Dr. Stormlocke

[GGAC+R] Robo-Ky Changes and Discussion!

... 5s© > very fast 8 > super jump cancel the 5s©

or

2s > very fast 8 > dashing 5s© > super jump

that should be the way to do it - theres a explained example with millia in the wiki if you want a little more walk through

just read the wiki, you will understand the whole thing easier ^^

ok i didn't know about the 2s c.s thing, but after testing it out, it seems to work only if you were really close after doing 2s and i couldn't get it to connect on all of the cast... didn't really to really thorough testing on everyone

since i'm really bad and i still can't sji even after playing this game for as long as i have, after the 2s explosion i was doing sj j.k j.s j.p j.d air dp

after doing it with the c.s, same combo, i'd get less hits off with j.d (cuz i can't sji to adjust my height properly)

i was only getting like 8-12 more damage with the c.s

so my question is... after you get the c.s sji, what is the combo you prefer to go for?

in matches im lazy and don't sji either haha!

its usually just something ending in j.h missile if i did a L3 steam so i stay heated, or j.d into dp if i didnt steam.

the hit box on c.s is REALLY high and weird, theres a lot of spots where you are like "nahhh... no way" and it totally works. i just like using it because it helps me make my combo more stable rather than a straight super jump. dont ask, just works that way for me.

next time im on gg, ill see what im naturally doing for heated 2s and let you know

Any success iora?

I've improved a bit again and I am really happy because I found the Finnish GG scene now so I'll have plenty of skilled opponents to play against.

Does anyone know any ID combos for Robo? I never seem to be able to pull any off, I suck at timing the hit to make them fall close to the ground and even if I manage to do that I can't get anything close to the basic j.D->j.D->missile combo.

i havent been on, since uniel..... because uniel haha

i seen GAKU do ID combos with double jump j.h in the corner, and i think that went into 6p loops. couldnt recall the video i saw it in. his normal dust combo does close enough to not need to worry about ID. but theres better than j.d j.d, so you might wanna watch some GAKU videos and x copy his dust combos.

in the corner you can do missile loops... that's technically an impossible dust combo

its hard looping lvl 3 missiles tho

you want to shoot the first missile then double jump then missile loop lvl 2 missiles if possible

if you are 80+ heat, you have way more options, because of the extra hit stun stuff

you can impossible dust by doing fd and 5p and if you have like 80 meter or so, you can do a few reps of pony loop

as for midscreen id combos under regular heat, i never go for them because there don't seem to be enough benefits of doing them over a regular dust combo

So you are saying it's possible to loop level 3 missiles? Why isn't this used in any of the matches I watch? Is there an issue with heat or are level 3 missiles just worse for damage purposes than level 2 missiles?

When ending an aircombo when would I prefer to finish with an air DP instead of a missile?

you can connect two lvl 3 missiles but i've never connected 3 before

usually when i connect the lvl 3 missiles its either using the impossible dust properties or i immediately jump cancel and shoot another missile

it may be possible to loop multiple lvl 3 missiles but i'm not entirely sure how if it can be done

its because off lvl 3 missiles, the opponent has different bounce arc off the wall and then the differences between lvl 2 missiles and lvl 3 missiles

lvl 2 has shorter start up, shorter recovery and a longer untechable window

as for ending with dp or air missile

i'm not entirely sure what is the optimal move myself

both moves leave you with large landing recovery, but the air dp does a little bit more damage than missile and it has a larger attack hitbox

so you can end your air combo with j.d air dp, and if you were to do a missile after j.d instead, you'd have to cut the number of hits off j.d to make sure to be at the correct height

but if you meant which is better in terms of spacing, then i have no idea

Hey guys! I've been playing a bit lately and have had even more success with my command grab mixups.

Some new ones I have incorporated:

Command grab, running empty j.p over their body, land, 2k, 2s, 2d.

Command grab, hesitate and let their body fall, running j.p whiff over them as they are waking up, Level 2 or 3 air SRK* (*RC, hesitate, 5©s, SJ aircombo if you connect with air SRK. Optional.)

I want to make a flow chart, but generally here are the three factors for optimizing his "vortex" if you will:

If they have a burst, how much tension they have, how much tension YOU have.

Post command grab, opponent has no burst, opponent has 25%+ or so tension, you have Level 2 tension:

Backdash, Level 2 horse, land in front of them, command grab.

Post command grab, opponent has no burst, opponent has a questionable amount of tension to steal, you have Level 2 tension:

Either of the two setups at the top of this post.

5p whiff/timing device, run, Level 2 horse. (Like many setups, this works best once you have conditioned them. In this case, try backdash, Level 2 horse, command grab before attempting this punish setup.)

Post command grab, opponent has no burst, opponent has 25% or more tension still, you have level 3 tension:

Backdash, Level 3 horse crossup whiff as they are waking up, command grab.

Let their body hit the ground, immediate 2d, 236236s punch spam super, do not mash slash, command grab.

Let their body hit the ground, immediate 2d, 236236s punch spam super, do not mash slash, Level 3 SRK super. (This one is ridiculous, and is a good round ender. It's also a good one to dump your tension on once you have landed a few command grabs in a row, because the opponent is so antsy they usually will throw something out.)

Post command grab, opponent has no burst, opponent has a questionable amount of tension to steal, you have Level 3 tension:

Level 3 horse crossup whiff, land, 5d.

Level 3 horse crossup whiff, land, 2k, 2s, 2d.

Level 3 horse crossup whiff, land, Level 3 horse back at them. (Good if you think they will mash, or stick something out. More effective if you've conditioned them with something like [command grab, backdash, level 3 horse crossup whiff, land, command grab] already.)

Backdash/5p whiff timing device, run, Level 3 horse. (By delaying your Level 3 horse you will many times confuse your opponent. To make it even better, you can legit crossup and HIT with luck and/or expert timing.)

Post command grab, opponent has a burst, opponent has any level of tension, you have Level 3 tension:

Running empty j.p over their body, land, 5k, Level 3 SRK super. (This is my go to burst bait/or punish ideally. Many times your opponent will burst upon your 5k connecting. Your Level 3 SRK super will give zero fucks, go right through it, and nail them.)

Edits to follow. I'm at work. =)

i have some time off work...

would it be cool if i made clips for each of these situations and you tell me if this is what it looks like in your setups and what not?

i have some time off work...

would it be cool if i made clips for each of these situations and you tell me if this is what it looks like in your setups and what not?

Awesome, sure!

I'll be editing in more over the next few days. Certain setups, due to how specific the spacing is, tend to lead into others well.

so my initial plan is to just keep these as short clips for each situation and once we've got everything worked out, then maybe it can be edited into one long video or something

i still like 693 for tk dp. 3 inputs, gotta be the fastest way to do it, and oyu just ride the side of the square gate. so easy.

Here is a quick video of some of the Command Grab setups I have been discussing with you guys, vs Koogy on the Brokentier stream:

http://youtu.be/30YATUntY9k

He grabbed my Burst a few seconds later, haha.

I also really like Command Grab, empty jump over their body j.p, land, 2k, 2s, 2d. I would alternate with Command Grab, empty jump over their body j.p, as you are falling Aerial L2 or L3 SRK.

Looks like this was streamed, was it archived anywhere? :0

robo-ky match vids are a rare commodity

Yeah, it was on the Brokentier stream/Twitch, Nov. 5th. Just be advised it was netplay, and we did encounter some lag. Regardless, the setups work offline just as well. I started playing Koogy about 15 minutes in.

http://www.twitch.tv/brokentier/b/585448749

That will be a great way to kill time at work. Thanks buddy :D

i was also linked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzCaF77qsf0 and then there is a part 14

probably a few other parts he's in as well

to me it feels like he's just doing stuff and not getting punished for what he's doing

edit: ok watched most of the matches in the vid stormlocke posted... he's really just doing stuff and they are not punishing him for it

like he's doing like 1/2 screen lvl 3 pony and they are just getting hit by it for no reason

that move loses to like everyone's 6p

i mean i'm seeing great confirms, execution, and combo creativity from gaku, but it feels to me like his opponents are not making optimal plays, way more combo drops and just getting hit by stuff that really doesn't seem like it should have

i just seem to remember videos from earlier in the year when he just wasn't able to do as well just because his opponents were playing a lot better

just found out that throw -> punching super isn't bridget only

it also works on aba and kliff

this time i went through and tested everyone using the macro glitch

its really easy on aba, pretty difficult on bridget and really hard on kliff

I agree M. Song, I was surprised his Level 3 Horses weren't getting stuffed on reaction. Still a lot of cool tricks in there though. Some stuff I want to X-Copy, some of it is simple:

-Knockdown, Bazooka Oki, Run up next to them, 2d while they're blocking, Level 3 Horse as they're done blocking bazooka. You can alternate this with command grab instead of Horse at the end.

-Bazooka connecting vs jumping opponent in the air? Run up and 6p once.

-Ending some aerial combos with Level 1 J.SRK for the heat gain.

-Don't remember if it was in these recent vids, but TK Level 3 SRK while in Level 3 Heat mode on opponents wakeup, into Level 3 SRK super. Good if opponent has a burst. Doesn't work on all characters tho.

-Blocked 2k, blocked 2hs FRC, TK Level 3 SRK FRC, j.hs~whatever. I used to do blocked 2hs FRC into 5d, but this is the new hotness. I just don't like how inconsistent FRCing and comboing with TK SRK can be. Sometimes you're underneath them, sometimes you're on the other side, sometimes they're too high, sometimes you've RC'd instead so your tension and options are limited, etc etc.

Now that you are active again, how do I deal with Baiken? The matchup is giving me a lot of trouble as it's so weird. I don't seem to be able to do anything without getting stuffed by a counter. When I try to play more cautiously I just get locked down pretty hard. Seems that I can't do anything after blocking a tatami before Baiken is on my face again.

Now that you are active again, how do I deal with Baiken? The matchup is giving me a lot of trouble as it's so weird. I don't seem to be able to do anything without getting stuffed by a counter. When I try to play more cautiously I just get locked down pretty hard. Seems that I can't do anything after blocking a tatami before Baiken is on my face again.

I don't have a lot of experience with this matchup in +R. But I played AC for years vs Hellmonkey. It's a very boring matchup and we didn't particularly like playing it, haha.

You make missiles.

She makes carpets.

You go for command grab when you can get a read.

I try and space bazooka oki so if she bellyflops out I can connect with 2hs or Level 2 CH missile. It's a little different sort of situation in +R though.

IB as always, FD as needed. (Though this is universal advice.)

Yeah, sorry it's not much more indepth than that. As I said, boring.

I can definitely agree on boring. You got any advice on how to deal with the corner tatami pressure. It's almost like tatami just resets the pressure forever until I get hit. It seems I just have to burn DAA to get out. And of course I can't do anything back because counters.