Sign in to follow this  
Amadeous

[GGACR] Jam ACR Changes and Discussion Thread

Figured we may as well have a thread to discuss her changes in ACR as of the current loketest. Otherwise this thread will be updated whenever the new loketest comes out.

[Final Change Log in GGAC+R]

+ : All charged kicks can now be used at any time (assuming you have the proper card), by pressing the D button rather than the K for the kick's input. 236D will give you a charged Ryujin, etc.

+ : 6H is now special cancellable, can combo into charged Ryujin and other specials for newer combos and big damage. Groundbounces on air hit.

+ : 6HH is now cancellable into charging cards/charged kicks.

+ : Mawarikomi (236S~P) now has strike invulnerability on frames 1-4.

+ : Ashibarai (236S~K) is now cancellable into charging cards/charged kicks.

+ : Charged DP is now 3F startup, air blockable, forces prorate.

+ : FBPB no longer wallsticks, but has more invul and is cancellable into charging a card/charged kicks.

+ : Orb super has reduced recovery (9f down from 17f), knocks them away and knocks them down, don't lose tension if you get hit before super flash.

+ : 100 Fists super is now 7F + 1F startup from 7F + 28F startup. No word on changing damage or tension cost though.

+ : 6H H Followup knocks them farther away than before on block.

+ : New move: 3HS. 8f Landing recovery (sounds like her old 6H)

+ : Can cancel 236S~K into 22X

+ : 22K/S/H charges down to 53F from 57F.

+ : 22D charge to 50F from 64F.

+ : Last hit of charged Kenroukaku launches, increased untech time to 90F

+ : 22D gives one of every card

+/- : Change trajectory, proration, and the CH wall-stick properties of charged Ryujin.

+/- : 2H now floats lower on hit.

+/- : 236S~K now knocks down instead of stagger.

+/- : Can't use the K button to use charged kicks anymore, must use the D button

- : FBPB no longer causes wall stick.

- : 5K prorate to 80% from 90%

- : 6H now is GB +10, was GB +20.

- : 2H Untech time to 22f from 25f

- : Ryujin can be air guarded, no FD needed

- : Gekirin hitbox around her foot slightly smaller, crossing up is MUCH harder now.

- : DAA recovery now 16F, was 12F

- : 6H is +3 now, down from +5 in AC

Shoutouts to St1ckBuG for translating some of them on his twitter, along with Shinjin for translating the .pdf. Shoutouts to anyone else who posted vids/info.

Overall I'd say Jam didn't really shift much. According to Ogawa right now she's one of the strongest characters, very good and solid before she gets any cards, and once she has 25 meter + knockdown she can go for 22D and just becomes better in every way. She might have lost a bit of abare? But once you get the cards it sounds like her damage is just as high and easy to get as it was, if not better. And her cards are really easy to get now, and since they're faster + you can cancel into them from stuff like 6HH and FPBP you can get a little oki afterwards? Her wall loops are relatively unchanged, spend cards/meter for more damage it looks like lol. So yeah she's still kicking ass and such.

As for how her matchups changed, I'm a little worried by Faust and Testament now. Testament seems to have become even stronger at zoning while sacrificing pressure, which is more of a problem for us of course. And Faust is just REALLY good now apparently, and it wasn't a fun matchup in AC. But the game's new, so who knows?

Edited by Amadeous

I'm really down with the fb charges because now we will get #r and slash combos with ac knockdown. It was really a bummer losing the ability to use a raw charge and one of the many things that made the character less fun in the long run because of all the possibilities you lost. Random ryujin charged is going to be dangerous at a lot of ranges it they decide to keep the wallstick on it. If it's blocked just rc out for a nice opportunity or if you have a geki charged let that go lol. Fb charge is also a bit faster iirc so we'll still get some sort of oki a lot of the time too.

Overall this is looking like a nice compilation of all the play-styles she has gone through and I couldn't be happier about it. AC made it feel like everyone was on the same page with this character and now we should see a lot more inspired gameplay.

The only times I can think of FBPB being useful is going to be:

A) Using the invul to get them off of you and charging a card from it.

B) Already having a card and canceling into charged 236K.

Really, I'd be fine with losing wallstick on 6H H if we kept the wallstick on FBPB. Being able to get instant corner carry and combos from midscreen was really nice.

Well no one has mentioned how fast they fall after fbpb. Might be able to raise them high before it and get a 5.k before they land.

Yeah, like litchi is still "good".

If this were a stream I'd post a Kappa face.

*sigh* no fun wallloops. Okay, Jam...let's watch you work hard for 150 damage at 50% meter.

Or hey, it's still a loketest. Maybe some awesome technology is discovered.

She'll still get damage, she'll just need cards first. 5K cS 5H(3) 6H xx 6P 5H(3) 6H xx 2D still gives around 140 damage, and plenty of meter gain so you could tack on a 22D at the end if needed. From there, you'd run Jam's pressure and mix-up, and land a combo into 623D 236D 214D, land 5K 2H(1) 6H H to corner oki, or another card.

I do feel like she did lose a lot of options and openers into damage though. I'm wondering if CH FBPB and CH 6H H still have wall stick though.

Well, it's only the first loketest, and knowing ArcSys the next ones are bound to be random. We'll see how she fares, I really don't expect her to end up low tier outside of some completely unnecessarily nerfs, CSE Makoto style though. Throughout all of the GG games she's appeared in she's always been strong, so I'm fairly sure her character tools and archetype are just strong enough to keep her viable no matter what.

Just give me a Ryujin FRC and I'll be happy, hahaha.

i'm not too familiar with her versions outside of AC, I guess combos would revolve more around stuff like carded gekirin juggles and the like? (stuff i never bothered with before because why wouldn't I just wallstick haha)

that sounds like she'd be really dependant on cards compared to before, which doesn't sound too bad to me. just hoping the new combo tech she's getting will be interesting in the end, being boring to play/watch is imo a much worse situation than being bad.

If this version made Mulligan come to tournaments again, all changes are acceptable.

FBPB looks like it won't be a combo tool but will give you hard knockdown. The 22-series changes seem like your combos will be a lot like the ones from Reload.

She'll still be scary with 25% meter and an Asanagi-K for sure. FBPB -> charged 236K will still be a threatening too at any screen position I imagine.

6H is special cancellable now. Instead of wall loop you get PowerRyuujin loops. So, spend meter to get lots of ryuujin, combo random hits to powerryuujin loops with 6H. Get lots of dmg

(according to LOX, via Shinjin)

6H is special cancellable now. Instead of wall loop you get PowerRyuujin loops. So, spend meter to get lots of ryuujin, combo random hits to powerryuujin loops with 6H. Get lots of dmg

(according to LOX, via Shinjin)

Badass, will update first post soon.

lol whoa wait just 6.h or the extension too? Either way I love it. These changes keep getting better and better and they made her abare even better now that we have 2 extra charges laying around after our first combo. On the second hit when you have tension again we can just use 5.s tk ryujin, kenrou charge rc ji combo. After that though unlike slash we get the option to knock them down again with our remaining geki charge and either charge again or pressure lol. Like the only thing that could make this better for me is the old 6.h added with the new.

Charge city

6H is special cancellable? Everything makes sense now.

Have we heard anything about 2D > 236SK > Asanagi-K?

Notable changes:

6H

-Removed throw invulnerability.

-Knocks down on air hit(?)

-Doesn't raise guard bar as much. Was GB+20, is now GB+10.

-Can cancel into specials on hit or guard(?)

-Follow-up 6HH has greater knock-back on block.

-Follow-up 6HH can be cancelled into her new D-kicks.

236S~P

-Strike Invulnerable from frames 1~4

Charged Ryujin (236K)

-Blows the opponent diagonally forward when hit.

-Now has 80% proration.

-On CH, causes the same length of wall-stick as regular hit. (Used to be about double.)

Charged Kenroukaku (623K)

-Now has 3F start-up. Used to be 5.

-Now has 80% proration.

-GB- was 4x7, is now 5x7.

-Something else is written but I don't understand it: 最後の1撃をヒットさせた際に 真上に吹き飛ばす ようになりました

Force Break Puffball (236S~D)

-Now has 28F of recovery. Was 15F.

-Knocks down on hit.

-Cancellable into her 22X series on hit or block(?).

Renhoukyaku (632146H)

-Reduced recovery (now 9f instead of 17).

-Blow back on the last hit(?)

Dead Angle

-Increased the recovery of her dead angle from 12 to 16 frames.

Tousai Hyakuretsuken (64641236P+K)

-Her 'secret' super now has a start-up of 7F ​​+ 1F. Old start-up was 7F + 29F.

New Move: 3H

-Her old 6H from Reload(?)

-Increased recovery from 6F to 8F.

2H

-Untechable time reduced from 25F to 22F.

Something else written but I don't understand it: ヒット時の 浮き が低くなりました。

-Proration changed from 90% to 80%.

Note: I skipped a lot of stuff. Would be nice if someone who understands the language actually goes through all of it, especially the sections on her 236S, 6H, 6HH, and new D-series kicks.

Edited by St1ckBuG

Sign in to follow this