Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eric

[Aug 25, 2012] SUMMER JAM 6 (Path of The Storm) 8/25--8/26 Philadelphia pa. No... (Philadelphia pa) Discussion in 'Tournaments & Events' sta

To everyone attending:

In the past I've had people complain about the sound coming from the monitors. Let's face it, the built in speakers from the ASUS monitors suck. I've been trying to think up different methods to get around this:

1). http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-Headphone-Amplifier-Micca-Cable/dp/B005JT8OT6/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1343653466&sr=8-9&keywords=headphone+amplifier This would allow people to use their own 3.5mm headphones, but they're battery powered (so they could potentially die mid-match).

2). http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-970264-0403-X-140-2-0-Speakers/dp/B000IF4788/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1343653586&sr=8-3&keywords=computer+speakers These would just replace the built in speakers.

Which one would you guys prefer?

In a major like SJ noise from the crowd and all the games stacking up together creating an orchestra, trying to outmatch the others might not be an option as good as the earphones, if I may suggest, speakers could be used for spectators and earphones for the players.

To everyone attending:

In the past I've had people complain about the sound coming from the monitors. Let's face it, the built in speakers from the ASUS monitors suck. I've been trying to think up different methods to get around this:

1). http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-Headphone-Amplifier-Micca-Cable/dp/B005JT8OT6/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1343653466&sr=8-9&keywords=headphone+amplifier This would allow people to use their own 3.5mm headphones, but they're battery powered (so they could potentially die mid-match).

2). http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-970264-0403-X-140-2-0-Speakers/dp/B000IF4788/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1343653586&sr=8-3&keywords=computer+speakers These would just replace the built in speakers.

Which one would you guys prefer?

St1ck I'm trying to get madcatz headsets for a few systems.

Also players we sold 223 so far so please book your rooms.

In a major like SJ noise from the crowd and all the games stacking up together creating an orchestra, trying to outmatch the others might not be an option as good as the earphones, if I may suggest, speakers could be used for spectators and earphones for the players.

Spectators can EAD.

St1ck I'm trying to get madcatz headsets for a few systems.

Ask whoever you're talking to from Madcatz that if I was interested in buying a few for tournament setups if I could get some sort of a bulk discount. I would be buying ~8.

I end up just listening to music on my ipod to drown out crowd noise, but i wouldn't mind that Fiio amp you listed up there Stickbug, since it lets me use my own headphones and get game sound. But the thing is, if the other guy doesn't have headphones, I'm guessing he won't hear anything at all. Also if they're battery powered, they are definitely gonna die mid match at some point during the day (because everything works against the TO's apparently), so I'm not sure if its "full day tourny" viable.

There's actually an audio out on the ASUS monitors but I'm not sure if by using it it turns off the built in speakers.

There's actually an audio out on the ASUS monitors but I'm not sure if by using it it turns off the built in speakers.

Really? You sure you're not confusing it with the Audio In? Anyways, the guys I talked to liked the idea of jacks a lot. We agreed that it doesn't matter if you don't want want to use headphones, you can't hear the game either way. I personally think that speakers for the main station could be a good idea though, as that's the one most people are going to be watching.

please incorporate these speakers if it wont be too much trouble, theres alot of people (like myself) who need to see and hear the game.

Really? You sure you're not confusing it with the Audio In? Anyways, the guys I talked to liked the idea of jacks a lot. We agreed that it doesn't matter if you don't want want to use headphones, you can't hear the game either way. I personally think that speakers for the main station could be a good idea though, as that's the one most people are going to be watching.

There's a green port AND a black port! I'll do speakers for the main station at least.

please incorporate these speakers if it wont be too much trouble, theres alot of people (like myself) who need to see and hear the game.

We'll see. I want everyone to be happy. I'll try my best.

Also, in the past I have brought my big screen TV and I've only ever had one person complain about playing on it. I've personally tested it myself using my laptop, but I can now test it using my Asus monitors. If the lag is comparable would people be against playing on it? It would be an extra setup and it's easier for everyone to see.

When I tested it before it showed there was no lag between my laptop and the screen on game mode: http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1231/00010mtssnapshot0003201.jpg

I'll test it with my monitors Friday.

Anyone else that has played on it, do you have any complaints?

Are you gonna do the Teams Saturday/Singles Sunday type of thing with persona? i want to up my social link with someone

that tv is fine

I want to try something cool on Sunday, but I feel like people will just want to do regular teams instead.

If we have teams, at all, they'll be on Sunday.

There's a green port AND a black port! I'll do speakers for the main station at least.

We'll see. I want everyone to be happy. I'll try my best.

Also, in the past I have brought my big screen TV and I've only ever had one person complain about playing on it. I've personally tested it myself using my laptop, but I can now test it using my Asus monitors. If the lag is comparable would people be against playing on it? It would be an extra setup and it's easier for everyone to see.

When I tested it before it showed there was no lag between my laptop and the screen on game mode: http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1231/00010mtssnapshot0003201.jpg

I'll test it with my monitors Friday.

Anyone else that has played on it, do you have any complaints?

your big screen in your room? nothing noticable. had no complaints about it.

P4U teams NEEDS to happen on Sunday please. Usually whenever I try to run teams on the Sunday of a 3 day tournament nobody ever wants to do it. Lame!

I'd rather play all my matches on an evo monitor for the sake of consistency. Even if it's just an impression due to the size of the big screen, it fucks up my timing :(

Summer jam 6 update:

Ok players this is how many room are left at both hotels.

Suites = 4 Rooms Available

Four Points = 13 Rooms Available

8/25...

Suites = 19 Rooms Available

Four Points = 28 Rooms Available

8/26...

Suites = 4 Rooms Available

Four Points = 8 Rooms Available

The Cut-Off Date is 8/22

After this there is nothing I can do for you:(

Hey guys, just letting you know if you don't have a room yet, I have one more spot open in my room. I'll be there Fri-Sun, so if you want to spend the night on Sunday and leave Monday you'll need to ask for a place to stay then. If you can, all I'm asking for the room is 35 bucks for the entire weekend, or whatever you can manage if you can't get that much. PM me and let me know, thanks.

Nevermind, slot filled up. Currently have 10 people in a double room, could probably fit more, we'll see.

So GG is still happening on Saturday right? Is P4A also on Saturday? sorry if this was already answered.

I want to try something cool on Sunday, but I feel like people will just want to do regular teams instead.

If we have teams, at all, they'll be on Sunday.

I'm down for something cool

Life just took a major shit on me in a matter of hours. I will not go into detail of What The Fuck happened but I can say this; I am not able to go to Summer Jam due to the incident.

All of my plans to head out there to game out with you all just went from an "I'm in there" to a "Wow, this is not happening" in a matter of hours. I'm sorry guys, I really wanted to go and meet up with you all, I even paid registration because I was that sure I was going but I'm not now. Best of luck to you guys, and hopefully if things work out, I'll make my way out there for NEC.

With a recent update I now have slots available in my room. I'll be staying from Thur night til Mon morning. If anyone is willing to pitch in PM me and I'll reply with details

EDIT: Skype would be another option

Suites

8/24 *6

8/25 *14

8/26 *6

8/24 *13

8/25 *27

8/26 *8

This is what is left so players please hurry up and get your rooms.