Dr. Stormlocke

[GGAC+R] Robo-Ky Changes and Discussion!

no nezu, but seen a new name at a recent mikado 3v3, it was a very long name and he uses my color XD

his play was reasonable but not notable =|

so the changelog says Robo-Ky's j.623H is an overhead? Is that actually being utilized in mixup somehow or what

Most definitely. Mainly as a run up TK overhead as they block a Level 3 bazooka. It's also been used, TK'd of course, off of 5k. Though the latter is susceptible to FD.

That was a pretty interesting set between Ruu and Dogura. Here's an hour's worth of Dogura vs. FAB in AC+R:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TApB0SraydY&feature=g-subs-u

Also, incase you guys haven't seen it yet, here's the match-up chart for AC+R:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AjtI6IrBGlOadGlTWWdJMWE1T2ZmT2trSUhzSkZ5SlE&output=html

as unlikely as it is.... please prorate up

but in all seriousness i wish we could have at least seen more vids of big damage off air dp before seeing a forced proration

I finally got to try out +R on my friend's vita last night

I was having a lot of difficulty doing anything since I've never used a vita before, but I got to try out some stuff in training mode, which was kind of cool.. hopefully I will get to try it out again before he leaves

ok so i bought the japanese version of ac so i could try out +R

i hate to say it but he seems worse off than before

after actually trying him out, some of the changes they made seemed sounding better in theory than actually in practice

like hidden missile sounded cool... but when you actually use it... its decent to make sure they don't move out of the corner.. but if you actually got the hit, the missile on the way down forces knockdown, ruining whatever combo you got

80 heat 2s is also not as good as i had initially thought... when you land a 80 heat 2s at a low combo count (so they still have regular gravity), it seems your only combo option is to go straight to the air..... which doesn't give you the positional advantage anymore

fb changes are pretty cool... but i haven't gotten used to the new input yet

also in terms of comboing.... i don't like how they changed his regular throw... maybe its just me not being used it it, but i find it hard to do the c.s 2p c.s launcher on chars that i could easily do it on before (just found out that now you can do ground throw -> punching super on bridget)

Edited by M.Song

Hrm, thanks for the input. I'll be waiting for the US patch/update.

Gaku posted this Level 3 heat 2hs combo: http://twitpic.com/d6zkol

Mind testing the air unblockable nature of Self Destruct explosion? Thanks!

Edited by Dr. Stormlocke

that combo looks ultra wonky. holy shit. wonk city.

Hrm, thanks for the input. I'll be waiting for the US patch/update.

Gaku posted this Level 3 heat 2hs combo: http://twitpic.com/d6zkol

Mind testing the air unblockable nature of Self Destruct explosion? Thanks!

oh i forgot about that

i will try it out/record it when i get back home

+R stuff

I have to agree on everything you just said.

2HS and launch 2S in Genkai 80+ isn't really worth being in Lv3 heat for imo. If I go to Lv3 heat it's still for 5P.

After launching with 2S you can barely do anything anyway since you are at MINIMUM 80 heat and will blow up easily UNLESS you spend 25% meter on the force break as GAKU does in the video posted, really sick btw...

However there are things that make him better!

c.S -> 6P works so no wiffing 2S if you accidently end up to far from your opponent and don't wanna end in just f.S since 214S is (imo) unreliable as well. This is a nice addition.

63214K - Being able to link super after? Hell yes! I thought the window would be larger, maybe it's just now in the beginning, but I tend to do it to late so the super hits OTG, gg waste of 50% meter there. And if you hit with Ky-Denpa you're almost always gonna have 50% to spend. The damage is up from 30 from only grab to 85-100 with super and ender.

6P - Always knock down... just so gdlk! It's a like a whole new world where you can run around FREE! And with the added upper body invul frames it's just so much better. Also you can link in super at some occasions but I haven't experimented with this myself yet, only seen in videos so far.

j.623HS - Alright so didn't already have a standing low poke, dust, good frame traps, regular throw, command throw but a SRK you can TK? I'm going to abuse this so hard! You can spend 25% meter on the FRC and get a small follow-up after unless you accidently super jump so you don't have a double jump to spend after FRC.

Even though the Heat changes didn't pan out as well as I'd hoped for I'm happy that my Robo is now stronger and more fearsome then ever.

Alright here you go stormlocke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrFghQew-FA&feature=youtu.be

so yes.... it is

I just got back from playing against senkei's faust

that matchup got infinitely harder because of all of faust's buffs

I recorded our day 1 matches so those will be posted here too eventually.

fogelstrom: I prefer the old command throw better. Before it was a move I was willing to dump lots of meter on just to land, but there's no reward for doing that anymore. The old throw did about 2.5x the damage this one does, and if you frced to get the throw, you're only looking at 1 bar back.... which a lot of times won't let you do the super afterwords.

I think tk dp mixup is pretty useless except as a finisher. The damage you get off of it is pretty low unless they are already in the corner. Not to mention its another combo where the opponent usually ends up in a spot that you can't really cover very well.

unfortunately i did not get to use c.s into 6p all that much in the set i played because faust was so good at preventing me from moving

Spark: yeah that was happening to me as well with the fb

I was getting some use of 80 heat 2hs -> 6hs repeat just because my opponent was unfamiliar with how the move works, but its not really something that can be heavily relied on

one of the biggest buffs to roboky that i don't think was really mentioned was how the opponent flys during counterhit j.hs

they go slightly upward instead of downward now, so you might actually be able to get wall sticks from that move

these are all my personal opinion and based on my playstyle, i feel that all these changes ended up making him worse off than he was in AC

Just played some games 80 heat 2HS is pretty cool. Thought it wouldn't come back down if Robo was hit, but it still does.