Sign in to follow this  
rtl42

General Audio/Video Help & Request Thread

To avoid cluttering up the Links thread, I would like everyone to use this thread for posting up any requests for combo or match videos that you may be looking for. Before asking, though, do a quick search of the AC Video Posting thread to double-check that the video you're looking for is still available. Otherwise, feel free to make a polite request for what you're looking for and (hopefully) someone around here will get back to you soon.

In addition, if you are having problems with viewing or getting access to currently available CMs and/or matches, post here -- with as much relevant detail as you can give -- about what seems to be the problem. Just saying, "I can't see X match video," doesn't give me much to work with if you want me to help you.

Here's a quasi-FAQ list -- please peruse and try out the suggestions before posting for help:

Setting up FlashGet for downloading (match) videos:

As for FlashGet, once you have it installed, go to Tools > Options:

flashget_options.JPG

Then under the 'Connection' tab, change 'Max simultaneous jobs' to 1:

jobs.JPG

Click 'OK'.

Now, go to the original GIGS page, right click the file you want, & choose "Download using FlashGet'. A window will come up that looks like this:

000snap062.JPG

1. Choose the folder you want the vids to be saved to

2. Change 'Split file' to 1

3. Click the 'Save as default' button

4. Click 'OK'

Now that everything's set, you're good to go. From here on, you need only right click the link, choose 'Download using FlashGet', then click 'OK' in the box that comes up. Hope that helps.

Known site-specific problems:

- For any site that has its videos uploaded to Globetown.net:

The trick is the referer page. It has to be coming from globetown.net. If you don't know how to set the referer on a download manager, just do this with a webbrowser (I used Firefox, should work on IE though.)

Step 1: Copy video link to clipboard from GGN

Step 2: Go to globetown.net

Step 3: Paste video link into address bar and push enter

- When downloading from MegaUpload, if the filename comes up as a bunch of letters & numbers, rename it to whatever you like with the .rar extension (ex: filename.rar), & it should extract fine. (Thanks to Sir Plus.)

- A lot of Japanese sites (in particular, sites that have files stored on the page.freett.com server) will not let you download a file by left-clicking on the link -- you will usually end up with an error/404 page. To remedy this, try the following steps in order until you successfully download the file:

1) right-click on the link and select "Save Link As..." or the equivalent option;

2) right-click on the link and select "Copy Link Location" or the equivalent option, then paste (CTRL+V or right-click -> Paste) the copied URL in the address bar, then hit "Enter";

3) give up and politely ask someone here for the file :lol:

- To download videos from YouTube with FireFox, there is a plug-in on the FireFox website that allows you to do so; otherwise, you can google a search string like "YouTube Downloader" and you should be able to find some kind of FLV player/downloader.

The one that I used to use is video.qooqle.jp/dl -- it's very straightforward and hasn't given me any problems at all. However, it's been on "maintenance" for a while now...

The ever-popular FILEBANK

- Please refer to this post and this post for downloading from FileBank using Internet Explorer, and this post for a guide on how to download from FileBank using FireFox.

- For downloading from Miu-Act-1000.seesaa.net:

1) Download the batch file ( ".bat" ) and the parts ( ".00#") into their own folder.

2) Open up Notepad. (It's under Start Menu -> Programs -> Accessories.)

3) In Notepad, open up the batch file. (Note that when you go to File -> Open and browse your directory for files to open, you will have to set it to view "All Files", not just ".txt" files. You can set that in the pull-down menu below the text field.)

4) Delete any lines that start with the word "echo".

5) Save the batch file (to the same name and same place).

6) Go back to the folder containing the batch file.

7) Select and run the batch file. (A command-line MSDOS window will pop up and run the batch file, putting together the parts into one movie.)

8) Watch movie.

9) Enjoy.

If it still doesn't work, it may be because you don't have the latest Divx codec . (Thanks to Sir Plus and bluekaiser.)

And to get things started off:

C-GOD's Venom Combo Exhibition Volume 1.0 is not there.

Anyone have it?

I think BioLogIn will be posting up most of his Venom CM collection within a few days, so check back at the Links thread for the next couple of days. Otherwise, I'll see if I can hook you up :cool:

acdhell, I think you should just wait for trag to post the rest of the Slash files he's getting in the "New XXS Videos!" thread. And I'm pretty sure that if anyone had Slash videos with Testament, they would have posted it up already! :)

acdhell, I think you should just wait for trag to post the rest of the Slash files he's getting in the "New XXS Videos!" thread. And I'm pretty sure that if anyone had Slash videos with Testament, they would have posted it up already! :)

THX.

Just wondered if there are some GGXX/ vids from IRC.

(cause right now i dont have irc access)

My external hard drive recently lost all data, so I lost 25.6 gigs approximately of GG vids. Little by little, I'm trying to piece it all back together. If anyone wants to make almost ANY video available, it's much appreciated. For now, maybe:

Johnny : WindwayWalk, Fog Parade, Reason, Sonic Blade, The Final (original or slightly re-done one, Not another side cos I have that)

Baiken - The old teiou video with the Metamorphosis song

Ino - Any of the original videos from Hover's site. Think there were about 4 or 5 vids and 2 vids with the air super fall glitch and the buffered air super from a ground dash. Also some of the old Fuku vids, such as a short one with trance-ish music and a female singer. Fuku match vids are great too.

Dizzy - The EDEN video that was recently up, got replaced by a match vid

Ky - Rosier

Anji - I had one vid that was just called Anji.wmv I think, music was "Anbaransu na Kiss wo shite". Really nice vid.

Zappa - recent nightmare combo vid.

I also lost ALL a-cho, Carol, Haitoku E-su, Korean GGXX#R theater, old Gro__ vids from Taigaa's site, etc., so if anyone wants to zip some up and upload, that'd be appreciated. Thanks to rtl for all the help so far.

for those of us who can't read japanese, how do u purchase it..?

-KDX-

I got mine from cdjapan, but I believe play-asia has all the SBO3 dvds.

the #r dvd is excellent and I highly recommend it. imo vs n-otoko = teh winz0rZ

I don't know if you guys already got some of these from someone else but i'll put them up anyways maybe if another wants to get them.

Johnny : WindwayWalk, Fog Parade, Reason, Sonic Blade, The Final (original or slightly re-done one, Not another side cos I have that)

Fog Parade

Reason

The Final

If anybody could upload Windway Walk and Sonic Blade that would be cool cause i don't have em either.

Baiken - The old teiou video with the Metamorphosis song

Teiou Baiken

Ino - Any of the original videos from Hover's site. Think there were about 4 or 5 vids and 2 vids with the air super fall glitch and the buffered air super from a ground dash. Also some of the old Fuku vids, such as a short one with trance-ish music and a female singer. Fuku match vids are great too.

Hover Limit

Burst

Overrun

Fuku Matches

Those are the only combo vids i have of him but i think there are a couple more. Not sure which fuku combo vid you are refering to, i would need a filename.

You might already have these but there are 4 matches in Fuku Matches, two of them using Ino and two using Testament.

Dizzy - The EDEN video that was recently up, got replaced by a match vid

Don't think i have it, if someone wants to upload it, would be appreciated.

Ky - Rosier

Rosier

Anji - I had one vid that was just called Anji.wmv I think, music was "Anbaransu na Kiss wo shite". Really nice vid.

Anji

Zappa - recent nightmare combo vid.

Nightmare

I also lost ALL a-cho, Carol, Haitoku E-su, Korean GGXX#R theater, old Gro__ vids from Taigaa's site, etc., so if anyone wants to zip some up and upload, that'd be appreciated. Thanks to rtl for all the help so far.

You can find Carol and Haitoku matches using the links on rtl's Video Links thread but if you really want more, i have the Carol g12-17 vids also, right now they only have g18-24 on the site.

Could someone please show me where to get or send me c-god's second video.Thanks in advance for any help.

Hope you were talking about this vid:

C-GOD's THE UNHOLY ORDER VENOM VIDEO

Can anyone upload or send Eddie's cm from Teiou please..? ive lost mine..thanks to some spyware...=.=

Teiou Eddie

Time and time again, the C-God vid stops downloading.

Would resume for a while, then it for some reason kills the 200 meg progress

I had and starts over. And download accelerator is crap.

How do I finish loading that monster?

I'll try to d/l it to see what's up but the file uploaded fine, should be something wrong with YouSendIt. I think you can use a d/l manager (i use FlashGet but DAP should work also) and start d/l the file from the beginning, then if it hangs up and kills the d/l, see if you can resume it but if you can't, then go back to the link and d/l it again but continuing on the same file. If people have trouble with it i'll just encode it to .avi and make it smaller cause 400mb is huge!!

Ditto.

You wouldn't happen to have any vids of Slayer (combo or Match) would you !? :drool:

Check the video links thread, has a lot of combo vids for Slayer including Dr. Koo's collection which is a must have, if you want anymore or looking for a particular vid i can check. I'll have to go through my match vids to find Slayer matches but i'll edit this post later and let you know if i can compile some of them.

Edit: I'll upload a .rar tomorrow with some matches which i'm currently looking through

Sign in to follow this