Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spirit Juice

Sol vs I-No

Matchup Statistics:

Openers:

Okizeme:

Punishes:

Counters:

Anti airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

Char specific details:

-- Member Submitted Info Section (if valid).

What's the actual ratio here? I know this might be a good matchup for Sol since she's often airborne, but Chaz's (mynusdono) I-No gives me a hard time. Half of it is because I really don't know this matchup very well, and I know even less about I-No herself. The other half is Chaz being the awesome player that he is. :P So, could anyone contribute? Just trying to get the ball rollin'.

-FD break when you run in if she does a note especially if she does a FRCed note. -AA her depends on what she does. In a sense you have to bait her. 5K is good but it loses to her dives. That's where VV comes in. VV beats all of her aerials moves(VCL, air OD). -Grand Viper beats her ground OD so if you see it coming (on the ground) GV. In the air, FD. -The normals you should use are 5K/2k/5S/2S/5P/2P -Her mixup is way better than your's. FRC on the ground throw, wallbounce on the air throw, her dives are overheads. Pressure from Notes FRC and CL FRC. -She can be thrown from all of her dives. The match up isn't easy on either sides.

i don't think this match up is 5:5, i believe 5.5:4.5 Sol Advantage (I-no good moves v Sol only Notes, HCL & VCL)

Her mixup is way better than your's

Sol has VV by god sakes! :v:

For instance....? I-no will try to cover her advancement with Notes and HCL. I know VV stuffs all her aerial moves. VV is used to beat her CL's and her dives and her j.D. Outside of that the timing can be strict and risky.

the timing might be stricht, but the terms risky was works on both side, whenever I-no try to mix thing up w/o notes protection, she was always in danger being vipered anyway buffering the vv was works to reduce the risk on sol side and keep him safe on blocking state

No smart I-No player is going to use jD without comboing into it or using it as a blockstring guard break. Also if they do throw it out there as a luanch youre priority should be blocking the follow up (including an ariel tech hit for a guard bar reset)

I'm finding a hell of a problem breaking out of her pressure once a good I-no player has me cornered. I'm not too sure if it's my reflexes or that I just don't know anything about I-no, but the guardstun doesn't really let me get anything in on her, plus on occasion fuzzy guard sets in and I get boned regardless. Anything I can kinda 'throw out' to get out of a pressure string?

You gotta FD her out. Only Note and HCL FRC can lock you down enough. If she dashes back in you can airthrow her out but problem is that Sol jumps is little high so she can can airthrow you too. And you can try 5K and VV but a blocked VV is really bad. And 5K loses to j.D if I-no does it after you start 5K. You're a Sol player; you don't need tension badly. I find that often people tend not to FD. It's pretty damn good. A solid option. Random tidbit: Fafnir can CH HCL. Sol's hitbox I suspect is lower when he does Fafnir so it goes under some attacks when he advances forward.