Sign in to follow this  
WolfCrimson

BB3 Wishlist thread

Well, seeing how the GG boards have a wishlist thread, and seeing how it's civil and nice, I thought it might be a good idea to make one for BB as well. (Mods, if you think this is a bad idea, feel free to delete this,

you tyrant dictators

:kitty: )

I'll start with a few general gameplay changes I want to see:

- Chip damage to have more significance in matches. As it is, chip damage is verrry weak, you barely notice it, I wonder why the devs even included it in the game? GG does it pretty well.

- Overheads in general need to be faster. Well, the slower ones do at least. BB overheads are somewhat slow (even though I get hit by them sometimes), I think it'd make the game more intense if they were faster (with a few exceptions, like Jin's 6A).

- New mechanic that makes the game more intense, hopefully something like FRCs or FBs from GG. This is actually pretty likely, because, well... this is an ArcSys game.

And I'd like to see two non-gameplay changes:

- Make the character's moves animate a bit better.

- Make the goddamn hitsparks smaller. Something like GG's hitsparks' size would be nice.

Edited by WolfCrimson
Grammar

All of the above suggestions sound great to me, especially the chip damage one.

On a character specific wishlist I really wish Ragna would get something to make his mix-up at least a little bit more dangerous. A command grab or something that allows him to do more ambiguous cross-ups would be nice.

All of the above suggestions sound great to me, especially the chip damage one.

On a character specific wishlist I really wish Ragna would get something to make his mix-up at least a little bit more dangerous. A command grab or something that allows him to do more ambiguous cross-ups would be nice.

Because clearly Ragna is having trouble winning right now because his mixup just isn't good enough?

I like the idea of making chip damage larger - it adds some extra importance to using barrier appropriately.

I disagree that overheads need to be faster, as, apparently, even high level players still get hit by them.

I don't really see anything good coming of this thread, however.

Guilty Gear has a wishlist thread because there's a rumored rebalance coming out. In addition, as the game is well-aged, we have plenty of insight into how the game can be rebalanced. Blazblue 3 is not even on the horizon or known about, in addition there may be major system overhauls. So that's why there's no BB wishlist thread.

That said, keep it clean, keep it smart, and this thread can stay open.

I'd love to see FRC's in the game too, it'd be really cool, though it may mess up that whole beginner friendly vibe BB has going for it. Though FRC D nails would be amazing. However, if FRC's have any real to game play, there would need to be greater meter gain. However, as supers are more prominent in BB's gameplay that may be bad. Giving supers a larger cooldown period (you know the time you don't gain meter as fast) could make them less spamable while also increasing the meter gain to augment FRC's. Meter gain doesn't need to be as great as in GG though, because barrier has it's own gauge.

I myself would love to see the throw tech window reduced, and/or removing the gigantic exclamation points. I'd also like to see forward and backward teching enhance so they aren't punishable by everything. I like the idea of having multiple tech options, but neither of these are very useable, neutral tech is about all you can do.

FRCs work well in GG and BlazBlue has WAY faster and more consistent meter gain, without having to use that same meter for defensive options. BB would probably do okay.

Then again GG gives you meter for walking forward, so I may be off-base there.

FRCs work well in GG and BlazBlue has WAY faster and more consistent meter gain, without having to use that same meter for defensive options. BB would probably do okay.

Then again GG gives you meter for walking forward, so I may be off-base there.

Really? I didn't notice this. Playing GG I always have meter, but with BB I don't have much unless I'm always instant blocking. Though I'm not quite as familiar with GG as BB.

Because clearly Ragna is having trouble winning right now because his mixup just isn't good enough?

I like the idea of making chip damage larger - it adds some extra importance to using barrier appropriately.

I disagree that overheads need to be faster, as, apparently, even high level players still get hit by them.

I don't really see anything good coming of this thread, however.

I'm well aware of how good Ragna is right now in Extend. I'm just trying to think of how Arc System Works might or could change and/or balance him out (especially since I'm assuming most if not all characters will possibly get new moves in the next game).

That being said, I'm no expert player and I'm simply just making suggestions. So take what I say with a grain of salt.

restart option in versus and netplay(why no one fucking did it?).

and Celica A. Mercury%)

427px-Celica_A._Mercury.png

lol at Ragna bad mixups, he have best crossup, fuzzy guard after 6B RC and other. He just needs some meter for mixups.

Edited by kotokot

restart option in versus and netplay(why no one fucking did it?).

Yes please.

Another aesthetic change:

- Elemental attacks (like Jin's freezing moves, Tager's Sparkbolt, and moves that "burn" like Bang's D attacks) should cause that flashing color thing on the opponent ... err, like in GG, it's like when you hit with Gunflame the opponent flashes orange/red to show that he's on fire, or when Ky hits with any of his electricity attacks causing the opponent to flash dark blue/purple. Gives these kind of attacks more visual impact.

P.S. Please don't start any argument about characters here. Keep it smart and civil, like Amadeous said.

Aesthetics:

1. New character select screen art or formation.

2. Kokonoe, Saya, Jubei and some new guy as playable characters.

3. Tsubaki wearing her black attire + color palette.

4. New color palettes for everyone.

5. A system voice by another guy.

Game-wise:

1. New system, remove the primers and change it to something else. No not guard libra plz.

2. New technology for the game like what they did for the bursts, guard primers.

3. Tager getting a magnetism bar.

4. Rematch option.

Aesthetics:

Game-wise:

1. New system, remove the primers and change it to something else. No not guard libra plz.

2. New technology for the game like what they did for the bursts, guard primers.

4. Rematch option.

Those sound like very good options. But doesn't Tager have a meter already for Spark Bolt? Unless you mean magnetisim in general? That would be nerfing him, right?

Idk, it works both ways I guess. I usually lose track if I get magnetized (yes I'm blind and can't see the shiny sparkles ;u;) and I'm not sure if Tager players count how many seconds have passed for magnetism but that's just me. :< Then again, the dropping of the combos due to lack of magnetism doesn't happen so often (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) so myeah.

Aesthetics:

to add to this, would love to see the colour of all her D moves changed as well, though I think they most likely will.

Kind of silly giving her the dark/evil theme and then keeping the effects of her charge moves and charge gain moves the same :V

All I need is Kokonoe, please Arcsys, pleeeeeeeeasseeee. :<

Also get all the old english voice actors back, some of the new CSE ones are terribad. (looking at you Bang)

Gameplay

-FRCs.

-Make overall game speed faster.

-Make controls smoother, at least so it's easier to do super jump cancels, dash cancels, "slide" inputs, and IADs easier on pad.

-Improve netcode as closely as possible to match Soul Calibur 5-tier netcode.

-No more bullshit filler modes like Legion and Abyss. Only Arcade, Versus, Score Attack, Story, and Online.

-Make Team Battle single-player accessible via Versus.

-Add in a Tournament mode for both online and off.

-Make EX modes.

-Add in Shadow palettes

Aesthetic

-Bring back CT's lifebars, or make new ones.

-Tsubaki's black colors from story mode should be selectable.

-Bring back CT's announcer, or bring in somebody that's pleasing to the ears.

-Make all announcers voiced by the Japanese VAs unlockable, not paid DLC.

-Same with colors, Unlimiteds, and any other extras that are not characters.

-Bring back all CT/CS1 voices except for Hazama, keep his Extend VA and re-record all of his lines over the old one accordingly. Now he can actually be Gin.

Character specific stuff will be edited in later.

Expand on the Bloodedge scenario (and maybe make him playable?) and have a Tomokazu Sugita announcer (I'd pay cash money for that!)

General

-Color Palette Editor

-Rematch Option

-Online Training mode

-Better Training mode

-Better netcode

Gameplay

-Faster gameplay

Edited by StarGazer

-Make controls smoother, at least so it's easier to do super jump cancels, dash cancels, "slide" inputs, and IADs easier on pad.

I think this is just me but thanks to BB's 5-frame buffer, I find these inputs to be pretty easy to do. I wouldn't know how smoother would be like since I always thought smoother = more sensitive = more accidental inputs? Again, this is just me.

Expand on the Bloodedge scenario (and maybe make him playable?) and have a Tomokazu Sugita announcer (I'd pay cash money for that!)

I'm half wanting novel stuff into the game as the other half tells me that it's going to kinda make more inconsistencies. And yes, Sugita announcer. ALL MY MONEYS. I want a Tager announcer in all honesty tho. :<

• Improve netcode for online Versus
  • Improve Training Mode
  • Add a rematch option for both online and offline Versus mode
  • Expand the options for Team Battle and enable it in offline Versus mode
  • Add a color palette editor
  • Add Jubei as a playable character

I am sick of your shit ArcSys, I have been waiting nearly three years for this character. My signature has not changed since I first registered for this website.

Aesthetics:

Game-wise:

4. Rematch option.

I basically agree with everything Michi mentioned, I would also like for the game to be faster. As far as playable characters go all I want is Celica A. Mercury, all others are sort of expected now from ASW.

-No more bullshit filler modes like Legion and Abyss. Only Arcade, Versus, Score Attack, Story, and Online.

Why would you want less content? It doesn't hurt the game in any way and adds some extra content for single player.

--

Stuff I'd like to see in no particular order:

-Kokonoe, Jubei, Torakaka, Phantom, Saya.

-At least 2 brand new characters.

-New stages + new music + new colors + new announcers.

-All the previous stages still selectable even if they are going to be in Ikaruga. Just let it work like Tekken stages where you press up or down to select the other set.

-All previous colors still included unless they go as far as making new sprites for some of the characters.

-Color Editor.

-All previous announcers included.

-All previous songs included.

-Have at least one actual English announcer available, it's not like they can't plan and include that ahead of time.

-Endless Lobby for netplay.

-Tournament Mode for netplay.

-Use the Danisen ranking system, as seen in Tekken + Virtua Fighter, instead of some arbitrary number that is more easily manipulated.

-Quick Match actually function properly, if you select Quick Match it should automatically search for a room to join NOT bring up a list of rooms to pick from that should just be available for Custom Match (or name it something else).

-Get rid of ground tech rolls or at least give certain attacks completely unrollable knockdowns / oki.

-Give Bang his Unlimited form teleports, except let them be faster.

-Lower Litchi's/Rachel's/Noel's/Tsubaki's health.

-FIX ARAKUNE!!!!

-New Distortions for characters or at least some characters.

-New Astrals in addition to the current ones.

-Increase in overall damage or decrease in health or whatever other means to speed up the flow of the match. Matches tend to take a pretty long time by comparison to other games, makes it less exciting.

-Rematch function offline at least, menu should just come up saying Rematch, Character Select, Exit (or include Button Settings as well). If they could get it to work online as well that'd be cool, it would come up if there's just 2 people in the room, if not it goes to the lobby for the next match.

-Carry over CT reconstruction and do a CS reconstruction for continuity of the story within the game. There IS an actual decent story to this game unlike some fighters, so it'd be good for any new players as well just extra bonus for returning players.

Outside of the game itself to help promote the next game:

-Make an anime series, no joke. It would help increase the popularity of the game I'm sure and the game/story is perfect for an actual interesting anime.

-A good limited edition version. They are usually pretty good with the limited editions, but it would just be good to make sure there is one.

-Please no DLC, or at least do it in such a way that people don't feel like they are missing out on content they should already have. Take all the time needed to make the game complete as possible. Fighting games should be able to sustain themselves for an extended period of time, so there shouldn't be much of a hurry to pump out a new BlazBlue all the time. This would make it seem much more like a new game and not just a new version of the same game.

-More events like BlazBlue Revolution, if possible.

When you guys say "faster" gameplay, do you mean reduced hitstop to make the game feel faster, or all moves having their total frames decreased to become faster?

Edited by WolfCrimson

[*]Improve netcode for online Versus

[*]Improve Training Mode

Vague suggestions are vague. What sorts of things do you want to see? (P.S. Netcode won't fix your bad internet).

The one thing that I want to see in training mode that I can think of off the top of my head is the ability to set counter-hits to "Random" so that I can practice hitconfirming into CH combos.

-Endless Lobby for netplay.

What does this mean exactly? To me "endless" is just the SF4 version of "player match" in BB.

-Tournament Mode for netplay.

SSF4 had this feature, and as best as I can tell, no one used it after like a week when the novelty wore off. Of course, the 8 man max or whatever it was probably didn't help.