Sign in to follow this  
Phrekwenci

Zappa Love+R (the theoretical AC+R thread)

Mmm, I hope this doesn't lead to an huge influx of Zappa players all riding on Raoh's dick :/

But celebrate guys! WE'RE TOP TIER.

Justice is bottom tier? It's B tier, but still. I'm liking this new tier list, OS and I-No are both up there now, and both are characters I've wanted to explore.

Zappa's too hard of a character to bandwagon. You have to put in a lot of effort if you want to actually take advantage of his S+ status.

Zappa's too hard of a character to bandwagon. You have to put in a lot of effort if you want to actually take advantage of his S+ status.

I've always felt Zappa was a really easy character to pick up and play, just hard to play intelligently since his goals are different than a lot of other chars'

The changes to the sword and faster Raoh combined with weaker dog will probably narrow this gap a lot and make him significantly easier to bandwagon as well.

We have some changes coming late January 2013:

Zappa

- [No Spirit] Mukade (236P)

* Has Counter Hit state

- [Dog] 2D

* Less blockstun

* Dog has increased recovery

* Different effect on the opponent on hit

- [Dog] 4D with Dog in the air

* Dog gets pushed back farther on hit

- [Ghost] Sonomama Kaettekonaide kudasai (236D)

* Increased recovery

- [sword] All moves

* Sword stays longer in a place after a move

* Sword's normal moves increase more Guard Gauge on block

- [sword] f.S

* Has initial prorate

* Less knockback

- [sword] 5HS

* Level reduced

* Less knockback

* Less damage

- [sword] 2S

* Level reduced

* Less knockback

- [sword] 2HS

* Less knockback

- [sword] j.S

* Level reduced

* Increased initial prorate

- [sword] j.HS

* Level reduced

- [sword] Ochitoite kudasai (623HS)

* No longer air unblockable

- [sword] Chikazuku to ikimasu (63214HS)

* Sword goes farther

* After the move, the sword stays in that place

* Level reduced

Sad times. I saw the list yesterday as well. Kind of makes me sad but the sword still looks like its going to be pretty strong. The dog nerfs still seem a little much but I guess it will be okay. Also it sucks that his summon no longer gives him orbs.

Zappa's DL wiki AC+R frame data is missing some info (like c.S (2,3) and 6S follow-up in Ghost stance). Somebody with mook access please correct it! =)

Zappa's DL wiki AC+R frame data is missing some info (like c.S (2,3) and 6S follow-up in Ghost stance). Somebody with mook access please correct it! =)

Do you know where the accurate info is?

In the mook i guess.

I don't know what that means. I figure when we actually get it to console then we'll get some frame data updates.

So much misunderstanding !

As a possessed one would say, "Daisuketeeeeee !"

Do you know where the accurate info is?

In the mook i guess.

I don't know what that means. I figure when we actually get it to console then we'll get some frame data updates.

A mook is an official book containing stuff concerning the game such as (and not always) sprites, official and legit frame data, story, character profiles, screenshots of each character movelist kinda frame by frame, interviews, etc.

Nonetheless sometimes you can still have a few mistakes in the mook. That's why you can see mentioned in the DL wiki "not in the mook" or such.

For AC/AC+R, we can say the mooks are :

- GUILTY GEAR XX ACCENT CORE BREAK ENCYCLOPEDIA

- GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS R A GAINFUL MATERIAL (version 1.01)

- maybe some Arcadia magazines too

I think the term MOOK comes from Magazine and bOOK, mix the two words and voilà, you get MOOK ! Not 100% sure about it though.

Mammamamamamamammaammaaaaa (^_^)b

Edited by Mitsurugi

Just read page 1...i suggest updating the first post with any other changes especially ver1.01..

what i found:

1-214D give 2 orbs in hit.. you can combo it to 236P if you close enough ..but you need to input it so fast..there a possibility for 3rd hit.

2-if the dog was behind the opp all his attack will push the opp toward you unlike AC.

Edited by Lynxfort

Just read page 1...i suggest updating the first post with any other changes especially ver1.01..

what i found:

1-214D give 2 orbs in hit.. you can combo it to 236P if you close enough ..but you need to input it so fast..there a possibility for 3rd hit.

2-if the dog was behind the opp all his attack will push the opp toward you unlike AC.

What do you mean there's a possibility of a third hit?

What do you mean there's a possibility of a third hit?

sorry for my bad english cuz i'm an african arabian..:roll:

what i meant the opp cannot tech.. here is an example ..

on wall 25% tension 2 orbs at least..

Qcb+d Qcf+p (Raou) Qcb+s.. on heavy characters you need to do the Qcb+s ASAP.

Edited by Lynxfort

sorry for my bad english cuz i'm an african arabian..:roll:

what i meant the opp cannot tech.. here is an example ..

on wall 25% tension 2 orbs at least..

Qcb+d Qcf+p (Raou) Qcb+s.. on heavy characters you need to do the Qcb+s ASAP.

Your situation won't work with only 2 orbs. To include Raoh in this, Zappa will need at least 5 orbs. Then the force break (214D) will give 2 orbs and knockdown. The summon (236P) will give 1 orb and OTG. Then Raoh will come out (5 orbs + 3 orbs) and you can Edguy (214S).

I don't know if it's still possible in AC+R because of the increased recovery but if the above works, wouldn't the P juggle combos work depending on the summon? See 5:38 vs Axl in this video.

Your situation won't work with only 2 orbs. To include Raoh in this, Zappa will need at least 5 orbs. Then the force break (214D) will give 2 orbs and knockdown. The summon (236P) will give 1 orb and OTG. Then Raoh will come out (5 orbs + 3 orbs) and you can Edguy (214S).

opps you're right ..

I don't know if it's still possible in AC+R because of the increased recovery but if the above works

You mean my combo ?? yeah it worked..cuz i have R.. and when i tried in AC the OTG 236P after FB it doesn't work well like R+..I don't know what you call it..it's the state when you hit the ground opp and he can tech immediately with very low damage for the last hit..

so this the FB.236P combo in both versions..

AC 36 techable .

ACR 50 untechable.

Also i tried to see what i can do after wall FB.236P for all summons found that 5P would work in all cases

e.g :dog .5p.8d..Triplet & Sword 5p.5S JC combos

With the Sword you can do 5S instead of 5p after 236P..

BTW

Look at the combo after 2:36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SadivBfRHjs&t=156

Edited by Lynxfort

I haven't managed to get my hands on +R yet, but anyone know if any of Raoh's j.normals are special cancellable?

Yeah, we're aware that the summon can OTG in AC+R now. So 236P after a knockdown will juggle and like shown in the video, you can cancel into all sorts of ridiculous stuff. The reason I use 5P is so that it gives me time to figure out what summon I have (because the move is universal to Zappa). Although, the new icons will probably help with that a bit.

And I can't imagine Raoh's j.normals not being special cancelable. I can't wait to see the new combos we get from that.

I haven't managed to get my hands on +R yet, but anyone know if any of Raoh's j.normals are special cancellable?

Yes...you can do stuffs like canceling JS to air 214S or JHS to air 236S and all the follow-ups will connect..

and regarding the 236P OTG everywhere( 7 orb) air throw 236P -Raou - 214S..(or 236S as oki tool ??)

Edited by Lynxfort

air throw 236P -Raou - 214S..(or 236S as oki tool ??)

Wait a second, you can 236S with Raoh after OTG summon? That sounds like the beginning of a beautiful combo.

Errr.. no..i meant something like Ky's 236D or testament's new EXE beast.. that why i said as oki tool..

Misread sorry. Also Valentine, I didn't realize but there's a snippet of a Raoh air combo with the air fireball in the Zappa Guilty Bits episode at 3:23.

Sign in to follow this