Sign in to follow this  
Nehle

AC+R: Dizzy Changes

Solid anti air? ... outside air grab / Back dash / certain character trying to air dash from more than half of the screen, i get killed more often when i actually try to anti air anything in AC.

Solid anti air? ... outside air grab / Back dash / certain character trying to air dash from more than half of the screen, i get killed more often when i actually try to anti air anything in AC.

2S, far S, jump S, jump P are all really solid moves for anti air.

News from 3rd loketest (from Shinjin)

Dizzy (src: Miyako)

- Opponent can no longer destroy bubbles by striking at them. They still disappear if Dizzy is hit. Self-exploding bubble mechanism still there

- 2D has slightly longer range.

- FB dagger has an FRC.

- Apart from that she is like the old loketest.

---

So it looks like this is the Dizzy we're getting in the final release. Maybe a few more tweaks but considering they barely changed her between tests it seems like they're pretty much decided on her. Nice with a few small buffs now. Bubble back on track for being slightly more useful, at least you can TK set a little easier again.

3rd loketest changes seem to be quite subtle.

The change to bubble stuffs from the 2nd to 3rd loketest is a noteworthy fix (opponent no longer able to strike at bubble to destroy it).

Other than that, 2D having a slightly longer range is nice.

FB Spear having an FRC is interesting though.

3rd loketest changes seem to be quite subtle.

The change to bubble stuffs from the 2nd to 3rd loketest is a noteworthy fix (opponent no longer able to strike at bubble to destroy it).

Other than that, 2D having a slightly longer range is nice.

FB Spear having an FRC is interesting though.

subtle as it may be but the bubble change is awesome :toot:

At least it will feel like old dizzy but with newer buff and tool. FB spear frc, I smell a strong combo potential outside of frc ice spike. 2d slighter longer range? maybe its for 5hs 5D gatling to make it not whiff on standing or without a dash momentum?

subtle as it may be but the bubble change is awesome :toot:

At least it will feel like old dizzy but with newer buff and tool. FB spear frc, I smell a strong combo potential outside of frc ice spike. 2d slighter longer range? maybe its for 5hs 5D gatling to make it not whiff on standing or without a dash momentum?

I hope it's to help with 2k as a long range poke. IIRC that has issues linking into 2d right? Those changes sound great!

I hope it's to help with 2k as a long range poke. IIRC that has issues linking into 2d right? Those changes sound great!

Yeah, especially if your knockback is increased since earlier by something like 2p 2p or whatever. I guess it's also meant to help with the new 5h > 2d gatling, which means better midscreen oki from 5h > 2d rather than 5h > 236H.

Nobody knows just how much further it reaches of course, but hey, all range increase is an improvement.

With bubbles back to their normal selves I really feel like this could be the first time Dizzy has been clearly buffed across the board without significantly gimping some other aspect of her game in return.

At least since #R, I didn't play any GG before that

I am tentatively hype, but less tentatively than before

http://www.twitch.tv/joniosan/b/332937159

Some Dizzy gameplay stuffs:

1:16:55

1:39:25

1:58:40

2:01:55

2:06:50

2:09:55

Notes/Observations:

- Opponent hitting Dizzy to disarm bubble looks to be pretty troublesome at times.

1:59:40 - I saw one instance of wallstick but no follow-up opportunity because opponent was able to tech afterwards and it was long-ranged.

2:08:44 to 2:08:46 - FB Spear can potentially 'stall' an opponent in mid-air if all three projectiles hit them while they are blocking it. It could be possibly used alongside other present summons (bubble, fish/laser) to force a particular scenario to occur (anti-air, maybe mixup?)

I'll probably check out another video later to see if there are some new Dizzy stuffs being featured.

ElvenShadow's (Faust player) observations on Dizzy:

As far as my own observations, I don't remember specifics about fish and lasers, but the D ice spike is really useful and annoying to deal with. It hit's from about 3/4 screen away, so I really have to watch out for it while for away from Dizzy and trying to set up items. It caught me off guard a lot. Auto exploding bubble is a nice bonus for Dizzy. I used to be able to just wait the bubble out but now I have to really be careful about not getting hit by it while dodging other crap if it is on me. FB knife comes out fast and does a lot of hits. It doesn't seem amazing but is a quick full screen homing pressure tool.

I'm starting to see the benifit of wall stick HS laser,

since this happens often to me with oki > 5k 5hs 2hs 236HS > HS laszer, thus I tend to lose my KD sometimes but in this case the wall stick might be a new oki combo ending with ice spike > laser wall stick then add xyz combo e.g. f.s ice spike. Beside that D version ice spike was enough to get my hype and no more Venom/Faust out zoning me lol.

2012/9/25 GGXX AC+R Mikado Random 2on2 Part 1

Kishimoto(Dizzy), Soma Heart(Jam) vs Satou(Johnny), OSCA(I-No)

(match starts at around the 1:35 mark)

1:47 to 1:48 - Gatling Combo with 5H > 2D; 2K > c.S > 5H > 2D

2:06 to 2:09 - Okizeme scenario into wallstick combo; (ranged KD) > 214H > 236D (launch) > (H Laser wallstick) > dash 236D (launch) > (H Laser followup wallstick) > 236D (whiff due to distance)

2:12 - FB Spear attempt stuffed/punished by JO's j.S

2:22 to 2:23 - Anti-Air bait/counter scenario; H Fish Summon > (JO kills fish while in mid-air) > FB Spear (utilized as a reprisal attack)

2:39 - Appears to be a long-ranged 5K > 2D hit-confirm.

2:43 to 2:46 - Okizeme scenario; (ranged KD) > 214H > 236D (launch) > (H Laser wallstick attempt, only knockback though) > (dash/air-dash push/carry to corner) > (H Laser followup) > blockstring

3:08 to 3:10 - Ranged punish scenario; 421S (delay) > (JO blocks the attack in mid-air, then lands on the ground) > FB Spear

4:20 to 4:21 - FB Bubble disarmed by JO hitting DI with a coin attack.

4:22 to 4:26 - FB Bubble summon delayed into auto-explode scenario.

Onokoshi(Dizzy), Takuya(Faust) vs Ain(Ky), TK(Slayer)

(match starts at around the 8:13 mark)

8:44 to 8:45 - Whiffed 236D at long range (most likely, a long-ranged Ice Spike sniping scenario).

9:29 to 9:30 - Punish from long-range with FB Spear (against KY's SE startup).

9:47 to 9:48 - Ranged anti-air/counter scenario against corner; (KD near/in corner) > 214H > (KY jumps to evade H Fish Laser) > FB Spear (utilized to punish the jump-out).

9:52 to 9:53 - Punish from long-range with FB Spear (stuffs KY's SE at mid-range and goes through it to hit KY, KY likely used SE to punish FB Spear at range).

9:59 - FB Spear attempt punished during it's startup by KY's air tech > air-dash j.K (follow-up attack).

=====

2012/9/25 GGXX AC+R Mikado Random 2on2 Part 2

Nage(Faust), Saragi(Anji) vs Hiraoka(Ky), Natsume(Dizzy)

(1st match starts at around the 11:08 mark)

12:34 to 12:37 - HD Fish Summon Okizeme in corner; it's kinda hard to tell but I think D Fish does a 'hard hit' on block due to the sound of the hit impact.

(2nd match starts at around the 13:15 mark)

13:29 to 13:30 - Looks to be a hit-confirmed 2D off of a long-range 2K on block.

13:33 to 13:36 - Ranged battle stuffs; 214H > 236D > (H Laser) > 236D (hit for long-range punish) > P Fish Summon follow-up.

14:01 - Looks to be a hit-confirmed 2D off of a long-range 5K on hit.

14:07 - Possibility of a follow-up scenario after wallstick from H Laser against an aerial opponent?

=====

2012/9/25 GGXX AC+R Mikado Random 2on2 Part 3

Uchizawa(Dizzy), Teresa(Jam) vs TK(Slayer), Ain(Ky)

(match starts at around the 0:20 mark)

1:52 to 1:54 - Crossover Okizeme with the D Fish Summon; it does a 'hard hit' on block, which possibly means that it's a Lv 5 move, or something.

Edited by Kurokun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc2TTRSU0ts&t=8m53s

I noticed in this match that Dizzy combos 2K into 5H on a standing character without counterhit. At least that's what it looks like anyway

well it is more obvious from the next combo which was 2p>2k>5hs>, all combo-ed, so that would confirm it wasn't on conterhit. A good change since I tend to go into that 2k 5hs habit and cry when it doesn't combo for a character like dizzy.

Edited by zaeris

I'm really excited about her new combo paths as they should theoretically fix the issues I've always had consistently hitconfirming her combos.

2k 5S is pretty good but whiffs on crouchers and sometimes f.S comes out when i don't expect it to (or vice versa). 2K 2H whiffs a lot because 2H always likes to fail at the worst possible moments depending on the width of the opponent's hitbox. 2K 2D always works but if you are too close your icespike will appear behind them and not hit, and doing 2D > icespike in AC isn't that easy since you have to do the goofy jumpcancel shit to get it to work at all.

having options like 2K > 5H and 2D being special cancellable without jumping through hoops should make her basics a lot less annoying in general.

I'm still curious whether 2K has more hitstun or 5H is faster to make that combo possible.

2K 2D always works but if you are too close your icespike will appear behind them and not hit

Well, if you're unsure 236H will hit, you could just do 214x. Hell, that's what I often see players do in both AC and +R vids.

And the jump cancel cancel isn't really that hard, at least in my experience. It is annoying, but as long as you can get the timing down, it should be easy to do pretty consistently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=423EPxdVO0A&feature=youtu.be&t=58s

Looking here, does Imperial Ray got some invul on start up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULQB0J6wO9I#t=51m25s

51m25s, she gets smacked out of it as usual when Axl hits her feet

I would say either maybe some upper body invincibility at most, or perhaps in the above video Slayer was doing mappa feint

@1:39 ... Probably 2s indeed got Buffed or HOS j.H got nerfed... i'm playing HOS a little bit and i'm almost certain on vanilla AC in that situation I'll nail j.H ch on Dizzy.

Sign in to follow this