Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spirit Juice

Sol vs Venom

Matchup Statistics:

Openers:

Okizeme:

Punishes:

Counters:

Anti airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

Char specific details:

-- Member Submitted Info Section (if valid).

Hey people. I'm gonna face a solid Venom in the next ranbat, I don't really played Venom too much. For what I've experienced, the one who gets the momentum first is the one who wins. I'd say this match is slightly in Sol's advantage (5.5-4.5) just because once you get through Venom's zoning you can destroy him with 2 combos, and on wake ups Venom has like 0 options. On top of that, Sol has good options for escaping from corner pressure with IB > VV, wich totally ruins Venom's gameplan. So, any tips you guys can give me?

-Venom can't use Dubious Curve in a blockstring on Sol. Sol can easily get out because of VV. Or if you want to reap your rewards best, GV. -Venom's f.S/2S are big pains in the ass. -Air Throw beats all of Venom's aerial options. -Only use 5K for AA against Venom. -If Venom does any string into TK Mad Struggle, VV him out of it for a knockdown. -Learn what your opponent does CA and SA after. It is possible for Venom to safely excute both those moves on Sol in a blockstring. And about 2 blockstrings is all he needs to jack up your guard guage to flash. -IB Balls and FD his normals especially Venom's 5S which does 3 hits. -Approaching venom from the air is risking since his 6P is pretty good. Either block it or if you see it coming VV to counter it.

I believe it is in Venom's favor. Venom's pokes hurt Sol big time and it's not hard to keep Sol out. A simple blockstring into SA or CA puts Sol at a distance in which Venom's pokes are dominant.

-Venom can't use Dubious Curve in a blockstring on Sol. Sol can easily get out because of VV. Or if you want to reap your rewards best, GV.

-Venom's f.S/2S are big pains in the ass.

-Air Throw beats all of Venom's aerial options.

-Only use 5K for AA against Venom.

-If Venom does any string into TK Mad Struggle, VV him out of it for a knockdown.

-Learn what your opponent does CA and SA after. It is possible for Venom to safely excute both those moves on Sol in a blockstring. And about 2 blockstrings is all he needs to jack up your guard guage to flash.

-IB Balls and FD his normals especially Venom's 5S which does 3 hits.

-Approaching venom from the air is risking since his 6P is pretty good. Either block it or if you see it coming VV to counter it.

I'm sorry but this is all just terrible info:

1. You can say that about any blockstring. "VV will get you out of pressure everytime if you guess right". But it's false. It's not like everytime he does it you get out for free. The only time where it's the best chance is when they try 2D>DC.

2.Yes, yes they are. That's why they're considered good pokes for Venom. That statement has no constructive value and is just stating the obvious. 5S can be beaten out by Sol's 6P pretty easily and if you're having problems with the poke, gunflame to help make your way in.

3. Air Throw beats out all of everyone's aerial options

4. So what? I should never use 5K other than that? Any decent Sol player knows that 5K is a good AA. Once again, redundant.

5. You can't VV out of a TK madstruggle unless the guy's stupid enough to use the HS version or you IB the move before hand. Even then, what you said pretty much translate to "guess right when he does TK madstruggle and you'll be golden". most of the time Venom will do TK madstruggle during one of the hits of c.S, usually on the 2nd or last hit because that also give enough time to charge for SA and CR thus giving him more options for pressure.

6. Yes, yes it is possible for Venom to safely execute CR or SA in a blockstring. Venom players wouldn't do it if it wasn't safe.

7. You can say that about anyone doing a pressure string. "FD them to push them away when they're trying to pressure you"

8. That's like saying "don't get hit by your opponent or else you'll lose the match"

:psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

-Air Throw beats all of Venom's aerial options.

OMG so Venom automatically loses if he jumps? No wonder you should never jump over the Gunflame.

OMG.... who doesn't jump over a non FRCed GF?! Because what you said is exactly what I said! Oh wait... it's not. SInce especially GG isn't just about air combat right? And what option can Venom use if he's in Sol's airthrow range? NONE. Ball summon? No. Mad Struggle? No. Aerial normals? No. TK Mad Struggle? No. If Venom is in Sol's air throw range Sol gets a free knockdown. If Venom is not in Sol's air throw range he's safer. You think just because it's Sol and have some assumed mentality of Sol players that the air is free? Sol's 5K AA's Venom pretty well too like Venom's 6P AAs Sol's pretty well. And Venom isn't as strong as Sol in the air. Sure FB Mad Struggle might beat his air normals if he's predictable or can't FD but that's assuming too much. Venom's j.D is good in the air but Sol is better in the air and Sol has great AA options. I would say better than Venom's AA options. If Venom is in the air vs Sol(on the ground) he should be: -Moving under the cover of a ball formation. An obvious staple in Venom's playstyle. -Mixup with TK Mad struggle. -Aerial retreat(IAD back) -Avoiding GF(FRC). -IAD punishing GF non FRC.

Venom isn't millia in the first place. Gunflame- there's no need to jump over it, bec plain carcass raid beats it Grand Viper- again, carcass raid beats this. 6p Volcanic Viper- K~P ball when hit via 5P will stop you for using random VV. bait with dubious curve FRC if you want, but needs to train them first with plain dubious curv. Good zoning and use of 2-3 ball seisei is enough to do the job.

I've played against a pretty decent venom just recently for a few games. I don't think the match is too bad since venom has no real defensive mechanisms to get sol off of him. the hard part is scoring the knock down or getting on the offense. The best advice i could give is take advantage 2D. If the venom tries to set a ball too close dash up and 2D for a counter hit into gunflame frc >insert sexy sidewinder combo. pretty much other than that be very wary of approaching venom from the air because his anti air game is extremely strong. Just don't be obvious with jumping in while zoning. i tend to usually do something like j.p and land/air dash back, just to make the venom player whiff something. imo i think the match up is pretty even; venom is pretty strong as zoning/pressuring but sol can score a knockdown/damage off random shit and go to work on venom. [edit] just thought I'd add another method that seemed to work for me last night playing against the venom player. from max distance the venom player i fight tends to usually set a ball and hits it in my direction. what i try to do is run towards him and jump straight at him Faultless defending. if the ball hits me it just stops me in my tracks in which case i may throw out a 2D to beat out a poke a attempt followed by a gunflame frc; if it misses I've successfully gotten in on venom. pretty much you have to be fearless when fighting him, if you hesitate too much you'll be blocking forever. occasionally reversal VV his ariel oki games if they're not cross ups. invincible start goes right through whatever meaty ball he throws out and you score free knockdown. Don't abuse it too cause he'll probably start safe jumping on you.