Sign in to follow this  
VR-Raiden

[+R] Sol Badguy Gameplay Discussion

Or high/low for 25% into combo, 2H(block)>tk FB SW or 2H(block)>2D>FB Fafnir :)

I'm not getting my hopes up about tk FB SW though, I feel like it would've been mentioned if it could be used for a super fast overhead. But for all I know that's what's implied by "kiresai possible."

Well, I doubt the TK FB SW would hit crouching opponents, so it could be used as a grounded fuzzy mixup or alike, but I don't really think it will go much beyond that.

A TK FB Sidewinder counting as an overhead would be too good to be true. I wonder how big the hitbox for the FB Sidewinder. Good thing about this is that he could salvage the Sidewinder loops with FB version in case the player isn't sure whether or not they're going to clean hit. I know I still have trouble with it sometimes. I'm more curious about the BB clean hit, has anyone found out if you can GF -> FRC -> BB and repeat? Or if BB has special properties when it clean hits?

I don't know about BB's clean hit properties, but I guess it would be the same as clean hit sidewinder. Apparently no one was able to get footage of the loketests, so we'll probably have to wait until release or another loketest where having video recordings are allowed.

In this vid, he does GF FRC > BB. It seems to clean hit, and causes a ground bounce. The clean hit seems to cause the CH BB bounce height.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8mwuFY0X4o&t=0m33s

After watching again, I don't see it actually say clean hit on the screen, but that hitstop/damage definitely looks like when other moves clean hit.

Even though it doesn't say "Clean Hit" it does have that look of a clean hit like you said. I'm guessing a regular hit still causes ground slide. If the bounce is going to be as high as a counter hit, does that mean we could loop the Bandit Bringer if we timed it to continually get Clean Hits?

Even though it doesn't say "Clean Hit" it does have that look of a clean hit like you said. I'm guessing a regular hit still causes ground slide. If the bounce is going to be as high as a counter hit, does that mean we could loop the Bandit Bringer if we timed it to continually get Clean Hits?

Most likely it will be a normal bounce. Even if it is a counterhit bounce, proration and gravity will eventually win over. You can actually do a character specific infinite against Potemkin and Zappa in the corner with Bandit Bringer in the current game.

Edited by Tae Seong Kim

According to some accounts from the location test thread, BB bounces on normal-ground hit. I'm assuming it's the old normal-hit bounce height from pre-AC. I wouldn't be surprised if we can loop a few BB with clean hits, it looks to be the CH BB bounce height to me. but we'll have to see if that's the optimal choice from a BB clean hit.

FB SW, might make sol's corner high/low mix up very dangerous.

2d KD safe jump j.s JC fuzzy j.s j.h into FB SW? / 2d KD safe jump j.s 2d Fafnir?

FB SW, might make sol's corner high/low mix up very dangerous.

2d KD safe jump j.s JC fuzzy j.s j.h into FB SW? / 2d KD safe jump j.s 2d Fafnir?

Assuming nothing about j.S or j.H has changed, j.H only combos on Potemkin in this situation. But maybe the hitbox of FB SW will be large enough that you can do it right after the j.S. That would be pretty awesome cuz then you could do worthwhile fuzzy set ups on more than like 3 characters. Last I checked, in AC you can only do low j.S (blocked) > j.D > SW on Anji, Eddie, and Pot. (or j.S > j.D > SW on Pot)

sorry if maybe this was already addressed but is TK FB Sidewinder going to have a minimum height requirement like normal Sidewinder? If it does, I don't think stuff like 2H>TK FB Sidewinder would work, or even an SW really low to the ground

Oh well. I hope they give Sol something to help out with his mixup game. for a pressure character his is really easy to figure out if you're not Kusoru.

Sol really doesn't need help with his mixup game, imho. It's not Millia's, but it's solid and on average leads to decent damage and a knockdown. He's also not a pressure character. He can pressure effectively if he's got tension for GF FRC, but not so much otherwise.

On the other hand, special cancelable Fafnir might improve Sol's pressure game without tension. Should be interesting to see how these changes turn out.

Edited by Orrax

I just found out that there's going to be another test this Saturday June 30th and Sunday July 1st. Hopefully we'll get more info about gameplay changes to Sol. I am most excited. :)

edit: forgot to post where I read this. Here you guys go.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/06/25/2nd-guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus-r-location-test-announced-for-630-71-in-shinjuku/

Added info for the 2nd loketest in the first post.

Only apparent nerfs are to 6H, less damage, no longer staggers, now level 4 instead of 5. However now we can cancel into it from f.S like Order Sol? maybe it'll combo on CH. It only says "S" though so dunno if it means f.S as well.

c.S +0 now is awesome. Some kind of damage boost for ending clean hit loops with Fafnir tyrant rave?

Edited by VR-Raiden

I believe the new gatling is specifically f.S -> 6HS.

Edit: Also, looking at the source PDF, it's 2HS with the CH untechable buff, not 2S. There's no aerial Bandit Bringer either, the note that was previously attributed to that is actually just the final change for Bandit Bringer, whatever that is.

Edited by Final Ultima

New loketest new impressions.

c.S becoming +/-0: Cool. This can be used as a Wild Throw tick move now, or to get the opponent to press buttons then you land CH f.S into whatever, 6H or Fafnir or something.

jD increased untech on ground hit: Looks like it knocksdown on everyone? Maybe something new and silly is possible, will have to play around with that to see.

2S increased time on CH: goes into 6H now maybe? Order Sol esque? Increase on the time on CH 2S is actually very good though, use it in matches as a footsie normal and get a CH, you can either hitconfirm into knockdown or get in really close and do something like... run in Wild Throw after or press buttons and maybe get ANOTHER counterhit.

T. Rave ver B: second hit wall stick: I.. lol. That's silly. Midscreen hitconfirm into... something?

Another good loketest. Still not getting my hopes up.

Never really used 6HS unless they were dizzy/stunned. Removing the stagger is somewhat of a bummer. But being able to go into it from f.S(if this is specific to this move only) is pretty awesome. 6HS was also able to be special canceled. So maybe go into GF FRC for more pressure? Unless they remove it.

Am I reading this right? Aerial Bandit Bringer? If this is true, is the FRC in BB going to be in the aerial version as well?

i think f. S > 6HS > grand viper should work

That would be nice, but it depends on the hitstun off 6H since it doesn't stagger anymore. Though technically 6H > GV didn't combo on max recover speed anyways.

I caught a bit of Sol on the stream over the weekend. Has a mini-dustloop, 5H > Fafnir looks great, saw 2D > FB Fafnir and he was comboing off the slide in the corner, saw BB ground bounce on normal hit. I missed the new DI move and didn't see him do any FB SW, or anything interesting with clean hit BB, or the new 6H.

EDIT:

f.S > 6H combos on counter hit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwxykvKDPew&t=20m12s

Edited by VR-Raiden

Just found out recently of GGXXAC+R. Sol's looking pretty strong in this one. As far as the gatling of 5s(f) > 6hs, I think they are just bringing back a form of gatling that he had back in the first GG. In that one, 5hs was what 6hs would eventually become from GGX onward. 6hs no longer staggering or doing more damage isn't going to be a big deal now that fafnir can combo after it's thrown out as a way to close the distance or combo guranteed combo starter in the corner from what I saw thus far. On another note, having the dustloop returned is cool, even if only2 reps or so available.

Sign in to follow this