singles (シングル): July 6th 7月6日

3v3 Teams (3v3 チーム): July 7th 7月7日

Special Events(Offsite): July 8th

Singles Schedule: シングル大会

12:00PM Signups

1:30PM Roll Call + Pool Information

2:00PM Pool 1

3:30PM Pool 2

5:00PM Pool 3

6:30PM Pool 4

8:00PM Finals

Teams Schedule: チーム大会

10:00PM Signups

11:30PM Roll Call + Pool Information

12:00PM Winners

1:00PM Losers

2:00PM Top8

3:00PM Top4

4:00PM Finals

This is a tentative timeline, but this is one that I am earnestly shooting for. If there is a significant number of participants above 128 people, this schedule will be adjusted accordingly, but otherwise you can take it as a pretty good guide for how things are going to go down. As you may know, I am an extreme hardass with start times and things rolling on time, so don't be surprised if you are unable to participate or get disqualified.

1:30PM roll call is more or less mandatory, especially if you plan to enter other tournaments at the same time. If you show up to roll call, you'll be able to change which pool you are in if there is a conflict with another pool that you are in.

Regardless, the schedule of official EVO tournaments is going to be a definite factor in how we're going to coordinate start and end times.

Venue:

Caesar's Palace

3570 Las Vegas Blvd

Las Vegas, NV 89109

Meeting Place:

Tentative, however we will have a big BlazBlue banner to gather around.

Entry fee:

Singles: $10 Online Registration

Teams: $5 Per Member

Pools:

Pools will be determined with a combination of location, skill, and timeslot seeding. We will do our best to avoid placing you into the same pools with numerous players from the same locale/skill, but with only 4 pools and a number of scheduling constraints, there will be some mismatches. I apologies in advance for when I tell you to hold that shit.

We will likely stop pools at top 4 of each pool, if there are 4 pools. Meaning Finals will be a Top16 tournament with 8 winners and 8 losers.

Ruleset:

RPS for choice of 1P or 2P

2P Chooses Stage and Music, Training Stage is Soft Banned

2 out of 3 Rounds

Double Elimination

Loser can change character, stage is re-chosen by loser

No Unlimited Characters

Pad macros allowed, macro enabled controller not so much

Pre-registration list

1)

FINALLY this has been confirmed lol.

I'm going to EVO and i'm definitely joining this thing.

James Xie to the rescue.

Guys remember the whole "EVO not including BB in their lineup" fiasco? Well I think it's time to show those fools at EVO what they've missed out on. Show up at the side tourney, guys. Also, check out GG while you're at it, it's a good game.

Yeah.. I didn't sign up for EVO, I'm only playing SkullGirls and Blazblue there, so they lost at least one entry, for sure.

Yeah.. I didn't sign up for EVO, I'm only playing SkullGirls and Blazblue there, so they lost at least one entry, for sure.

No problem with that, SG is hype.

I wish you all luck at EVO. Show em' what a dumb choice it was not to put this game in the lineup.

I'll be there for sure Xie, and I'll be sure to bring my 1000% level of hype for every match. Gonna make everybody wonder why EVO wasn't a main event. Can't wait to see everyone there!

Considering going. May I suggest an addition to the ruleset? Can each player be allowed to ban one stage as well?

Considering going. May I suggest an addition to the ruleset? Can each player be allowed to ban one stage as well?

I'd call it a bit unnecessary since I'm pretty sure the only stage people REALLY don't like is Training Stage. I don't wanna have people thinking we're playing Smash :3

I'd call it a bit unnecessary since I'm pretty sure the only stage people REALLY don't like is Training Stage. I don't wanna have people thinking we're playing Smash :3

I'm pretty sure he's thinking about the Relius stage haha.

Too much moving stuff.

I'm most likely going to be at Evo, and if I do, I shall try my best to make it to this.

If it wasn't almost a 1000$ trip for a side tourney I would have went, I was so hype to go after last year's but it died down quickly after all the news that I've read.

Nah man BIBI you gotta come and represent. QQ I'll be there. =0