Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YoYoCheese

Injustice: Gods Among Us

and you can bet that we would get the joker and nightwing aswell

edit

concept art leaked

Concept_Art_Green_LanternJL.jpg

Concept_Art_AquamanJL.jpg

Concept_Art_Batman.jpg

Concept_Art_SupermanJL.jpg

Concept_Art_Wonder_WomanJL.jpg

It looks fun but I hope that they update the lifebars. I don't like the way they look. The character select screen means we're looking at about 24 characters.

Also I want some Harley and Wonder Woman gameplay.

EDIT: Batman's counter should NOT have a super flash. No one wants their opponent to know they are going for a counter.

yeahh and hakumen shouldn't have a shield when he counters.....

You should be able to counter whenever without your opponent knowing.

but seriously, it looks like its a freeze frame move that you can do pre hit.

yeahh and hakumen shouldn't have a shield when he counters.....

You should be able to counter whenever without your opponent knowing.

The point is that if a counter costs a hefty amount of meter to use, it shouldn't be seen coming from a mile away lol.

Anyway I heard that there was also a Harley and Wonder Woman demonstration on the stream that other footage came from. If that's true it's a shame that didn't go up.

As long as the counter is 0 frame active, any effects before it are irrelevant, unless the counter had the exact same stance as their idle stance then you're giving a cue away regardless. The key to landing counters is predicting your opponents action, when the opponent sees the super flash their only thought should be "SHIIII--" because there's nothing they can do.

Fuck DC!

I'll peep this though. Hope it doesn't play like MK9.

I see no way this could ever be a tournament worthy game with all the stage elements, breakable stages and stage hazards. Unless there is a way to turn it all off, I just can't see it being more than a casual game.

Aside from that though, I do like the way it all works. You can tell they spent a lot of time designing the characters and stages in this, and really going out of their way to make it feel over the top. So long as my favorite characters show up, I'll get it for combo videos.

Maybe they'll make a stage that has no sort of gimmick what so ever like Final Destination? Dead or Alive 5 has one I think.

I see no way this could ever be a tournament worthy game with all the stage elements, breakable stages and stage hazards. Unless there is a way to turn it all off, I just can't see it being more than a casual game.

Aside from that though, I do like the way it all works. You can tell they spent a lot of time designing the characters and stages in this, and really going out of their way to make it feel over the top. So long as my favorite characters show up, I'll get it for combo videos.

if they arent random and you can know and measure when they are going to be done, and how much damage they would do, there is no reason to "turn them off" and im pretty sure that they wouldnt give the option, since its one of the selling features

if they are done right (and it seems that they have a good idea of what they want to do) it would give an interesting option that can potentially add a new layer of depth to the game

another thing, anything can be competitive as long as there are people willing to compete on it

Maybe they'll make a stage that has no sort of gimmick what so ever like Final Destination? Dead or Alive 5 has one I think.

hopefully they woudlnt do that

I remember some interview mentioning that they are aware of people who may not like stage hazards, so there will be some stages without any. I don't have an actual link, though, so don't quote me on that.

Breakable stages have been an element of 3D fighters for awhile and they've never had problems (and in the case of the Power Instinct series, Rage of the Dragon, and Fatal Fury there are 2D fighters with breakable walls and ring outs :v:)

The stage elements are all set, none are random, and there appears to be only 2 uses; combo extension (much likes walls/corners/juggles) and a quick attack (they could help with characters with bad or no projectiles, like the barrels. They may not be comboable, and seeing an opponent approach an object should make you more aware). My only real problem with stage elements thus far is the way power characters and others interact with them; non-powers will ram you into it and get more use out of them, powers destroy them completely and will require you to leave the section and come back to get access to that element again. This will probably affect matchups.

It's definitely a gimmicky game, but the balance is there.

DoA has always allowed you to play stages without Danger Zones (2 and up) but all it does is remove the extra damage of wall hits. Some stages are more "flat" but that doesn't make those stages any more tournament viable than the others, and with cliffhangers the stages with multiple layers have actually become more balanced, lol.

Hopefully some more real info and footage will come out of SDCC in the next few days. I'm not too interested with the story lol.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/7/11/3153746/injustice-gods-among-us-adds-two-new-heroes-cyborg-and-nightwing

now with pics

injustice-nightwing.png

injustice-cyborg.jpg

Meh.

I would prefer Starfire or Raven over Cyborg as a TT rep. I've already mentioned my thoughts on Nightwing.

cyborg is in because he is part of the justice league now, not because TT, as far as i know

Raven would sell this game to me. No question.

I'll second that statement lol.

Also I'm glad Nightwing's costume is blue. I wasn't feeling the red.