Sign in to follow this  
Phrekwenci

Zappa Love+R (the theoretical AC+R thread)

I don't have the game yet, so I asked Nikki to try that combo. I've been thinking about it since I heard you'd be able to cancel j.HS into j.DA =B

I believe there are so many possibilities for combos... although Raoh does less damage, that combo took 60% without meter... so... >=)

I think you may do j.HS, land, j.S, j.HS, DA, j.HS again before you fall to the ground. if so, you may be able to land and do 6HS > DA[K followup], dash, 214+S or something like that lol

As soon as I get my hands on +R I'll test more stuff!

I don't have much experience on zappa..so i want to ask..

is his 5H overhead is easy to block in reaction ??

That why i asked..i did that combo by coincidence..starts without any orb and ends withe raou..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gGp5yWzTfI

Also :

1-The first hit is this vedio is his HS which is an overhead .. you can also do another combo starts with low hit to the bite and super (2K or 6P. close S. far S. bite .super)..but it i didn't manage to do 236P otg..maybe other guys can do it better than me..

2- It's possible to do the bite then the super after throwing the opp to the wall..but needs to adjust the timing via range and character weight..

Edited by Lynxfort

Nice video, man! good to know that zappa can still summon instant raohs! Mukade (236p) fills only 1 sphere now, but that 4 sphere overdrive is sexy shiiiit =)

About the 5HS, I think it's kinda hard to block. I usually do 5P, 5D (dog), 5HS... but you can do with other moves that link into 5HS, like c.S, 6P, etc. the 5D is to help zappa to hide the 5HS animation, so it becomes tougher for the enemy to see the 5HS coming.

it's very good to do 5HS, FRC, 2K, 5D, dash, c.S, 2HS, followup.. does tons of damage and you can reset the combo with 4DD to keep the pressure :D

edit: although the dog got a bit nerfed in +R, I think it's still lovely! you don't use it as a bait as much as in AC, and since you don't have as many unblockables you need to explore all his moves further, and his positioning too!

Another change i noticed the dog's 6d (ground and aerial) and aerial 4 or 2d when any one of these moves hits airborne opp it will cause hard knockdown..6d send further..( which mean also it push the opp more toward you if the dog was behind him )..

and since the bite juggles in hit now i use the air 4 or 6 d to add more damage...

also you can use it with zappa's 6h..

Yea, this change was recorded in the update notes somewhere. I mentioned having an idea after the dog uppercut to do the 6D afterward in the corner to bring the opponent back down for another kind of combo opportunity. I need the game to test it though.

Yea, this change was recorded in the update notes somewhere. I mentioned having an idea after the dog uppercut to do the 6D afterward in the corner to bring the opponent back down for another kind of combo opportunity. I need the game to test it though.

I'm not really sure what's optimal, but I just tested this and it works. Because the Dog has standardized pushback on 6D and 4DD, it's a little more rare for it to be in range of 8D when the opponent's cornered, but you can easily set it up.

If the Dog is behind the opponent and you're a half-screen away, you can also 8D > 6D and easily catch the opponent coming at you through the air with 5P > c.S jc. etc... before they can tech.

Pardon the back-to-back posts, but there's one Zappa change that I've noticed that I don't really understand yet. Maybe someone else knows how this works:

Sometimes, when I attempt the 236D Ghost Toss in neutral, only the forward and downward ghosts will launch, even though I have all three ghosts on me. I've tried a bunch of different inputs in training mode in order to replicate this, but haven't been successful. It only seems to happen to me in the middle of a match. FML xD

Anyone know what is up with this? Usually when I input 236D, I'm banking on that upward Ghost coming out, and I've lost a few matches because of it now.

Pardon the back-to-back posts, but there's one Zappa change that I've noticed that I don't really understand yet. Maybe someone else knows how this works:

Sometimes, when I attempt the 236D Ghost Toss in neutral, only the forward and downward ghosts will launch, even though I have all three ghosts on me. I've tried a bunch of different inputs in training mode in order to replicate this, but haven't been successful. It only seems to happen to me in the middle of a match. FML xD

Anyone know what is up with this? Usually when I input 236D, I'm banking on that upward Ghost coming out, and I've lost a few matches because of it now.

It happens when Zappa's back is in the corner. I guess you can call it a glitch. It's never happened to me anywhere other than when I'm in the corner.

I've changed the title of this thread because we were talking about theoretical stuff since we didn't have the game until now. There's another thread for those of us who have the game and can weigh in on things we've tried and will work.

Talking theory, I was playing today and I think we need to rethink our playstyles. I think for the most part, we used to RTSD (rush that shit down) with Zappa for many reasons: dog corner rape, sword needs to be close to connect and ghosts were good for pressure and so on. I'm thinking we need to instead make the opponent come to us in +R. I think the purpose of the possessions now is to frustrate the opponent at the other side of the screen making them want to do something about it. I'm suggesting that we use our possession normals to irritate the opponent from far away and then when they finally evade them, we must be able to react to their approach to us (because instinctively, they want to hit us to remove the possession). So being ready to counter with the universal normal moves (5K, 6P, 2D in some cases etc) along with airthrows, slashbacks, dead angles could be the new way to play Zappa.

Thoughts?

Honestly that's always been the better way to play Zappa, and they definitely wanted to push that in his design this time. The thing is that rushing down just always worked really well because no one expects a random character have so many options in unique situations. But now we need to think more about our positioning, especially with the new dog pushback and sword.

I think the best way to approach a fight with Zappa is to be very very observant. Just watch how your opponent approaches, and shut them down when they attempt attacks-- Summon still works great against a lot of moves and you can throw it out to reaction on a lot of stuff. And of course, 5K, 6P, 2D etc. are all fantastic moves to use to counter stuff.

Eventually I'll be getting some streaming stuff set up. I need it for more things than just GG so it'd be a good investment, and I can record some stuff for Zappa. Will probably be a while though.

The way I mostly play Zappa is have people try to come at me. They usually end up running into crap especially with the Ghosts and Sword. I only rush down when the time is right. At that point its game over cuz his rush down is soo good.

Sign in to follow this