Dr. Stormlocke

[GGAC+R] Robo-Ky Changes and Discussion!

a little late, but to all the roboky players I met at NEC

it was great meeting and talking with all you guys

NFTR: i think i totally insulted the color you pick with you there and i felt kind of bad about that after knowing

NFTR: i think i totally insulted the color you pick with you there and i felt kind of bad about that after knowing

yea nice meeting you! If you insulted it either I dont remember or didnt care, dont worry about it :p. Im near impossible to offend.

i meant to ask you about wake up punch super though, i saw you do it a lot and wasnt really sure why

its pretty good against slower meaty attacks and it covers good horizontal distances

i may be wrong about it, but i feel like it hits a little further away than a lvl 3 dp

also i used to fight dizzy quite frequently in accent core and i think that was one of the best way to deal with fish (dunno about +r fish)

its just something i took from that matchup and use it in every other fight... cuz i'm not entirely sure what to do for a lot of the +r fights

i'll list what i think the pros/cons are

pros:

-on hit, you can reset/control your heat and you have a really good idea of where they will be after the knockdown... sometimes after landing a lvl 3 dp -> super i have no idea if they will land in front or behind me.  also when they land behind me after a dp super i'm not sure how to follow up with that

-on block its a lot safer than landing a dp, although at the cost of way more meter

-because roboky immediately moves forward as he starts the super, you can avoid certain jump ins and if you don't mash slash you can potentially get a throw when they land (although this rarely happens and you have to really know your hitboxes for this to be useful)

-its a super, so that will break super armor on moves unlike doing the dp on wakeup

-on hit it only takes 50% meter unlike dp -> super which takes 60%

cons

- it takes 50% meter for a move that is only invincible on 1 frame.... it gets owned by a lot of things

really i feel like that's the only con, but i mean... its pretty bad to get owned by a 5p when you choose punching super as a reversal

i use the move as a reversal way more than i should, but as a reversal its definitely got really good situational uses

so this might have been known already, but i just found out on counterhit of the 2nd hit of 2s (high heat) they can't tech at all

so you can do some cool combos

you even have enough time to start with a robodash

not sure how practical this is seeing how difficult it is to get that hit tho

https://youtu.be/fmS3nXglKpk

https://youtu.be/i1qdsLiOLK0

characters i got it to work on:

axl, dizzy, slayer, anji, johnny, hos, venom, testament, potemkin, justice

ways to get around this:

stand block

crouching

reasons for doing this:

you love to troll

you like to lose

this can work midscreen but if you do it off of those two starters you have to run before doing the dp otherwise they get pushed too far out because of the extra pushback from otg

what i want to know is what this works on hos and not sol