WolfCrimson

Netplay Connection Improvement Guide

Even that won't change it from NAT 2 to NAT1 AFAIK.

The only way you're gonna get NAT 1 is if you're directly connected to your Modem.

That's what I did...

Sorry, but that's not what you SAID you did. You said you put an IP on port forward. That's different from making it static and assigning it to the PS3.

If all you've done is assign an IP, then you need to do port forwarding. If you've only done port forwarding, you need to set up a static IP. Your original post only indicates you doing one thing.

Sorry, but that's not what you SAID you did. You said you put an IP on port forward. That's different from making it static and assigning it to the PS3.

If all you've done is assign an IP, then you need to do port forwarding. If you've only done port forwarding, you need to set up a static IP. Your original post only indicates you doing one thing.

Oh, okay. I think I know where I went wrong now.

Honestly, PSN is just really bad when it comes to connection determination.

On xbox it takes a few seconds for each and every room to be done with the connection determination. Getting a room where it never does so is really rare, unlike PSN.

Okay, I set up the Static IP, but now my PS3 won't connect to the internet...

Hrm. All I can think of is that you need to exclude that IP from your DNS range, or you might get an IP conflict when the router/modem/whatever gives that IP to another system as well.

So... I've got wireless connection, but my router is right next to my gaming system, and I am rarely if ever below 100% signal strength. So I want to know, is it still worth it to bother setting up a wired connection, or will it not really make an improvement?

So... I've got wireless connection, but my router is right next to my gaming system, and I am rarely if ever below 100% signal strength. So I want to know, is it still worth it to bother setting up a wired connection, or will it not really make an improvement?

If it's next to your router anyway, why not just plug it in? All it is is connecting an Ethernet cable and isn't much trouble :)

OK so I'm trying to make BB playable on my PS3, but its been a long road.

I set up a static IP adress and put my ps3 in a DMZ like the original post said. I have a NAT type 2 after doing that (even though I already had NAT type 2), but literally every room is at 0 bars when I try to play people. I can't join most player rooms or play ranked matches due to connection restriction, and so far every room I've entered with no connection requirement has kicked me for having zero bars without even letting me play to test it out.

2949069536.png

Here is what my speed and stuff looks like on my laptop with a wired connection and no one else on the network.

When I plug that same ethernet cord into the PS3 and run its connection test, however, I get 17Mbps down and 4Mbps down. Is this normal?

Anyways I'm open to suggestions on how to fix this because I really want to play with some of the people on PS3.

I for some reason can never seem to get this set up right. I tried doing that DMZ thing for my system and my router and I couldn't connect to the internet through my system or my PC. Then I tried to open the ports, but it said all had already been opened despite me being unable to find them. I honestly don't know what to do now.

Edit: and tried the static IP address. That just denied me from ever connecting.

Edited by Solless

One point I think needs to be made is part of the problem is U.S. internet quality in general.

It could be much, much better if they'd put more money into it.

I'm not much of a technician so best I can say is go wired, run only your PS3 when playing, and I have never had lag caused by a mic.

Oh, and your internet speed goes down based on how many people in your area are online. Extremely lame, imo.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

I guess the lobbies have lag as well because there's some days where the connections are good, and other days they're crap.

my nat type is type 2 already and I've never done any configuration on the router. I still have to create static IP and try to open ports to improve the connection?

my nat type is type 2 already and I've never done any configuration on the router. I still have to create static IP and try to open ports to improve the connection?

It... kinda does, I did the theory myself, still get a bit of lag at times.

Two things I know that can reduce or prevent lag:

1) MTU: This option (avaible through manual net settings) is for setting the correct size of packages that your PC or console sends, otherwise there will be fragmented packages (spikes, lag and incorrect inputs)

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/94721-mtu-limit-test-change-your-connection-s-mtu-limit.html

2) Stable DNS servers: A DNS server connects you to other people or sites, "disconvering" IPs adresses and keeping the conections. If the DNS servers you have aren't stable (or even dead), there will be a lot of problems when trying to connect to someone else and keeping the conection stable, because of package losing.

I use "DNSBenmark" to see which of my DNS servers are stable (and faster): https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

For good DNS servers, there's the OpeNIC project: http://www.opennicproject.org/

I tried experimenting with different values for the MTU in the PS3, and 1452 gets me pretty good results.

I need more people to test it to see if it's really an improvement.

I tried experimenting with different values for the MTU in the PS3, and 1452 gets me pretty good results.

I need more people to test it to see if it's really an improvement.

Does it work for any service? Or just the one you have?

Does it work for any service? Or just the one you have?

Usually the MTU should be the same value for the PSN and your PC. I've reading about it latetely, and the ammount of things you have to consider to choose the best MTU (not the biggest) makes is a bit confusing. Right now I'm using 1488 (my ISP gives me the service through PPPoE that allows for 1492 as maximum).