Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eric

[Aug 25, 2012] SUMMER JAM 6 (Path of The Storm) 8/25--8/26 Philadelphia pa. No... (Philadelphia pa) Discussion in 'Tournaments & Events' sta

DLC isn't necessary, but it would definitely be nice.

Thanks again Toronto and Montreal for bring down your equipment. You guys are truly fucking awesome.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

IT SEEMS THAT PEOPLE WOULD RATHER HAVE HEADPHONE JACKS THAN SPEAKERS (AND NO, I WILL NOT DO BOTH). I BOUGHT SOME TEST EQUIPMENT TO TRY OUT ON ASUS V236H MONITORS, AND IF ALL GOES WELL THIS IS WHAT I WILL USE FOR SUMMER JAM.

AS FAR AS I KNOW, IF WE OPT TO USE THE JACKS THEN THERE WON'T BE ANY SOUND COMING FROM THE MONITORS, SO IF YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO HEAR THE GAME YOU MUST BRING HEADPHONES WITH A 3.5MM JACK (THIS IS THE DEFAULT SIZE, DON'T PANIC). THE ONLY SETUPS THAT WILL HAVE AUDIBLE SPEAKERS ARE THE CRT'S FOR GG AND THE STREAM SETUPS FOR BB/P4U.

IF YOU PLAN ON PLAYING IN ANY OF MY TOURNAMENTS (BB/GG/P4U), PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER OR ARCADE STICK. TIME WASTED WITH YOU WAITING FOR A FREE CONTROLLER IS TIME WASTED FOR EVERYONE ELSE. DON'T BE A DICK. IF YOU PLAY ON WIRELESS PAD, PLEASE REMEMBER TO DE-SYNC YOUR CONTROLLERS AFTER PLAYING. IF YOU WANT TO BE GODLIKE, REMOVE THE BATTERY FROM YOUR CONTROLLER. DUALSHOCK 3'S ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.

AS OF RIGHT NOW I PLAN TO RUN GG AND P4U STARTING EARLY SATURDAY (TBD). SIGN-UPS FOR GG AND P4U WILL END AT TBD. THE # OF ENTRANTS THERE ARE FOR P4U WILL DETERMINE THE START TIME FOR BB. LAST MINUTE SIGN-UPS WILL NOT BE SEEDED BY SKILL > REGION: IT WILL BE YOUR PENALTY FOR SHOWING UP LATE.

THERE WILL BE A SPECIAL TEAM EVENT ON SUNDAY:

PERSONA BLUE: ACCENT CORE TEAM TOURNAMENT

ENTRY FEE: TBD (BUT WILL BE ~$15 USD)

RULES:

1). 3 PLAYER TEAMS, EACH PLAYER MUST BE DESIGNATED TO A SPECIFIC GAME (P4U/GG/BB) AND CANNOT SWITCH. YOU WILL BE CHARACTER LOCKED AS WELL.

2). THE MATCH FORMAT WILL BE:

TEAM A P4U PLAYER VS TEAM B P4U PLAYER |||| TEAM A BB PLAYER VS TEAM B BB PLAYER |||| TEAM A GG PLAYER VS TEAM B GG PLAYER

3). ALL MATCHES WILL BE PLAYED SIMULTANEOUSLY UNTIL TOP 4

4). EACH GAME WILL BE SET TO 2/3 ROUNDS.

5). 1 MATCH WILL BE ONE GAME.

6). THE TEAM THAT WINS THE MOST MATCHES ADVANCES.

7). DOUBLE ELIMINATION (TENTATIVE).

THIS IS MEANT TO BE A FUN AND NEW EVENT. OTHER TEAM TOURNAMENTS CAN BE RUN SUNDAY INSTEAD IF PEOPLE SO DESIRE.

Please let me know if you cannot bring certain equipment anymore then what I have listed for you. If you are not coming to the tournament anymore and staying in one of my rooms please let me know.

Equipment List

St1ckBuG (1 CRT + 1 PS2 + 1 GGAC + 1 Monitor)

LordKnight (1 PS3 + 1 BBCSE + 1 P4U)

Amadeous (1 CRT + 2 PS2 + 2 GGAC + 2 PS3 + 2 P4U + 1 BBCSE)

Shinsyn (1 PS3 + 1 BBCSE + 1 P4U)

Mr. Mortified (2 Monitors + 1 PS3 + P4U + BBCSE)

Montreal (4 Monitors + 4 PS3 + 4 P4U + 4 BBCSE) [Tentative]

OchiChernye (1 PS3 + 1 P4U)

Darkcloud (1 Monitor)

CRTs: 2

PS2s: 3

GGAC: 3

Monitors: 7

PS3s: 10

P4U: 10

BBCSE: 8

Room List

Myself

DC + 1

Mynusdono

DaiAndOh

EOD

TD

Lich

mikenapalm

VashTS

Komidol

SKD

Rokunaya

Achtzehn

Darkcloud + 1

Alzarath

Eshi, let's find a southern GG player and do Team Dirty South.
I was just thinking the same thing! But which game that you don't play will you play?

Yo that team tourney is going to be AWESOME! I might not play (my team would probably have to carry me and I don't want to be that kind of burden.) but I will definitely be hyping it up!

I was just thinking the same thing! But which game that you don't play will you play?

Good question. We'll talk more in Philly. When are you getting there?

Good question. We'll talk more in Philly. When are you getting there?
I'll be there on Friday but I'll be with my BF so we may have plans for that day. Would be available after dinner, though.

So yeah I'm officially official for SJ, gotta get that BB going, and that Rita's drinkin' and ect. And is there's some sort of beer/alcohol worth drinking in the states, introduce me to it.

Alan, I can bring my PS2 with a copy of GG as well as my copy of BBCSE but no PS3 or monitors. I'm pretty sure my PS2 still works, it's been a while.

So yeah I'm officially official for SJ, gotta get that BB going, and that Rita's drinkin' and ect. And is there's some sort of beer/alcohol worth drinking in the states, introduce me to it.

Jager. Bombs.

Alan, I can bring my PS2 with a copy of GG as well as my copy of BBCSE but no PS3 or monitors. I'm pretty sure my PS2 still works, it's been a while.

I should be fine with PS2's and GG. Working PS2 sticks are so rare now that I doubt we'd even be able to fill 4 setups if we had that many. You can bring them if you want though, just in case.

Bring your copy of BBCSE in case we could use it to speed things up.

Thanks!

Jagerbombs to the extreme. Do we need more monitors or will we be fine? I might be getting an Asus with my next paycheck if we need it.

Yuengling. If you like beer.

That is all.

Confirmed.

Haven't had it yet, but I've heard it's an amazing drink. Will definitely pick it up out at SJ.

yuengling is alright.

jim bean (pick a variety, doesnt matter (read: black you pansy)) and ginger ale is awesome imo, but dunno if you got there by you.

Canadian. Fucking. Beer.

See you guys soon.

sorry, but St1ckBuG knows the deal.

St1ckBuG:

I mentioned it earlier but I guess you missed it; I'm not able to go due to reasons I'd rather not get too deep into details about. I'm OK but I had to spend a lot more money which dipped into my SJ funds; Sorry.

St1ckBuG:

I mentioned it earlier but I guess you missed it; I'm not able to go due to reasons I'd rather not get too deep into details about. I'm OK but I had to spend a lot more money which dipped into my SJ funds; Sorry.

Understandable.

Real life sucks.

Jaeger Bombs are mainstream even in Montreal tho so it wouldn't feel any different. But I spotted an eagle on Yeungling so this shit must be American enough since I've personally never heard of or seen it before.

It ain't just American, Yuengling is straight out of Pennsyvania. The Best Lager comes from the East Coast, no contest.