Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sibladeko

Arcana Heart

Hmmmm..............

I </3 the character design and the game looks slow!!

I HATE IT!!! I WANT IT TO DIE!!!

and knowingly you saying that.. you still gona play it aren't you? :p

It does look hella slow. In that regard, what the hell then balances Kira? I mean, aren't heavy/powerful characters supposed to be limited by their speed? Cause it seems in this game, everyone has an equal rate of slowness.

Yeah it's fairly slow. Kira does look pretty stupid right now. Also VERY derivative and boring. 3x levels of SPD, Nitro Hook style throw, Heat Knuckle style throw, Final Atomic Buster throw. I wonder which move has 1-hit super armor and moves forward. This is actually the first time in a long time I've looked at a cast for an upcoming fighter and not thought anyone looks interesting at all. Mei Fang is the only character I have even remote interest in and she doesn't look very exciting as of right now.

I don't know, I find the cast pertty interesting myself, and like I said the game doesn't seem astonishingly slow to me. To me it seems like a moderate speed, really.

when the game comes to this corner of the world, I'll be playing your baby. *evil cackle*

Cancel Super into Super. Good times. With 9 super bars I don't know how that won't end up being silly. Apparently you don't even need 1 bar to activate Super Heat Mode, I've seen someone do it with 0. It SEEMS to increase damage overall but it might depend on the card you choose. You also seem to get all of your boost bars recharged when you activate it. Being able to just escape combos that frequently seems ... eh... Well, maybe there's some extra requirement on it that we don't know about. Attack clashing is pretty much verbatim Guilty Gear style. Apparently on the HnK style blowback attacks, there is guard point (or at least on the Miko).

i think there is even one arcana ability that lets you heal your life it seems ><or is that character specific special o-o? who knows XD

Not really interested myself, but I thought I'd tell you guys Saweki (Youtube guy who posted the first GG:AC vids) has a bunch of vids from the fourth location test for this game.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=saweki&page=1

"Read first post, is not difficult."

Also I don't see people breaking out of combos with arcana that often honestly, so there has to be some limiter there, perhaps on when you can actually do them (i.e. mid combo vs on the ground activate)

Yeah I'm pretty sure there must be some limiter to it. But activate seems pretty safe as of right now, I've seen people attack on their way down from it. I don't mind honestly, as long as they aren't stupidly safe/good and just add to mid-combo mind games like Burst. (Edit: Yeah I see them get punished more now that I'm looking for it, they are unsafe, just not as stupidly unsafe as Burst is in GG). This game's systems do seem really cool, I'm just still not digging the moves-set. The card abilities seem alright, but the character moves for a large part just feel very canned. Maybe I'm just sick of the "loli girls emulating characters/moves from other fighting game series" after Queen of Hearts & EFZ. I'm beyond sick of the 'Buster' throw being in every fucking fighting game ever made. Seriously, you could write a list a mile long of all the fighting games the Buster throw is in. Edit: I updated the first post a little bit. I might add more later, I might not. Someone tell me what those Arcana's names are. Okay well it looks like in addition to getting new moves and supers with your Arcana, you also get an "overdrive" super. I guess you need to be in activated mode in order to do it, and it drains all remaining bars you had left. The fire-fox Arcana, for example, gets all this new stuff: Air Fireball (diagonal Downwards), Ground Fireball (diagonal upwards), Close range fire stream (air/ground), Super Fire Explosion Attack (short range blast, does a LOT of damage, maybe dashes forward like Mishio's?), Super Fire Stream Attack (like the normal but bigger), Firefox summon overdrive super. So yeah, you get a lot of new shit with your arcana choice. Effectively you get 2 new specials and 3 new supers with the Firefox arcana.

The A+B+C "Arcana Force" aka Burst/Heat can only be used once per round. That's its limiter :p yes, it seems that even with no super bar you can use it O.o the overdrive that Gwyrgyn spoke of, the Arcana Blaze (236+A+B+C during AF), can only be used once per round too, of course. some translations (I think the names are right, but some of the arcana types might be wrong D:) 火のアルカナ - 「ランゴン」 = Fire Arcana - Lang-gong 風のアルカナ - 「テンペスタス」 = Wind Arcana - Tempestas 土のアルカナ - 「オホツチ」 = Earth Arcana - Ohtsuchi 愛のアルカナ - 「パルティニアス」= LOVE (lol!) Arcana - Partinias 雷のアルカナ - 「ヴァンリー」 = Thunder Arcana - Bhanri 樹のアルカナ - 「モリオモト」 = Plant (?) Arcana - Moriomoto 闇のアルカナ - 「ギーァ」 = Darkness Arcana - Giia (Giya, Gyya?) 水のアルカナ - 「ニプトラ」= Water Arcana - Nibutora 魔のアルカナ - 「ディウー・モール」= Black Magic Arcana - Deiu Mooru (?) Well, not all of them, but they're the most used arcanas till now ^^'

I swear Saki has bigger boobs in the scan and in game art. Oh please don't turn this to Arcana bubz or something. Looks like ko-hatsu will be aving some vids of the full game at the end of this month.