Sign in to follow this  
sibladeko

Arcana Heart

Has there been any news on when AH2 is coming out? I've been paying so much attention to BB I almost forgot about it, but AH2 was at AOU, too.

I played this for the first time the other day. I can't describe how ghey i felt for playing this game for about three hours straight with five other guys. And yet i couldn't stop playing it for some reason. The game is horribly addicting and it took a while before we actually swapped this game out for mvc2. :8/:

just fooling around with Saki BB 2a2b2c,hc6,5a5c,iad j.b,5b5c... <- i'm stuck at at this 5b since the target can tech out the combos and i'm pretty certain i already do the lowest possible iad j.b on it... any hint how i'm supposed to continue this combos

Small AH tourneys here in Pearl Harbor. Got a scene started out here because I'm tired of waiting to be deployed. That and I stopped playing AC since I had to go to boot camp last year, so it's been more than half a year since I played GG. AH seems somewhat easier... I guess is how I'd put it. Easier to get moves going. Stopped playing Saki, picked up Lilica after the comment of Etna on wheels... go figure. You really can spam that flash kick x3, do her flash kick super, dash in, repeat. That and people still get hit when I axel slide back then dash forward with her sweep special. On a side note, someone ever notice that Kamui looks a lot like Lyn from that GBA Fire Emblem? Right down the green ponytail and katana, and the dashing slice. (although that's just the designers being generic probably)

Dicking around with Konoha and Lang-gong in training mode: Corner vs Kamui: dash in, 2A, 2B, 2C, 623+B, HC6, 5B, IAD, j.B, land, 6B, JC, j.A, j.B, JC, dj.B, dj.C, 236+S, air dash, j.B, j.2C, 360+C Dunno how practical it is, but it looks hella sexy. Does just shy of 9000 damage (8964, I think). I don't really play this game, so if it's old and/or lame, you'll have to forgive me :psyduck:

Pretty old lol, in the corner you'll probably want to do a rep or two of her dashpunch loop to get damage before using your homing, or just do fire loop for a few reps. Air 360 ender is a lot nicer midscreen, in the corner you're probably better off just taking your j2C knockdown.

I'll just wait and go to FR D: and NEC We had 13 for Arcana at Evo. I think it can do better on EC, really.

I want to play it at Final Round, but it looks like it's just Arcana Heart 2. I'm not sure why they picked just the 2nd game. Most anyone outside of Japan has no experience with it yet. It makes more sense to just keep AH1 or at least run both tournaments.

I want to play it at Final Round, but it looks like it's just Arcana Heart 2. I'm not sure why they picked just the 2nd game. Most anyone outside of Japan has no experience with it yet. It makes more sense to just keep AH1 or at least run both tournaments.

Because AH2 is a billion times better than AH1 and even if you've never played it before you will like it more?

I'm sure AH2 is better than AH1, but there is a point in having the first installation present. Most of us have no way of actually practicing the second game beforehand. It wouldn't really garner much competition that way. I say do both. Of course, the American arcade version is out, so maybe that'll change.

SB3 AHF 1v1 results:

1) Justin (Lost to nobody) Kamui

2) Capps (lost to Justin x2) Heart

3) Noel (Lost to Capps x2) Kamui, Mei Fang

4) Meta (Lost to Frank and Noel) Liese, Fiona

5) Nappy (Lost to Capps and Meta) Lilica

5) Frank (Lost to Justin and Noel) Kira

7) Necrosis (Lost to Justin and forfeited to Noel) Konoha

7) DS (Lost to Ski and Meta) Lilica

9) Ski (Lost to Nappy and Necrosis) Konoha

9) BBHood (Lost to Frank and Noel) Lilica

9) Nekohime (Lost to Justin and DS) Heart

9) Nas (Lost to Capps and Meta) Kamui

13) Chopa (Lost to Nekohime and Necrosis) Mei Fang

13) Randy (Lost to Meta and BBHood) Lilica

13) Orka (Lost to Nappy and DS) Maori

13) Tiggy (Los to Noel and Nas) Lilica

Vids from SB3 AHF 1v1 2008-10-19:

SB3 - AHF - Nekohime v Chopa

SB3 - AHF - orka v NappyJin

SB3 - AHF - FranktheTank v BBHood

SB3 - AHF - Capps v Nas

SB3 - AHF - Chopa v Necrosis

SB3 - AHF - BBHood v Randy

SB3 - AHF - Nas v Tiggy

SB3 - AHF - FranktheTank v meta

SB3 - AHF - Nas v meta

SB3 - AHF - Noel v Capps

SB3 - AHF - NappyJin v skisonic

SB3 - AHF - Necrosis v skisonic

SB3 - AHF - Capps v NappyJin

SB3 - AHF - Nekohime v DS

SB3 - AHF - DS v meta

SB3 - AHF - NappyJin v meta

SB3 - AHF - JustinW v FranktheTank

SB3 - AHF - Noel v FrandtheTank

SB3 - AHF - Noel v meta [Pt 1]

SB3 - AHF - Noel v meta [Pt 2]

SB3 - AHF WinF - JustinW v Capps

SB3 - AHF LosF - Capps v Noel [Pt 1]

SB3 - AHF LosF - Capps v Noel [Pt 2]

SB3 - AHF GrandF- Capps v JustinW

Upcoming AHF tourinies:

-@ NEC, Philly, Dec 6,7

-@ Frosty Faustings, Chicago, Jan 3

Posting to recommend vids of me v skisonic and point out that I had to leave from Ohio for a 5 hour drive home, hence forfeiting to noel. I really wanted to play the match, but he was busy with marvel or something. also recommending pretty much anything to do with capps. some epic finishers, and capps generally playing really really well. ... for that matter, watch the whole thing. :v:

AH1 Question:

So I've always played as Heart for the most part but last night I decided to play as Fiona for a while and now I think I may change my mains. Thing is, I don't really know any of Fiona's combos.

I was using her 236A 236B 236C 360AB thing but then I realized the damage on it was pathetic. I fooled around in training mode a bit and discovered that a pretty high 214C can deliver some nice damage. In training mode I was starting with (3)C, so I need to know 2 things. What's her standard B&B and what is a good starter, that includes a laucher to setup for a 214C?

If you're not yet familiar with it, Fiona's Grand Divider (236A etc...) has "clean hit" properties. Essentially, you have to time the actual hit to be within a certain area to get a clean hit and maximum dmg. I don't play Fiona so I don't know the actual window for the clean hit, but I do know it's way harder to get a clean hit on the super version of the move than on the regular one. The dmg is EXTREMELY high and can result in an instant KO if done with steel powerups. (seen here at 2:50)

A basic Fiona bnb is:

2A-2B-2C->HC6-5B-(IAD)j.A-j.B->(land)j.A-j.B-dj.A-dj.B-dj.2C

or alternatively:

2A-2B-2C->HC6-5B-(IAD)j.A-j.B->(land)j.A-j.B-dj.A-dj.B-dj.C-dj.214C

As per your reference to 214C, I assume you mean Heaven's Fall (j.214C). The main issue with using j.214C is that it leaves you at no advantage. Sure you get decent dmg, but both you and your opponent recover at the same time and you're pushed away from them. I'd say to try and avoid using j.214C and go for j.2C.

However, if you still wish to use j.214C, just do:

Fire arcana (corner): 3[C]->5[D]-j.B-236D->j.C-236D->j.C-j.214C

For more Fiona info, I direct you to her page on the arcana wiki.

Sign in to follow this