Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YoYoCheese

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Yikes, those Black Canary concepts look like Sonya Blade if she went to a goth nightclub and got all coked out. Also the MK females with the best looking faces were Mileena and Sheeva ironically. :kitty:

I wouldn't gonna lie, Sheeva alternates looks hot imo :kitty:

OMFG, I'm sorry, had to stop at Batman with Zod's into LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :lol:

TOO FUCKING PERFECT!

KNEEL BEFORE THE NIGHT!

...scorpion victory fits ares well...also epic charades with the invisible motorcycle :P

The fact that I have no idea who that is, is proof you need to step back...

= w=

Eh, she's Sonya's mocap actress in MK3 and UMK D:

Eh, she's Sonya's mocap actress in MK3 and UMK D:

Googling her shows really nice pictures of her :kitty:

Wait, people find MK women attractive? Damn, any port huh guys?

That's hard to believe, the female faces in MK9 are atrocities. Kitana has more of square masculine jawline than Johnny Cage.

I haven't played Injustice but it doesn't look like NRS has managed to do any better, WW looks terrible.

How is Injustice anyway? Worth trying out? I'm mildly curious, but it doesn't really look that great.

Is it at least an improvement over MK9?

That's hard to believe, the female faces in MK9 are atrocities. Kitana has more of square masculine jawline than Johnny Cage.

I haven't played Injustice but it doesn't look like NRS has managed to do any better, WW looks terrible.

How is Injustice anyway? Worth trying out? I'm mildly curious, but it doesn't really look that great.

Is it at least an improvement over MK9?

To put it, from my perspective MK9 is more fun than Injustice. In a marvel, retarded shit kind of way. In Injustice most of the playstyles are kind of boring. The top tiers are linear and the characters that aren't are lower on the tier chart.

Injustice is more balanced and has set-ups, cross-ups, vortexs etc.

To put it, from my perspective MK9 is more fun than Injustice. In a marvel, retarded shit kind of way. In Injustice most of the playstyles are kind of boring. The top tiers are linear and the characters that aren't are lower on the tier chart.

Injustice is more balanced and has set-ups, cross-ups, vortexs etc.

Well, more balanced is definitely a plus, MK9 had some really lopsided matchups, the character design seemed really haphazard with little thought toward balance. I don't think the general game mechanics helped either, among other problems the meter system wasn't really a well designed thing.

Did Injustice do a good job with the stage elements you can use to damage the opponent? That is one of the main things I am skeptical about.

I don't really like the idea of two life bars either. What about the character powers, how well did NRS handle them?

Well, more balanced is definitely a plus, MK9 had some really lopsided matchups, the character design seemed really haphazard with little thought toward balance. I don't think the general game mechanics helped either, among other problems the meter system wasn't really a well designed thing.

Did Injustice do a good job with the stage elements you can use to damage the opponent? That is one of the main things I am skeptical about.

I don't really like the idea of two life bars either. What about the character powers, how well did NRS handle them?

At the beginning of the game's life interactables were frowned upon because they were too strong and lopsided matches depending on the stage. If you won or lost could be greatly influenced by the stage picked. They have since been nerfed, a 5-5 won't become a 6-4 because of the stage selected and there are numerous universal and character specific tools to escape or even punish interactables so they can't be used mindlessly, but it does still have some influence on match-ups. That's what I don't like about them, I do like how there are resets and specific combos involving them. Characters have numerous stage specific combos, tricks, set-ups, and resets that can be used if you know your combos and can get to the place you want to be. Unfortunately, at this stage of the games life there are hardly any players doing it. It's a shame since aside from being used strategically they be pretty stylish, Batgirl's car bomb vortex was easily the most hype thing Injustice at Ev- oh wait! It was one of the only hype things there :v:.

I personally like the the health system, no reset to neutral, just goes right back up. The mechanic I dislike is clash, due to being unable to stop or bait it albeit dropping your combos and zoning them to death. I cry inside every time I know that someone is about to clash, but all I can do is let it happen. It also breaks up the pace of the battle, favors zoners, and pretty much destroys comebacks.

By character powers to you mean how well they took the characters abilities from the comic books and translated them into interesting playstyles in game, or trait? I'm guessing trait. Giving a few examples, it ranges from:

Retarded

Aquaman: Let's him drop out of combos. Why the fuck is this in a fighting game? Most often used if you throw out unsafe shit and the opponent tries to punish. Thankfully has a longer recharge time now.

Doomsday: Gives him super armor for a few seconds. Let's your brain go AFK until it runs out. Luckily has a pretty long recharge time.

Great

Superman: Increased damage, breaks armor, can cancel from stings for combos, blockstrings, or tick grabs.

Black Adam: Recharges very quickly, let's you cancel normals, alot of chip, adds about 10% to combos.

Interesting

Zod: Summons a phantom beast behind the enemy. Allows for frame traps and mix-ups. Stops them from jumping since it tracks them.

Bane: For each level of venom he pops he gets armor on all his specials and some normals and increased damage. In return for making him godlike for a while, when it runs out he has a debuff period. He will become slower, do less damage, and take more damage. The extent of the effects for the buff and debuff depend on the level used.

Situational

Killer Frost: There is an extra "bar" for her. When fully charged all your attacks have more hitstun for a brief period of time, allowing for new combos.

Joker: A high and low parry. Whenever you get a successful parry joker receives a speed and agility buff.

Garbage

Harley Quinn: She takes 500 years to pick a random item that doesn't help in the fight at all. Use it if you want to insult someone's skill or you're trying to lose the match.

Cyborg: Stands in place and recharges health, very slowly I might add, with the assumption the the opponent is too busy masturbating to go over and stop you.

Didn't they decrease Harley's trait cooldown? Is it still useless despite that?

It has much less start up as well. (Except for the unblockable TNT)

You can actually get a buff out in neutral now provided you got a hard knockdown or your opponent isn't doing anything. It's still kinda ass but at least it's not Cyborgs.

Needs more "back talking"

Aside from that, she looks interesting for all the things she mixes together [wtf at completely invul triple illusion lol]

Needs more "back talking"

This, they could've done better in that regard. Other than that, her super looks like it was meant for Dr. Fate (Notice the ankh at the beginning?) Besides those relatively minor gripes she's the most interesting dlc character yet.