Sign in to follow this  
DaiAndOh

[AC+R] Venom Discussion Thread

a wild HEVEN emerges at 4:24

Seems like standard fare Venom play, tbh, not that that's a bad thing. Edited by Redefinition

Despite losing, I thought N-O was pretty effective in his match in the latest A-Cho vids.

It's just Ruu is so freakin unreal now....

What's the setup for that 3 ball spread? Or do you need the old formations to access it?

Despite losing, I thought N-O was pretty effective in his match in the latest A-Cho vids.

It's just Ruu is so freakin unreal now....

I think it's also coupled with the fact that Venom can't do any of the old big damage combos anymore. Even Maddo had to get creative. Hopefully they find good damage options soon. From the looks of it, they want Venom more to be a zoning/rushdown character so they took away his easy big damage options but gave him more overall tools in respects to rushdown and zoning.

Is the ball formation really different in AC+R? The 3-ball spread setup is K ball, P ball, dash 5P, summon any ball back in AC.

I think it's also coupled with the fact that Venom can't do any of the old big damage combos anymore. Even Maddo had to get creative. Hopefully they find good damage options soon. From the looks of it, they want Venom more to be a zoning/rushdown character so they took away his easy big damage options but gave him more overall tools in respects to rushdown and zoning.

Nah Venom can still do damage. Remember other character's health got buffed. He still has some pretty damn good damage, and remember Venom's damage is very much controlled by the guard bar. CRANK DAT SHIT.

Is the ball formation really different in AC+R? The 3-ball spread setup is K ball, P ball, dash 5P, summon any ball back in AC.

I haven't been able to test it because of life sadly, but Venom can use his pre-AC formations in ACR by pressing D after a summon.

20-ish minutes of Fino's Venom. Two mirror matches here, both vs. HEVEN at 4:56 and 16:52

Combo at 2:30 vs. Faust looks stylish as fuck. 2K > c.S(3) > 6K xx Pball > dash j.K > j.S > j.H > j.D (Hits ball) > 6K xx Hball > dash f.S xx Sdub xx warp > j.K xx H MS

Combo at 2:30 vs. Faust looks stylish as fuck. 2K > c.S(3) > 6K xx Pball > dash j.K > j.S > j.H > j.D (Hits ball) > 6K xx Hball > dash f.S xx Sdub xx warp > j.K xx H MS
Pretty sure it's not H ball, since H ball can't be hit by f.S. It's probably one of the old formations.

20-ish minutes of Fino's Venom. Two mirror matches here, both vs. HEVEN at 4:56 and 16:52

The combo starting from 2S at 6:08... I could not BELIEVE he actually picked that up...

Dang, Fino's picked up some tricks!

Edit: 15:53 Really?

Edited by Adelheid

Seems like the combo at 15:53 became invalid because he needs to hit the lightning ball at the same time to keep opponent in hit stun for the HS Mad Struggle to completely hit.

My personal favourite is the air throw FRC combo at 19:20. Now Venom can get a guaranteed knockdown off a high air throw with 25% tension plus a ball setup.

The combo starting from 2S at 6:08... I could not BELIEVE he actually picked that up...

Dang, Fino's picked up some tricks!

Edit: 15:53 Really?

Hah, yeah, I remember being super impressed at 6:08. Scary, scary shit.

Seems like the combo at 15:53 became invalid because he needs to hit the lightning ball at the same time to keep opponent in hit stun for the HS Mad Struggle to completely hit.

My personal favourite is the air throw FRC combo at 19:20. Now Venom can get a guaranteed knockdown off a high air throw with 25% tension plus a ball setup.

re: 15:53 I think that if he delayed the j.K just a moment, that would have comboed. Pot has a really fucking tall/fat sliding hitbox, so doing it too early made him hit Pot before the ball. Also, I'm wondering just how high Venom can be for that all to combo. I highly doubt that there's no maximum height to the air throw FRC combo, but it DOES seem like you can be REALLY high up there for it.

re: 15:53 I think that if he delayed the j.K just a moment, that would have comboed. Pot has a really fucking tall/fat sliding hitbox, so doing it too early made him hit Pot before the ball.

I'm uncertain. Looks to me like he may just be feeling it out trying to see what he can add there; it isn't really a longer combo than what he does to HEVEN at 17:34, where he hits the lightning ball and connects HS Mad Struggle but they tech before the flip.

I'm uncertain. Looks to me like he may just be feeling it out trying to see what he can add there; it isn't really a longer combo than what he does to HEVEN at 17:34, where he hits the lightning ball and connects HS Mad Struggle but they tech before the flip.

Combo at 2:30 is valid though, and it's more or less the same. Maybe it's Faust specific, but I imagine if he hit the ball vs. Pot it would be valid just because of their similarly enormous hitbox. I dunno. We'll have to see when we can practice ourselves.

Lots of new N-O action! A lack of new and exciting combos, but the overall play is strong as expected!

Is it just me or does the recovery for his moves seem better now? the recovery on Stinger especially seems better. Maybe it's just N-Os execution is on point but stuff that looks like it would've been punishable in AC, he blocks like opponents IAD over Stingers would usually be a punish.

As well, the hitboxes for his moves seem better for connecting with summoned balls.

Edited by sweetvids

Is there an in depth run down of Venom? Never played GG before.

Probably two things you should be looking at.

One is this article, and the other is this thread, or at least the first few posts. A lot of the information in the second link will be outdated come +R, but since it's not out on consoles yet, it's still relevant.

6K 16f startup

FB Stinger Aim -3 on block from point blank (rumors of increased recovery unsubstantiated!)

Tactics Arch 29f total recovery (compared to Ball Set's 26f) whatttttt

Okay, sure.

How accurate is this data?

It's taken from mook scans, so it's as accurate as one could reasonably hope for.

Any updates regarding those tutorial videos? Or do you plan on waiting until R patch gets released?

EDIT: Nevermind, I went back and saw this, I am, but I want it to be applicable for +R so I think it'd be pertinent to wait for the loctest to come out to confirm various things, so I guess it's a bit delayed...

My bad. XD

Edited by Kashell

Nah there are plenty of new Venom combos, N-O isn't doing them though. His spacing and Venom fundamentals are still really strong though.

Sign in to follow this