Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Renvalt

New to BlazBlue, FGs, these forums, PSN, and.... well, just about everything modern to gaming

srsly how is he still allowed to post. oh to stay on topic... @OP well l already told you all l know on psn.... nothing much to add here :v:

In competitive communities you are often only valued for your success and what you bring to your team. I can totally understand what this guy is getting at. If you aren't performing at an acceptable level you are just not going to be accepted as a good community member unless you provide a really useful service. You are otherwise a burden to your team, to the community, and a waste of better players' time.

So, if you aren't making good enough progress or winning enough, I suggest you invest in some equipment and provide a service to the community. Otherwise, you sink or swim by success, and that means you need to get wins in.

No one likes a loser.

So umm...don't talk to anyone until you are winning under the radar a lot.

Yare yare daze...

I don't know many people who think this way in the fighting game community, generally just don't be adick and people will play with you. I play against beginners all the time,and we have fun. It can even help bring your subs up to par. Just disregard this post...

Oh, and if it means anything, I'd play against you if I had PSN and a copy of CSE. I'm totally free at CSE becuase I hardly ever play it, it'd be fun.

Don't listen to Star Demon, he has a "can't do" attitude and an inferiority complex. You'll just end up like him if you take that attitude.

Winning mentally is half the battle (if that makes any sense).

Losing hope halfway through a match is probably the worst thing you can do.

I know that you have said that you didn't buy this to "sit alone by yourself" but you should seriously hit Challenge mode, if you haven't, and training mode. Not ALL the time mind you, but it's good for getting better at your inputs, combos, and blocking.

You'll probably get the best experience and improvement from playing online though.... I'm sure there are some people around here with PSN who would be more than glad to throw down with you.

I'd play a few matches with you but I don't have PSN.

I know about improvement by playing online firsthand, when I first got CS the only bang combo I knew was 2B>626B and repeat, sure progress was slow; but I went from that to actually doing combos, learning mixup, and finally being a decent Bang, just let people teach you thing, watch high level matches, and you'll catch on and learn what to do, good luck.

Thanks guys. I understand now where the majority of my errors were at - I was playing for the acceptance of others instead of playing to satisfy my own desire for strength. Because of this, it made me "feel" as if I had to be #1 within a matter of months - and it was bringing me down.

Instead of worrying about the length of time it'll take me to get as good as, say, Airk or Psy, I should instead worry about whether I'm happy progressing at all. Perhaps in understanding just where I want to take myself and WHY I want to go there, I'll find what it is I'm looking for.

In competitive communities you are often only valued for your success and what you bring to your team. I can totally understand what this guy is getting at. If you aren't performing at an acceptable level you are just not going to be accepted as a good community member unless you provide a really useful service. You are otherwise a burden to your team, to the community, and a waste of better players' time.

So, if you aren't making good enough progress or winning enough, I suggest you invest in some equipment and provide a service to the community. Otherwise, you sink or swim by success, and that means you need to get wins in.

No one likes a loser.

Seriously?

Thanks guys. I understand now where the majority of my errors were at - I was playing for the acceptance of others instead of playing to satisfy my own desire for strength. Because of this, it made me "feel" as if I had to be #1 within a matter of months - and it was bringing me down.

Instead of worrying about the length of time it'll take me to get as good as, say, Airk or Psy, I should instead worry about whether I'm happy progressing at all. Perhaps in understanding just where I want to take myself and WHY I want to go there, I'll find what it is I'm looking for.

>me being used as a standard of goodness< :sweatdrop:

For the record, it has taken me since the launch of CS1 to reach my current level of mediocrity. :P I don't play every day or anything though.

Just don't expect to be Spark in a day or even a year and you'll be fine. :P

Edit: Oh, and in spite of Star Dragon's BS, believe it or not, this is a pretty darn welcoming community - as evidenced by the number of people chipping in on this thread, for one thing. You don't need to be good at the game, you just need the following crucial things to be accepted here:

#1) Don't be an ass.

#2) Have a vaguely accurate assessment of your own skill level. Don't go around claiming to be a BlazBlue god when can barely combo.

#3) When you go meet people in person, take a shower first. :P

#4) Uh...profit. :P

No one likes a loser.

This sort of attitude doesn't have any place at all in beginner mode or dustloop in general. Enjoy your infraction

another thing, losing shouldnt really bother you at all, haha.

I mean, someone has to lose every match right?

im pretty sure you arent the protagonist of your own e-sports harem anime (sorry, its me)

A lot of new players (sometimes people who have been around for a while) have a certain...mindset towards losing?

Like they shouldnt be losing at all, or it really weighs down on them. Thats really silly.

Especially coming into the game so late, expectations to win more often than not are a little far fetched! Dont worry about it, just play to improve.

also PSR IS EVERYTHING

No one likes a loser.

tumblr_lxldixNnbw1qj71q9.gif

As for the original poster, take this advice to heart. Play anybody and everybody. No matter if the connection is good or bad. No matter if they're good or they suck. Play everybody you come across because that gives you more exposure to different kinds of players. Some of the good players will give you advice if you ask for it, so it doesn't hurt to ask if you feel that the other player was really good. Heck, ask people here, too. It's part of the reason why these forums exist.

But yeah, over time you'll learn to control yourself in matches with more exposure. Nobody was a born natural. Nobody. Everybody went through the same phase that you are in right now.