Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YoYoCheese

Injustice: Gods Among Us

So what's the impressions on the demo? It felt a little bit slow and I had some trouble throwing out special moves, mainly the back forward ones. Other than those minor gripes the game's pretty fun. I like how the AI actually starts to put up a decent challenge on hard.

I don't care for the pace of the game either, and the animation is awful, but the movement feels a lot smoother to me than MK9. The movesets are pretty interesting, I like the ability to FB/EX moves after they come out. I like the fact that so many normals are safe on block, but since nothing seems to be jump/dash cancellable and the gatlings are arcane as hell, pressure feels pretty stale to me. I'm not sure how well rushdown characters are going to do once everybody learns how to block, especially given how much damage projectiles seem to do in this game.

Overall, it's a mixed bag for me. I'm more impressed than I thought I would be, though.

lol it's better than MvC1 Gambit standing H infinite.

And it's not that you can't button config that's bad, it's that the default layout is trash.

HAving H where your thumb is on a stick is fucking dumb, and Trait where Assist 1 is for MArvel.

Yes i know in game you can change it, so it's not bad right? WRONG. Because it's their default, they made GRAB 1+3 aka Light + Heavy, like street fighter. So for any SANE person who changes the buttons to be like BB, LMH on top and TRAIT where the thumb is, GRAB will be 1+3 STILL, imagine breaking grabs like that all the time. Yes you can macro a grab button, but on stick it'd be one of the two extra side buttons, that's dumb and far away to be breaking grabs.

Their idea of putting H where your thumb is, and making grab 1+3 is all stupid and inconvenient.

It wouldn't be as bad if 1+Trait was grab, like Soul Calibur, or 2+3 is grab like BB. But NO it's Light + Heavy

Meaning i'll be playing this game on pad, meaning any and every event better be on PS3

Played the demo of this game, I wasn't too happy with it. MK or anything by Nether Realm just isn't my thing I guess.

they made GRAB 1+3 aka Light + Heavy, like street fighter.

Street Fighter throws are light punch + light kick, so I don't know what you mean light + heavy = SF throw.

Street Fighter throws are light punch + light kick, so I don't know what you mean light + heavy = SF throw.

Look at both game's default layouts:

LP MP HP

LK MK HK

vs

L M E

H T X

(from left to right) the first top and bottom buttons initiate throws in both games, that's what he meant.

Honestly the (default) scheme isn't bad to me, it's pretty much like playing SNK or Tekken (Tag). It is a bitch to play on my sticks since 2 of the 3 have L1 and L2 as the first top/bottom buttons.

But I find the overall design asinine as you pretty much need to play with 7 buttons because you need "R2+L2" to do supers, and it doesn't looks like there's any real way around this because EX attacks are dedicated to a separate button [which I find kind of dumb] so even if you could set a macro, you STILL need 7 buttons.

Overall I'm not really feeling the game, there are a few design choices that irk me, but I'll reserve judgement on the proper release.

after messing around for an hour or so, I gotta say it's a lot better than MK9 but it's still pretty ass considering all the hype. Also I really wish they would change Batman's fighting stance; looks like such a jackass. I still haven't really gotten used to canceling normals into specials though, do you just special cancel as fast as you can or do you have to link it?

One thing that is pretty fucking awesome and thoughtful of them is that they put each character's full frame data in their move list when you pause the game.

after messing around for an hour or so, I gotta say it's a lot better than MK9 but it's still pretty ass considering all the hype. Also I really wish they would change Batman's fighting stance; looks like such a jackass. I still haven't really gotten used to canceling normals into specials though, do you just special cancel as fast as you can or do you have to link it?

One thing that is pretty fucking awesome and thoughtful of them is that they put each character's full frame data in their move list when you pause the game.

All cancels in the game have to be negative edged, meaning you need to do them early in a string. This is only specific to the demo though, as you can turn the negative edge system off in the console release, making it more like BB/GG/SF.

All cancels in the game have to be negative edged, meaning you need to do them early in a string. This is only specific to the demo though, as you can turn the negate edge system off in the console release, making it more like BB/GG/SF.

It makes me wonder why the heck they took out the options to make the controls more like traditional 2D fighters in the demo. IMO, keeping them in would have helped make folks used to those feel more comfortable with the game.

I don't understand all the hate for this game, in fact, it's actually wonderful!

i don't understand all this hate over the default control layout, it's actually pretty fine and i've had no problems whatsoever with the game (only at the beggining though)

i just thought i should share some stuff i found that is pretty intresting:

the game doesn't have roman cancels, but it has something similar, it is known as a bounce cancel and you have to use 2 bars from your super meter to activate, it actually cancels your combo into either a wallbounce or groundbounce allowing for follow-ups, it is done by pressing the meter burn button and doing a QCF motion for ground-bounce and QCB motion for wallbounce.

you can pushblock by holding the meter burn button while blocking( uses a full bar).

there are four bars for the super meter, the first one is really easy to get, the second is also easy, the third and fouth bars are harder to get though (a strange choice of design) you get more meter by getting comboed then comboing your opponent, the first one who hits gets one full bar of meter.

hit trades are in this game, unlike MK9, double KO'S are probably almost impossible in a real match since the are extended matchs for people who knock each other out at the same time.

you can dash-cancel your heavy forward and heavy backwards move, you can use one bar by pressing the MB (meter burn) button to give your self one hit armor.

you can press the MB button while using an interactable to give yourself one hit armor, there is also more than one use of an interactable with a gadget character, for example: batman can press the interact button near the batsignal to wall jump, however, pressing interact and down near the batsignal makes batman set an explosive on the bat signal and destroy it , or he can press the interact button and forward when the enemy is close to smash their head at the batsignal.

interactables are unblockable.

press heavy and back near the edge of a stage for a stage transition.

clash can only happen in your second health bar, you activate it by pressing RT forward or A forward on the xbox controller while getting comboed to break the cobo like bursts, if the one who does the clash wins the wager it regenerates their health, and if the other person wins the wager, they deal extra damage.

I also suggest that you don't turn off interactables and stage transitions, the interactables add a whole new layer of depth to the game and change your metagame completely, they also help you with zoning, combos, additional damage and getting in, and even gives you unblockable resets.

Stage transitions are your only way to take a breather and strategize since there are no pauses in between fights.

All the Frame Data

ALL CHARACTER MOVE LIST + FRAME DATA

So seeing as the command list shows frame data for every single move, I compiled all of the images for ALL of the moves for ALL of the characters, and put them into separate .pdf files. I also popped in a picture showing what button layout I'm using. You can access them here, enjoy folks.

Click Me

you can change the MK style motions in the game into street fighter motions by going to the BUG-ME1 menu (press triangle on batman in the character select screen ) and press up 3 times, right 1 time, down 1 time and then press X, this is only available in the ps3 version though.

press all attack buttons plus meter burn to do a super in an arcade stick, and pressing all 3 attacks at once does a stance flip.