Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YoYoCheese

Injustice: Gods Among Us

You're entitled to your opinion, and while I don't agree with it, I can respect it.

But you've got to be kidding about the rest; Cassandra has no personality!? Have you not read her comics!? Easily one of the most complicated Bat-characters until the birth of Damien, but she's not just a angsty brute, she also has genuinely fun adventures and moments, also her under reliance on words makes her comics more thrilling because they're more visual than written, and as much as I love a good quip, a strong facial remark or body language is just dandy. And Stephanie unappealing? In the "Dark Age" her presence is a breathe of fresh air, the best thing about her is the fact that nothing extremely bad or traumatizing happened to her, she gets to be an enjoyable and likeable character for...being an enjoyable and likable person.

Also Cassandra remained highly popular after becoming Black Bat, and Stephanie was popular before becoming Batgirl as THE SPOILER~! In fact the biggest grievances of N52 related to the Bat-family (outside of Tim Drake seemingly skipping straight to Red Robin) is the complete deletion of both of these characters, almost no one was excited to see Barbra and if Gail Simone wasn't at least a good writer and built off the past hype of Killing Joke, no one would care (in fact it's the biggest complaint about the book, it's solid, but now Barbra has lost all her interesting facets of her personality and is just Batman 63). (Also Cassandra has the longest running Batgirl solo series)

Barbra has been at the height of popularity due to the Killing Joke and instead of being wiped off the board became Oracle instead.

i never said that cassandra didn't have a personality, she doesn't speak much which is why i said that, in a fighting game, she can't express her so called personality because she can't show it with body language, personally, barbra has a better personality to me because she makes a lot of clever, humorous retorts and remarks and she exudes personality all around her like dick when he was robin, i personally find that more appealing than what cassandra has to offer, because we already have batman.

and even though stephanie and cassandra are both respectable likeable characters that i and many comic book fans like (except stephanie, poor girl doesn't get recognition most of the time), you've got to admit that barbra is the most famous and popuiar, everybody associates batgirl with barbra, she's appeared in the adam west live action and cartoon shows, in batman : TAS, in the batman, in animated movies, in young justice, and in several videogames, the only places in which the other batgirls got recognition and exposure in media is stephanie as a cameo in young justice.

also, i'm surprised nobody mentioned that ed boon has made an unofficial voting poll for who you want as dlc , containing red hood, zatanna, swamp thing, dr fate, static, blue beetle and others, with dr fate apparently losing and red hood leading, vote as many times as you possibly can through different computers and browsers.

vote for red hood ! we have to get as many bat characters as we possibly can ! let's get mr freeze, poison ivy, the penguin and let's not forget batwoman into this game ! #becausewedonthaveenoughbatmancharacters

Can't speak to the others, but it's a travesty Poison Ivy isn't in the game. She could have such interesting zoning options.

At least she's represented on the stage and with Harley's item, unlike Atrocitus or Larfleeze (who aren't even in the unofficial DLC poll).

i never said that cassandra didn't have a personality, she doesn't speak much which is why i said that, in a fighting game, she can't express her so called personality because she can't show it with body language, personally, barbra has a better personality to me because she makes a lot of clever, humorous retorts and remarks and she exudes personality all around her like dick when he was robin, i personally find that more appealing than what cassandra has to offer, because we already have batman.

She can speak, she just doesn't run her mouth for miles, also if a 3D-animated video game can't express her visual personality more than a comic can, then these are sad times indeed. Also I've never seen Barbra as the quipster, more like a capable brain, I think Stephanie definitely has the most mouth of any 3 and emits more of the Robin (Dick Grayson, and to me more so, Tim Drake) persona than Barbra ever has (in fact Batman pretty much fired her from being Robin because he didn't have time for another loose cannon, but he still had faith in her abilities). Also Barbra has lost all her fun shades since N52, she's more like Batman (personality wise) than Cassandra ever was, especially with Death of the Family and that stuff with her brother.

Also personality aside, I feel Cassandra had more to offer gameplay wise than any of the others (especially since I feel they did Batman a great...INJUSTICE in this game!), she could've been a more melee focused character with a wealth of command normals, using the grapple hook mostly for movement (WEB SWING!), also her trait could've been counter focused to coincide with her abilities, she could've been much like Hakumen in this regard. Maybe even reflecting back projectiles rather than making them when she counter enemy fire (I seriously hate Injustice zoning, just saying).

and even though stephanie and cassandra are both respectable likeable characters that i and many comic book fans like (except stephanie, poor girl doesn't get recognition most of the time), you've got to admit that barbra is the most famous and popuiar, everybody associates batgirl with barbra, she's appeared in the adam west live action and cartoon shows, in batman : TAS, in the batman, in animated movies, in young justice, and in several videogames, the only places in which the other batgirls got recognition and exposure in media is stephanie as a cameo in young justice.

Ok...this isn't even fair...

Of course Barbra is the most popular in extended media content, first off she's been Batgirl longest, having first appeared in the late 60s and holding on to the "title" until the late 80s with Killing Joke (but actually having stopped being Batgirl long before then) and for 20 years there simply was no Batgirl until Cassandra was given the title in the early 00s (because Huntress never earned it, she assumed it only during No Man's Land. Which was painfully brief and cause outright fan outrage). Having no other persons to project the identity on to (and in the long attempt to prove the comic industry isn't misogynistic) Barbra was obviously used as Batgirl in the Adam West series (based in the era of her debut) and the Animated Series (airing just a little under a decade of Cassandra's debut as Batgirl and going off the air for the most part still a year away). Had Justice League went on, and more specifically I feel Young Justice since it depicted many aspect of the DCU not many other shows poked around in while still establishing their own canon, I feel Cassandra would've appeared since she has been a member of both. And yeah, since you mention Stephanie's cameo in YJ:TAS it's possible that past S2 Stephanie was a shoe-in since she was coincidentally saved by Batgirl (Barbra) and Robin (Tim).

Cassandra and Stephanie's biggest issues are appearing in the "later years" of Batman and DC's lives, a section which very few shows get to cover due to the stagger amount of leg work to get there requires, also I feel that Barbra herself hadn't truly become popular as Batgirl until the mini-series Year One in 03, which was more to introduce new readers to Barbra's life before Oracle and to build on the hype of the Batgirl property that Cassandra was able to resurge. Also there haven't been any "BIG" DCU media projects (mostly 1-shot animated moves) with arguably DCU Online being the most ambitious which does indeed feature Cassandra (also she's in Lego Batman and was in Dark Tomorrow)

vote for red hood ! we have to get as many bat characters as we possibly can ! let's get mr freeze, poison ivy, the penguin and let's not forget batwoman into this game ! #becausewedonthaveenoughbatmancharacters

Batwoman has so little to do with the Bat-verse it's almost a crime, I would like to see more syndication with the other titles but here we are after 3 major crossovers (Court of Owls, Death of the Family, and Requiem) and nothing on all fronts, in fact they're practically FORCING Batman into the book by trying to pit the two against one another. Heck they wouldn't even let her join Batman, Inc. :\

Also while I seem to be in the minority, I wouldn't mind a Batman focused fighter since I feel Bat-verse has the most richness of any other corner of the DCU, which is why I love it. Also DC = Detective Comics, so it's his world, everyone else is just guest starring in it (⌐■_■) )

#unpopularbatopinions

You guys think this is legit?

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/rumor-second-injustice-dlc-season-pass-leaked.32302/

According to a new leak (the same source that leaked Lobo/Batgirl/Zod/Scorpion), data on the 2nd seasonDLC was found to include Martian Manhunter, Red Hood, Power Girl, and Sub-Zero.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of any of them, though I know Martian Manhunter is popular. I'll be very, very disappointed if any MK characters make it into the game, because NRS should be distancing Injustice from MK as much as possible. I have a sinking feeling all of the leaks are accurate, though, considering how easily this kind of data gets found nowadays.

You guys think this is legit?

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/rumor-second-injustice-dlc-season-pass-leaked.32302/

According to a new leak (the same source that leaked Lobo/Batgirl/Zod/Scorpion), data on the 2nd seasonDLC was found to include Martian Manhunter, Red Hood, Power Girl, and Sub-Zero.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of any of them, though I know Martian Manhunter is popular. I'll be very, very disappointed if any MK characters make it into the game, because NRS should be distancing Injustice from MK as much as possible. I have a sinking feeling all of the leaks are accurate, though, considering how easily this kind of data gets found nowadays.

I think it's legit. I hate how they keep enforcing the 3 males - 1 female ratio they've got going on, for whatever reason. I'm actually fine with MK characters, as long as they're cool characters. The only one I'm not fond of is ... Scorpion, the one coming out soonest supposedly. FML.

On one hand, I'm glad we're getting so many DLC characters because it gives more diversity to the cast and it allows for frequent patches to update glitches and bugs and if need be, balance changes. On the other hand, I don't want to buy three more season passes and spend a total of $100+ to play IJ in its entirety.

I understand that they want to make the most popular MK characters playable, but couldn't they at least put more thought into planning this in advance? Adding Scorpion when we have so many characters with grappling hooks makes about as much sense as adding Sub-Zero when we have Killer Frost. Though the latter at least doesn't have as much competition as the former.

J'onn is a given, the rest are meh.

If I wanted to play MK vs DC I would play... MK vs DC, just sayin'...

Also does this imply hat (like many got upset about last time) that the polls are total BS? I don't want Red Hood unless you make him without his guns ' ^' also ugh Powergirl is another wasted slot, and everyone's just going to bitch about her looks once they make her and seeing how that's the only thing people like about her... After picking up JLA (N52) I'm even more OK with Manhunter, he has the most potential for an interesting and varied moveset (and my god, does Nether Realms lack imagination, so maybe he can change that). Also I can't help but feel Killer Frost was added as a test character for Sub-Zero now lul [if we needed another ice character give me Captain Cold lol).

To be fair, Killer Frost and Sub-Zero are nothing alike, aside from the fact that they have moves involving ice.

and a slide and a counter that freezes

Subzero rarely uses the parry, only having it in like three games, Sub-Zero is alot more oriented around Oki, Punishing, and Zoning than Frost is. Hell they both even use the slide differently.

Kind of sucks being a hardcore DC comics fan, so hard to be satisfied with these rosters especialyl when the Batverse hogs so many spots.

Subzero rarely uses the parry, only having it in like three games, Sub-Zero is alot more oriented around Oki, Punishing, and Zoning than Frost is. Hell they both even use the slide differently.

Kind of sucks being a hardcore DC comics fan, so hard to be satisfied with these rosters especialyl when the Batverse hogs so many spots.

I think Frost rarely uses the counter. And i also don't care how they actually play, MK characters shouldn't be in the game at all, definitely not anyone who even remotely has similar moves to another character, or future character.

I think Frost rarely uses the counter. And i also don't care how they actually play, MK characters shouldn't be in the game at all, definitely not anyone who even remotely has similar moves to another character, or future character.

Killer Frost's parry is the best in the game by a long shot, since she gets a full 40% combo if Meter Burned, and it's instant. She can also get in the opponent's face with slide, safe on block, and play parry/d+1/backdash guessing games and have great risk vs reward because of the parry.

So, uh, what about Zodd? We're skipping him and getting straight to Jonn next? I'm okay with that.

And I hope that Black Lantern Supes won't be the only representation of Black Hand in the game.

I can only hope that MMH replaces Zod on the DLC list. That would keep the game's equal numbers of heroes and villains if Scorpion counts as a villain.

That redesign is the best one Scorpion's ever had. Too bad it won't be in MK10.

Oh man, why doesn't ever developer waste their time plugging their bnb into everything they make! Look out Capcom :D

Also, obviously Zod will coincide with the theatrical release of Man of Steel, got to let people see it so they can be like "HYPE!" and be blinded by the fact that Zod is even in this game to begin with...

Oh man, why doesn't ever developer waste their time plugging their bnb into everything they make! Look out Capcom :D

Also, obviously Zod will coincide with the theatrical release of Man of Steel, got to let people see it so they can be like "HYPE!" and be blinded by the fact that Zod is even in this game to begin with...

General Zod tears off his face -- surprise bitches, it's actually Sub-Zero!

General Zod tears off his face -- surprise bitches, it's actually Sub-Zero!

Sub-Zero is listed in the second list of DLC characters.

As well as MMH, Red-Hood and PowerGirl

To anyone hating or that plans on hating Scorpion's inclusion on Injustice

EAD Niggas